PDA

View Full Version : Capacity of TS resaturants?

Jen66
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can find out the seating capacity of Disney's TS places? Specifically I want to know if GF Cafe seats more or less than 1900 PF. I have 1990 booked for breakfast during the rehab and I wonder if character interaction will be better or worse at GF cafe?
I may have to change my ADR if it is worse! thanks!

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I can't answer the capacity question, but I can tell you that the Grand Floridian Cafe is a lovely space: open, airy, plenty of tables and room between tables. Plus, it's a plated breakfast now. With a plated breakfast vs a buffet, you tend to see more of the characters and have slightly better interaction-- they have less chance of missing you while you're at the buffet so they get more time per table.

Plus, Disney went to some effort (and risk of alienating Grand Floridian Cafe's regular dining fans) in making this a replacement meal, so I suspect they may go all out to make it special. Maybe keep an eye on trip reports to see what people say about it once it starts?

Mickey91
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I cannot see how the seating capacity will affect the character experience. Go and enjoy!:mickey:

Natazu
06-06-2007, 03:53 AM
GF Cafe seats less than 1900 by a pretty decent amount.

Maybe keep an eye on trip reports to see what people say about it once it starts?I agree, put an X in the center square

TheRustyScupper
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
. . . I have 1990 booked for breakfast during the rehab and I wonder if character interaction will be better or worse at GF cafe? . . .

1) A character meal is a character meal.
2) I do not see how the venue will change interaction.
3) It is a plated meal vs a buffet.
4) That is the prime difference.

NOTE: Frankly, I like the idea of a much smaller room (and plated meal) for a character meal. Not to cause a lot of flames, but kids running around are greatly diminished.