PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 31-40

King Triton
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
This is going quick. Here's a review of questions 31-40. If you missed the earlier reviews, there's links to them at the end of this post.
---
Question #31 asked the question, that, in Harry Potter terms, must not be asked. Do you dare go to Disney without the kids? The answer, surprisingly to me, is yes. 67% of you said, yes, you would do this.

Okay, let me just say this. I love my children, and I am looking forward to taking them to WDW next year. I would never even consider going without them at this point. HOWEVER, I will not lie. I voted WDW WITHOUT KIDS because I truly believe that visiting WDW is best for two adults and I don't think I'll ever have as great a time as I would with just me and my wife. -- darthmacho

I voted with kids, because as much as I love WDW and would enjoy it on my own (and have before the kids), half of my joy when we are there now is seeing my kids' happiness. -- biodtl

Tough one! WDW is so great for families, and so great for couples without kids along. ... I want both. -- SBETigg
---
Question #32 takes us outside the World again, this time matching the question #23 winner, Islands of Adventure, against Sea World. Shamu and friends took this fairly easily, capturing 59% of the vote.

Sea World. For me, it is all about my kids. We went to SW in March '06, and my daughter's yelps, clapping and cheering for Shamu at at age 3 was just one of those priceless moments. -- pshokie

I would take IoA over Sea World in a heartbeat! -- Tynkerbelle

This was a tough one for me. -- aprilisis
---
Question #33 was intended to be a tough one, pitting the newly rehabbed Pirates of the Caribbean against the about to be rehabbed Haunted Mansion. This one, as expected, generated a lot of votes...over 150. Pirates was the winner, with about 57% of the vote.

I ended up choosing POC. What did it for me was thinking about the music - WDW just wouldn't be the same for me without a few (dozen) verses of "Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's Life For Me...." Come on, you know you can't stop singing it after you get off the ride!! Yup, Pirates!!! -- Nini

HM is an EXPERIENCE, from the cast members to the Doonbuggies to the ghosts at the end -- Kairi_7378

This is tough. I honestly can't choose because I enjoy both equally. -- SHORTY
---
Question #34 asked you to compare Old Key West against upstart Saratoga Springs. Saratoga Springs took this in a very close vote, winning by 3 votes (52% overall)

We just loved the look and feel of Saratoga Springs. Had to choose it. -- princessjojo

OKW by a landslide. Absolutely no question about it! -- Maleficent's Dad
---
Question #35 asked you to choose between two of the upscale eateries. Do you like Shula's or California Grill? This was one of the few landslide questions, with California Grill taking 92% of the vote.

I have to say California Grill. No matter how wonderful Shula's may be it'll never be CG. Watching the fireworks explode over Cinderella's castle while having a wonderful meal and great wine in the most magical place in the world could never be outdone IMHO. -- KAT1811

I voted for Shula's - I approached it from a food perspective. While the Cali Grill is definitely more Disney and I would love to check it out just for the view and to watch the fireworks - I even almost booked it for my Oct trip - the menu is just not my thing. -- Tynkerbelle
---
Question #36 asked about how you plan your Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs). You were presented with four choices: Make the ADR's as soon as possible and leave them alone, make the ADR's early, but change them, make no ADR's until you arrive or, make no ADR's at all and either walk-up, eat only counter service or eat offsite. 66% of you said make the ADR's as soon as possible and leave them alone. 22% make them early, but change them. This tells me over 90% of you make sure you get reservations. 9% don't make them until onsite and only 2% don't make them at all.

We make ADR's as soon as possible. I get up the first day I'm able to make them and start calling a few minutes before the lines open. We typically have 1 or 2 high profile places to go that aren't so easy to get into like CRT and we want to make sure we don't have a problem getting in. -- avantgardeinker

We make them early but change them several times. I think I've called Disney Dining six or seven times now. We like to plan where we're eating but don't necessarily like having to be locked into ADRs because where we want to eat six months in advance isn't always where we want to eat close to trip time. -- Spaceship Tigger

We rarely make any ADR's now, we usually don't like to be tied down to a timeline. -- WDWfeelslikehome
---
Question #37 asked you to pick which section of Epcot you like best. 69% of you picked the World Showcase, with the rest choosing Future World.

I think WS is the best. It's so refreshing to wander around and explore the different cultures. It's such a relaxing way to spend a day! -- tinksmom02

I picked FW because it had more to do then WS. To me going to WDW is about doing Disney related things and WS although it is beautiful is just so broing to me. -- glenpreece

Wow, what a tough question! They're both so different. -- johnO
-----
Question #38 asked which pool you like better: Animal Kingdom Lodge's or Wilderness Lodge's. The vote here was pretty close, but the Wilderness Lodge pool was the winner with 54% of the vote.

I voted for the Wilderness Lodge pool. It reminds me of my childhood summers in Yosemite and the view is top notch. -- January-2007

...we chose AKL. The pool itself and the poolside bar, beat out WL for us by far. We love both pools and their resorts, but head to head we'll take Uzima any day! -- WDWfeelslikehome

I can't vote on this one!! ...they both look incredible. -- avantgardeinker
---
Question #39 was a real close one. You were asked to choose between Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill. Only four out of almost 100 votes separated the two. CHH took it with 52% of the vote.

Columbia Harbour House...that tuna fish sandwich is SOOOO good!!! Plus, it's in a very central location and it's so peaceful looking down on Liberty Square. -- jenperich

Pecos Bill for sure. I love the fixin's bar. for some reason it just seems like they are giving you so much more. -- KAT1811

This one was soooooo hard. -- Belle_0717
---
Question #40 asked you about a trip planning dilemma. Do you make your airline reservations as soon as you can, or sit back and wait for a discount? The vote here was close. About 54% of you said book as soon as possible.

I'm a planner, a worry wart, and extremely impatient. i always make my plans as soon as it is practical, even if it costs me more money in the long run. -- darthmacho

Unless I come across a really great deal I hold off. -- Tynkerbelle
---
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)
Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)
Questions 21-30 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105376)

Tynkerbelle
06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
This is going quick indeed! You're coming up with some great questions.....

I look forward to this each morning (a great way to start the day) - I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when it's done!!

Thanks, King Triton and keep up the good work!

pshokie
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
:woohoo: I got quoted!! Yeah me! :D

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the review! While I was in WDW this week I actually thought to myself, I wonder what questions I am going to miss... Thanks for posting this so I could catch up!! :mickey:

KAT1811
06-05-2007, 10:38 PM
How about the YO200Q??? I love these and look for them every morning. Most of the time you haven't posted the days question yet so I keep checking back until I find it.

We are heading up north for a week soon and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I can't possibly miss a week of questions. (our laptop crashed so it can't travel with me) :(