PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing to a theme park

Camping Mom
06-05-2007, 01:37 AM
If you could change one thing to a theme park, what would it be? For me, it would be to add more rides to MGM and put them on the OTHER side of the park away from RnRC and ToT. It gets SO bunched up there and you go to the other side of the park, especially at night, and no one is there. Seems like they could spread the crowd out a bit...and they do need more attractions in that park.

What would you change if you were a Disney Imagineer? :mickey:

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
I would love to see rides to include, Bambi, Mary Poppins, Alice, and Pinnochio. One of my all time fav characters is Jimini Cricket. He needs a place where we can be inspired while he sings "When You Wish Upon A Star" to us. I mean that is what it is all about. The Queen

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-05-2007, 02:25 AM
I agree with Queen, there should be more rides/attractions with other Disney classics...I like the idea of having an Alice ride there, or a show...but definately something with Dumbo and the Pink Elephants - even if it was just one of those rides similar to Snow White in the MK.

And I know exactly what you mean about 1 side of MGM being empty..was there late last month and said the same thing a couple times to my DGF.

Chris :hatter:

RAIDER
06-05-2007, 04:12 AM
Well i miss the cable car in MK and i think they should certainly have one in AK looking down on the park .... I would love to see the old Captain Nemo ride brought back ....

As for new rides .. I go for a few old classics like other people have mentioned like the Rescuers or even a Robin Hood :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Ayndi
06-05-2007, 05:15 AM
The biggest fix needed IMHO is for them to do something with the empty spaces. Fantasyland old skyway building and WOL in Epcot.

So sad.

LouRodriGIS
06-05-2007, 06:05 AM
I think Tomorrowland could use some help. Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway don't seem to hold any nostalgic value and don't seem that popular anymore. The real estate taken up by the speedway could be used for 2 new attractions...

Monsters Inc. ride (i.e. the DLR ride)
New Star Wars ride or something

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 07:06 AM
My first thought was to eliminate the cheesy carnival Dinorama section of the Animal Kingdom in favor of a mythical animals themed land and attractions. But I also think MGM needs some revamping as Camping Mom suggests.

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I would change the location. I would make them close to my house. :joy:

pshokie
06-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Here's one I have not seen mentioned in any of the topics like this...

Coming from the eyes of a 4 yo (my DD), I would change Rifiki's Planet Watch in AK. I would do 2 things:
1) Somehow, not sure how, I would get the train station closer. It is a pain to walk and carry small kids, especially in the humidity in that park (is it me or is it worse there than anywhere else?)
2) I would replace all of the animals in the Affection Section with animals you would not see at an ordinary petting zoo. We have more exotic animals at the leesburg petting zoo than they do there (and no, I am not kidding). My DW was really upset that we went all that way to pet some goats, pigs, cows, and donkeys. granted they were all "exocitc" in terms of their origin, but to the lay-person, they were goats, pigs, cows, and donkeys. How about a tiger cub, or baby elephant or even weird things like platapusses. Do something different....

KAJUNKING
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
couldnt agree more wth doing something about the empty spaces, and although i would like to see something done with the speedway, as long as the lines stay as long as they have been(everytime we go it seem it has one of the longest waits in tommorowland) i dont think disney is going to do anything different :mickey:

Camping Mom
06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
I would change the location. I would make them close to my house. :joy:

I LOVED THAT!!:funny:

nicole48040
06-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Stupid people. Yes, that would be my one thing. There are always those pushy, crazed, sense of entitlement people. You know the ones, who feel that it is more important for them to videotape a parade then to let another child sit in front so they could see it. The ones who feel that because they foolishly wasted half a day waiting for a parade, that others should stand back and give them their "personal space". Yes, that would definately be the one thing that I would change. If ignorance is bliss then they should all be on :cloud9:

big blue and hairy
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
If you could change one thing to a theme park, what would it be? For me, it would be to add more rides to MGM and put them on the OTHER side of the park away from RnRC and ToT. It gets SO bunched up there and you go to the other side of the park, especially at night, and no one is there. Seems like they could spread the crowd out a bit...and they do need more attractions in that park.

I agree. If rumors prove to be true they could be on the way. Oh yeah, and lifetime passes for Big Blue and Hairy and DW! :thumbsup:

:sulley:

darthmacho
06-08-2007, 08:31 AM
I'd add more movie based attractions to MGM, more animals to Animal Kingdom, and try to bring Epcot's Future World back to what it was originally intended by re-working the Imagination, Wonders of Life, and Universe of Energy pavilions, and rebuilding the Horizons attraction, but using modern technology.

As for MK, I might add another land somewhere, but I'm not certain what it would be. :mickey:

DNS
06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
My first thought was to eliminate the cheesy carnival Dinorama section of the Animal Kingdom in favor of a mythical animals themed land and attractions.

I totally agree!!!

Jared
06-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I would fix Future World by filling the empty space. The Odyssey Restaurant and Wonders of Life are two large, dormant buiidings.

LibertyTreeGal
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm.....

1. Get rid of Stitch at MK and replace it with America Sings!
2. Get rid of Conservation Station and replace it with anything.... except for Stitch!
3. I'd love to see another country in the WS, actually I'd love to see Israel but I'd be worried about possible incidents.... but Spain, Greece or India would be pretty cool :thumbsup:
4. MGM.... I'm really having a hard time thinking of one thing. Get rid of Sounds Dangerous!

EpcotFan182
06-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I would probably condense AK. Yes, its beautiful, but everything is so spread out...it takes forever to hike it to Everest to get a FP! :silly:

Camping Mom
06-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for all the comments. It does make you stop and wonder what you would change if you were personally put in charge. Personally in charge of Disney for one whole day??!!! Hmmmmm...opens up a whole new thread, doesn't it??? I think I will!

RocknRoller94
07-24-2007, 02:29 PM
More thrill rides, please. :thedolls:

GreenBeetle
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I would enclose each of the parks in some sort of dome . . . then summer heat/bad weather would never be an issue!! :D

okw2006
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I would change the design of the cars on SM to include some kind of head restraint. As I get older the rough ride into the turns hurts my neck. Actually, I don't ride it anymore. But, I would like to.:thumbsup:

TuscanRaider
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Let me see...

1. Replace Stitch's Great Escape with a better Stitch attraction (I think Stitch is a great character but with a not so good ride)

2. Add more dark rides like Haunted Mansion and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and speaking of Mr. Toad...

3. Bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

4. Create a Silly Symphonies tiki-bird-like attraction

5. Get rid of the characters in the Living Seas (Nemo) and El Rio de Tiempo (Donald etc.) (I want to get back to Walt's idea of E.P.C.O.T.)

6. Fix up Future World with new future-esk things.

7. Make a second Great Movie Ride or update the original.

8. Get rid of Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

9. Add more countries to World Showcase

10. Add more to Animal Kingdom
10A. I agree with adding a Skyway-type attraction over animal Kingdom

10B. Add a Mythical-Animals land to Animal Kingdom

10C. Get rid of Dinorama!

10D. Add more water attractions and cooler-downers to Animal Kingdom

This is fun. :number1:

DessertDivaFL
07-24-2007, 07:59 PM
How about bringing back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

How about a ride based on The Incredibles, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Hercules, Pocahontas or Home on the Range?

GhostHost999
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
ok here we go...time to get my brain cooking on this...

1) Monorail spurs out to MGM and Animal Kingdom.

2) take the empty space where 20K Leagues used to be and put up some new fantasyland rides for the classic movies people have mentioned...mary poppins, alice, etc. (wouldn't even mind seeing mr toad make a comeback)

3) To jazz up the "empty" side of MGM, how about a section dedicated to fantasy/horror movies? You could have kid friendly things like a bedknobs and broomsticks attraction, but also toss in a dark ride, maybe another something with some thrills.

4) Agree with folks who want Future World to actually steer more towards future stuff. Also some additions to WS would be nice. Greece would be an excellent candidate...How about a Bobsled ride for Switzerland?...(plus thin of the chocolate you could sell there) Or a jungle book attraction for India? (if I remember right that's where it takes place).

5) magic carpets gotta go...you want an aladdin ride? Fine, put it in fantasyland...how about a motion simulator ride on a magic carpet??

6) how about an updated 20,000 Leagues ride in Adventureland? (it never *really* belonged in fantasyland anyway.

7) Bring back the Alien Encounter...that was a great show...only kick back a few beans to Fox and use the ALIEN from the movies. That'd give the folks a nice boot in the pants.

8) Love the idea of a mythical animals land in AK...how about a water ride where you're looking for the Loch Ness Monster? (if they can build a 30ft tall yeti, how hard can Nessie be?)

9) Hmmm...this is getting long isn't it?

10) If the wonders of life building is not going to be used, would anyone mind if I put up Horizons 2.0 there instead?

11) While we're about it...would anyone mind if I revamped Journey into Imagination and brought back the classic version 1 of the ride?

12) Let's gut or raze the unused skyway building and put a cool attraction there...TRON anyone?

13) This may not go over well, but how about a small adults only area where we can have some meet and greet time with our fave characters?

Ok I think I've worn out the soapbox I've been standing on, so I think I'm done. :mickey:

Buzz_Burbank
07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
There are always those pushy, crazed, sense of entitlement people. You know the ones, who feel that it is more important for them to videotape a parade then to let another child sit in front so they could see it.

A return to common courtesy among patrons at the parks would be something I would certainly like to see. I am a passholder and I have logged a LOT of time at WDW over the last five years. Manners and common courtesy are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. The above quote is a typical example of this for me. If it is important for you that you or your kids have a front row location for an event then you need to plan your time accordingly. You do not have an inalienable right to wait until the last minute and then try to muscle your way to the front of an area ahead of folks who have already claimed a spot for an event. Trying to do so is just plain rude as is unduely crowding somebody standing or sitting in front of you. That being said I personally will normally let small children in front of me at these shows if the parents ask me nicely and the kids appear to be well behaved AND if there's a place for them to physically fit. Please keep in mind that there is not room in front of a person sitting on the curb on Main Street waiting for Spectromagic. Also, don't expect me to let your kids shove in front of me if you don't have the common courtesy to ask me first. I ask the person that I quoted above to not take this comment as a personal attack. It's not meant to be. Just keep in mind that you and your family are not the only people in the park and that good manners and common courtesy will go a long way to making your trip more enjoyable to you and others around you.

PS

I've been thinking for quite a while about starting a thread about while I call "common sense" and "common courtesy" or a lack there of in the parks. I'm going to gather my thoughts over the next couple of days and get it cranked up. It should make for a lively discussion. ;)

aprilshowers93
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok, here are my ideas. (I took a few of them off other posts that I liked. Some of you have some great ideas!)

Magic Kingdom

1. Remove stitch's great escape and replace it with.........something...........something not stitch.

2. People may like the speedway, but I personally never go on it. To me it seems like too basic of a ride for "The Magic Kingdom." Put a new E-ticket in that space.

3. Add an E-ticket to adventureland and take out the carpets, trees would be better giving the land a more jungle look.

4. Expand Fantasyland. There is still room within the train tracks and maintenance buildings could be moved out. It will give more space for more of the disney classics we all love.

EPCOT

5. Add Greece with an E-ticket ride based on the oddessy

MGM

6. Add a some-what fast enclosed rollercoaster based on National Treasure. Fast and Fun, but slow enough to see all the themeing.

7. I heard an idea for a monster inc ride at one of the parks, I'll add a little of my own ideas too. A suspended floorless rollercoaster that can sway side to side and on the back of the 2 seated 'car' would be a door. Its like the scene from the movie. And you go through all these adventures while on this 'door'

Animal Kingdom

8. Give Dinorama a more Prehistoric feel.

9. Add an new "land" where Camp Minnie Mickey is.

Overall for any park

10. More Dark rides without video screens. I like the classic haunted mansion and PotC.

11. I haven't thought of a great theme disney could use, but I went on a ride called superman at 6 flags and you are literally lying down. It was the best rollercoaster I have ever been on. What Disney characters can fly?.......hmmm.

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Some creepy thrill rides, themed by villians at MGM...there just isn't enough to do.

jszczur5
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Coming from the eyes of a 4 yo (my DD), I would change Rifiki's Planet Watch in AK. I would do 2 things:
1) Somehow, not sure how, I would get the train station closer. It is a pain to walk and carry small kids, especially in the humidity in that park (is it me or is it worse there than anywhere else?)

Yes, the humidity is definitely higher in AK than any other park, due to the lush vegetation. I read somewhere that the ambient temp. in AK is 4 degrees higher than the other parks. My plan of attack beat the heat (took me four visits to figure out) - get there at opening, and out by 1:00. Back to the hotel for a swim or rest and then off to another park in the evening.
Anyway, as to the topic at hand:
MK - Bye bye Stitch and the speedway = lots of room for two new attractions, like a fast paced Monster's Inc. kind of coaster. I don't know what DL has, but it has to be more than Laugh Inc.
Also a section dedicated to the Disney Villains. This would really appeal to pre-teen boys who don't care for princesses, and are too old for some of the classic characters like Pooh, Peter Pan and Genie.
EPCOT - Refurb WOL and open it year round, or close it permanently and build a new ride, maybe another Soarin' type but with a different locale. This would certainly help with the crowds in the Land pavilion.
MGM - more attractions please. I love this park, but there isn't enough there!!
A fast paced, exciting ride like Universal's The Mummy, or Dueling Dragons.
AK - not a huge fan. As I stated earlier, get there early, do the 4 or 5 musts (EE, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, safari, and KRR, if you want to get wet), then get out of there by 1:00. This park definitely needs more attractions to make it anything other than a "half day park".
And although it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. I love Disney, and if they never brought in another new ride or did a major refurb. ever again, I would still go year after year, as it is, truly, the happiest place on earth.
27 more days...:mickey::mickey::mickey:

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Remove the MGM Hat.

Improve the way parades move through the parks. During parades some areas are completely cut off (Splash and Big Thunder Mountains). Also parades can make foot traffic impossible. I don't want to be a scrooge but parades make park touring a gigantic pain.

Mickey91
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I would create a Yesterland at the MK. It would house Mr Toads Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues, and the Skyway. Plus, they could move Cranium Command, Horizons and World of Motion in there too. There would also be a shop with merchandise from the 70s and 80s.:mickey: