PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Of Progress.

WDWFREAK101
06-05-2007, 01:27 AM
This has probably been on here before but, i was wondering if the Rumours about the Carousel of Progress are actually true.

Ive heard it a bunch of times but never really believed it.

Will it close?

I would hate to see it go.

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2007, 02:13 AM
:mickey:Actually, I have also heard this for a couple of years now, but :confused:who knows. I love Disney, but this ride is not on the top of my favs, so I wouldn't be heart-broken if it was refurbished into something more Disney-oriented, like Progess of Disney over the years, to include Steam Boat Willie into a modern version. Also add movies like "Cars" and "Bambi" and "Pinnochio." I especially would prefer a ride where "Jimini Cricket" was interactive. I mean who doesn't love JC singing "When You Wish Upon A Star?" Just a thought! The Queen

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Oh, I surely hope not. Carousel of Progress is one of my favs and it's such a classic. It was Walt's baby.

SpecJoe Magic
06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Don't take the rumour about the closure of CoP seriously. This rumour has been around so long that I don't pay attention to it anymore. Of course, it's possible that it will close eventually, but I'll have to see an official announcement before I believe it.

KAJUNKING
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
it is truly a classic and i hope they never close it, we see it at least twice everytime we go :mickey:

AnnetteFan
06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't think it gets any more Disney oriented than Carousel of Progress. I think people often have the false assumption that in order to be Disney it has to include a Disney character.

GrmGrninGost
06-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Carousel of Progress is CLASSIC DISNEY at its best! It is one of my very favorite attractions! I sit and watch and think of Walt and it's all very nostalgic. It is a truly wonderful show that can be enjoyed by everyone!:mickey: I hope it stays as it is for many, many more years!

JPL
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't think it gets any more Disney oriented than Carousel of Progress. I think people often have the false assumption that in order to be Disney it has to include a Disney character.

:ditto::ditto:

This attractions captures the Magic of Walt and his forward looking vision that gave us WDW. I know most people want thrills and flash but COP is a True Disney attraction with Walt's fingerprints all over it :thumbsup:

Jeff
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
:ditto::ditto:

This attractions captures the Magic of Walt and his forward looking vision that gave us WDW. I know most people want thrills and flash but COP is a True Disney attraction with Walt's fingerprints all over it :thumbsup:

Well Said!

dog-ears
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Have they done any upgrading / decor maintenance to it lately?

The last time we were there it was looking pretty sad - worn and torn carpeting and some seats were shabby looking too.

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Don't take the rumour about the closure of CoP seriously. This rumour has been around so long that I don't pay attention to it anymore. Of course, it's possible that it will close eventually, but I'll have to see an official announcement before I believe it.

Exactly. There is no way Disney would remove "Walt's baby." It was a very important attraction to him and it would be so wrong if they took it out! Id deffinatly have to see something official before i'd even consider it being true.

And i adore that song. It's a favorite attraction of mine!

JOrdan :]

beksy
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree. It is one that we always do a few times each trip. It's such a great place to go in the middle of the day and just relax and enjoy the show. Plus, I love the song! :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
More COP fans here. It's a must do for our family. :thumbsup: I have heard the rumors over the years too, hopefully they will stay just that.

PharmD
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
This is definately on of our favorite attractions. We do it when we first arrive and right before we leave. I've heard the rumors about closing for a long time and have come to think that if it does close it won't be anytime soon. But who knows, I just make sure to do it at least twice each trip just in case.

lindique
06-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Have they done any upgrading / decor maintenance to it lately?

The last time we were there it was looking pretty sad - worn and torn carpeting and some seats were shabby looking too.
On my last trip (in March), I noticed that there were new seats and carpets in the theater I was in. Hopefully that means they are planning to keep the ride open!

iceicebritney
06-09-2007, 09:01 PM
you know how we can keep this ride open? by visiting it everytime we come to wdw. i make it a point every time i visit MK to ride Carousel if it is open in order to boost its attendence. i know not many first timers get to experience it because a lot of times it's not open... but if you're there... ride it! maybe it'll help show the disney execs that it is still popular after all these years and DEFINETLY worth keeping!!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
At one time the plan was to wipe out the CoP building and the Skyway building to put in an Incredibles themed e-ride. Evidently those plans are not currently on the front burner so who knows.

I hope it stays around since it is one of my favorites.

automation85
06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
The last time my family went do WDW, they asked someone who worked at the Carousel of Progress if the fact that so few people rode the ride makes the resort think about getting rid of the attraction.

The cast member's response, which you all will find interesting, is that the ride will NEVER close. This was one of the first shows made by Walt for the World's fair and it is in the foundation of the parks that this ride will always exist, though with updates with the times as needed.

In my opinion, as long as the board of trustees and Walt's family still believe in his original vision, to some extent, this ride will remain a stample in the park (even if it only gets a few visitors an hour).

Chescat
06-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I just love the music in COP. I had wished it never left DLR. But it is Disney history. The ending was updated after it left here.

The attractions that came from the Worlds Fair of 1964 was Tiki Room, It's A Small World, Carousel of Progress, The Dinosaurs (was Grand Canyon from there also??) from Train Ride, and Mr. Lincoln. Its remarkable the only one we lost was Mr. Lincoln when 50th came out. (We've been harassing City Hall to get him back! :mad: )