PDA

View Full Version : Disney by myself, need advice

obsidiansti
06-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok, so I'm in Orlando on business right now. I finish up here tomorrow and don't have to be in Tampa until Thursday. That gives me all of Wednesday to hang out. I have been a Disney addict all of my life but am having trouble deciding on whether or not to go. I went ahead and booked a room at the All-star Music for tomorrow night courtesy of my company. I can't imagine being able to enjoy it too much by myself. Any suggestions?

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Oh boy, I was in this situation (not exactly) more times than I can count. I used to travel for a living and I have gone to Graceland and the Sears Tower (among other tourist attractions as well) by myself. I would just suggest finding things to do that would put you in as a group. See the parades and shows and eat at places, like for instance the Biergarten and Teppanyaki, that offer seating with other guests. Do some shopping and ride a few things in the single riders lane. I know it can be a bit lonely and awkward being there alone but hey, make the best of it.....it IS Disney.

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh......BTW......
Welcome to Intercot!!!!!!!!!!!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

obsidiansti
06-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks,

I have been a long time lurker. I travel virtually every week so I am certainly used to being on my own. I've been all over from the beaches of Hawaii, to the empire state building in New York all by my lonesome. Disney is different though. I am used to doing things by myself but I don't know how I can enjoy Disney alone. It such a special place. I'm so torn.

Not to mention, the way my luck goes, I would probably be chosen for the night in the castle. Talk about bitter sweet.

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 12:50 AM
I wasn't as lucky as you....I only got to travel the eastern part of the US....driving. I worked with oversized tractor trailers. Anyway......enjoy yourself either way. If you happen to come back around September, my BF and I will go on some rides with ya!

jray21
06-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Don't feel bad at all being alone. You would be very surprised at how many people do it. There are a lot of workers who go out throught the parks alone because of different work schedules from friends. You also have lots of families that split up for a little bit and go it alone. I am going for an entire week in january alone and I do it a lot. I usually just eat a counter service and use a lot of the single lines. It's really not that bad. It is much more worth it to go and feel a little uncomfortable than to not go and regret it.

LisaMarie
06-05-2007, 02:39 AM
I did MK and Epcot all by myself when I was attending a symposium at Coronado Springs. It was nice to see things at my own pace and not to have to worry about what other people wanted to do. I could also ride my favorite rides, like Pirates of the Carribean, 4 times in a row without anybody moaning that they want to do something else. It was September and not that crowded so usually I didn't have to sit with strangers on any ride. I had my own private boat in the Mexico ride. I chatted a lot with other guests and cast members because I like to talk. People were very friendly and I never felt lonely. Of course, they may still be talking about the crazy lady who pointed out the hidden mickey in Norway, but I will never see them again! It is so easy to do Disney shopping and browse through all the Epcot stores when you are on your own. I am sure you will have fun.

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2007, 02:49 AM
First Order of Business: :welcome::welcome: to Intercot...glad to have you on board.
Second Order of Business: Okay, so you are alone, I agree with LISA MARIE, try it you will find ppl to talk to and you will have fun. All you need is some :pixie: dust! Now, you are set! Disney is the happiest place on earth! The Queen:mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I always arrive with my family, but I try to set off by myself at least one day during the trip. I love roaming Disney by myself when I get the chance. Don't get me wrong, I love sharing the magic with my family, but I also enjoy some time to myself. Plus I am able to get from point A to point B more quickly, take advantage of single rider lines, stop where ever I want, eat where ever. I call it my "Daddy Day" and it's when I get to ride all of the thrill rides. Doing Disney by yourself is a very unique, enjoyable experience.

KAJUNKING
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
i would give it a shot, worst case scenario is you may like it and start booking all your disney trips alone! :D

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I have been to Disney several times on my own and those are some of the best trips that I have had. I love to spend some extra time doing excatly what I really like doing. I also use some of the time to look at all the smaller items that I typically miss. Another fun thing to do is search for hidden Mickey.

I'm trying to book another business trip at Disney so I can do the solo trip again. :thumbsup:

obsidiansti
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Its starting to sound better and better. Thanks for the input!!

Which rides offer the single rider lines?

Zippy_D_DooDah
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Single Rider Line:

Test Track for sure. I'm not sure if RRC did, but they did move me up and put me with a group who needed one more to fill the cars. I think Space Mountain has one, but I could be wrong. I rode that one with my group.

BashfulMom
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
What a wonderful opportunity to check out the parks and see what it is all about. You can go at your own pace and see what you want.

I would definately go by myself. I hope you have a ball.

:waycool:

obsidiansti
06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Update:

I wound up going to the MK. It was great. Thanks for all of the advice. It was nice being able to get to go and do what I wanted when I wanted. My only regret was that I wish I would have gone to Epcot instead. I was hoping to use this time to focus on things that I have spent very little time doing in the past and Epcot would have been the place to go. Ultimately, I could not resist the lure of the MK.

Thanks again