PDA

View Full Version : question about the grill at the Fort Wilderness cabin

Butchiem1
06-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I will be in WDW staying at the Fort Wilderness in a cabin June 24th - June 29th with my 2 DSs for our annual boys trip :mickey:

I know this might sound like a funny question, but I need to know the size of the grate on the grill that is outside the cabins. I want to be able to buy a new one in advance. and bring it with me.

can anyone tell me where I can buy one from and what size i need to get?

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

ibrowse17
06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Great question, but I have no idea. I would call FW and ask. That would be a useful piece of info that you should post after you find out.:thumbsup:

hoop de do
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Just curious on knowing why you want to
bring a new grate. On our stays the one on the grill worked fine. The grill cooking surface was chained to the grill itself. Just curious, hope you have a great vaca. :thumbsup:

Butchiem1
06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
I am strictly kosher and the grate needs to be brand new in order for me to use the grill.

hoop de do
06-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I understand. Definitely call FW because I'm not sure of the dimensions. I'm sure the new grill will work because the other one will just hang to the side. If I can make one suggestion it would be to use matchlight charcoal. Sorry I couldn't give you the dimensions but I'm sure you'll have a great "grillin". Let us know. :thumbsup:

mamaloya
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, one thing I have found about WDW is that they are awesome with special food needs. When you call and explain your situation to them, they may just arrange for you to pick up a new one upon arrival at no charge. I am sure they have spare ones to replace the old ones as needed.

Please let me know the response you get. I would be interested as I have a daughter with special dietary concerns as well.

What about the cookware in the cabins? Will you bring your own? For years I used special cookware just for my dd to make sure there was no cross contamination.

Oh, also, would it be possible to use foil on the grill? One other tip is that they sell little bags to use in toasters that keeps the food you are toasting from coming into contact with any food that may have been in the toaster previously.

Happy camping!

Butchiem1
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I did call FW and they said they would give me a brand new one when I checked in. but they did tell me that I should call a couple of days before I come in to have them put one aside for me. (this was after the front desk had do call someone at the campgrounds and find out if they even have new ones, which of course they told the front desk agent that they've done this before).

knowing this, I still wanted to be safe and come with my own just in case (yes, I know I am neurotic).

Butchiem1
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
What about the cookware in the cabins? Will you bring your own? For years I used special cookware just for my dd to make sure there was no cross contamination.

I always bring paper plates, bowls, and plastic silverware. this time im bringing my own spatula, tongs, and brush.

hoop de do
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Glad your concerns were taken care of. Have a great vacation. :thumbsup::thumbsup: