PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Questions

Maleficent's Dad
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
We've never been to the Candlelight Processional before... So a few questions:

1. Should we do the meal package? (Not concerned about the cost - just wondering if that makes it easier to "get in" and get decent seats.)

2. If "Yes" to #1, then: We're "early birds," and not night owls by any means. Is lunch the better option for us with the 5 PM show, or are the later shows better?

3. Is it an appropriate show for children (ages 6, 8, and 11)? The kids are (usually) well mannered - they ARE kids, however. And while they're used to things like church and school, they do get, shall we say, fidgety when bored...

Thanks for your help! :mickey:

Jeff
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
1. We usually do the meal pakage and, although you still have to be there early, at least 45 minutes before, it is easier to get a seat with the package. If you are not there early enough even with the package you will not get a good seat.
2. We have done both early and later shows. The only thing we found different is the visual atmosphere seemed better when it was darker.
3. If your kids are used to sitting in church the show will be fine for them.

Enjoy the show.
We will be seeing it Christmas Day!:mickey:

RockChalkKimball
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I would recommend getting the dinner package, if I went again. We have only been once and got in the "stand-by" line about an hour before show time. We only had about 50 people in front of us and we were seated really far back. I took my DD but she was about 15. However, I think younger children would enjoy it. The trumpeters are fun to watch. There is singing and speaking, so I keeps things moving. And, when we went there was someone signing, so that is always fascinating to me. We will miss it this year, as we are getting in the day after the last show:( It is a fabulous show... enjoy!!

DDuck66
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I would definately get the dinner package. We went last year and got great seats, but we were there about an hour before the show in the dinner package line. The show is excellent!!! We had Gary Sinise and he was fantastic.

Pirate Granny
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
We had the dinner package twice, and stood in line the other time...dinner package hands down. We stood in line for over an hour and didn't get into the first show...weren't interested in standing any more, so we went and sat down by the outside tables in front of the American Restaurant...since we had seen it before, it didn't matter, we just wanted to hear the music...we had Gary Sinise and he was wonderful...the other two didn't impress us at all...have a great time...just remember that you must eat before the show you want to attend...so allow enough time, get to your reservation early. :pirate:

TiggerRPh
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I would for sure do the Dinner Package. I have seen some people have to wait through a show because they didn't get there early enough.

If you want to do the 5 PM show, you'll have to do lunch...it probably will be the only option. Even with the 6:45 PM show you'll have to eat by 4 PM I believe.

Personally, I prefer the atmosphere better when it's dark.

Your kids should be fine.

Camping Mom
06-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Ditto on what everyone else is saying. The dinner package may not seem like a good deal, but it is. You DO have to stand in line for 45 minutes to an hour, but the stand by can be SOO much longer. We have sat in the middle both times. If it were a narrator I wanted to see but not necessarily sit through, I would just stand in the back long enough to hear and get a picture. If you are really interested, you need to do it. Your kids should do great.

awaggett
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Another yay for the dinner package. We did it last year and it was a great deal. After all the dinner package folks got in, not many others got into the theater.

It was a good deal for the money and a great experience.

mickey-mouse35
06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
:ditto: to all above posters. I highly recommend dinner package--we did it at Le Cellier several years back when you could eat after the show. We did the 5 pm show and thought it was beautiful--I think we got in line about 20-30 minutes prior and had great seats. I even bought the soundtrack of the story--love the trumpets!!! I think your kids will love it, too. Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

garymacd
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
We have done it both with and without dinner. I prefer with dinner. We get to eat and not stand in line for an hour.

Your kids will love it. Our kids weren't quite that young when we first went. They actually said, "Okay, let's humour Dad," but they thought it was fantastic and sat enthralled by the orchestra and choirs...oh yeah, the herald trumpets and crash cymbals were awesome.

We have seen Marlee Matlin twice. The woman signing parts of the presentation was incredible!

Lizzie
06-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I would do a meal package. And if your kids sit through church they should be fine. I usually get bored at the church programs for Easter and Christmas and I loved it. It was very moving.