PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Evening EMH Strategy?

Goes4FastPass
06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
We will at EPCOT and staying for evening EMH this Thursday :yay: .

The last time we were at EP/EMH Soarin' and TestTrack we're both long, long, lines with FastPass machines closed for the day.

Question: If we get FastPasses with return times earlier that same day (knowing we have to wait for the first FastPass return time to get the second 'set') can we hang on to those FastPasses and use them during evening EMH?

In our recent experiences, while general crowds were less during evening EMH, lines at super headliners were longer than prime time on the same day. It seems to us, as other parks close for the day, resort guests with 'hopping' all concentrate at the EMH park.

PS-Question: Are FastPass distribution machines ever open during evening EMH at any park?

pook@wdw
06-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't speak for others, but , as a rule, we don't attend parks w/EMH scheduled. For just the reason you've stated. We do, however, like to do EPCOT @ night just to stroll around WS and enjoy the sights, sounds, fragrances, and tastes. A wonderful way to wind down our day!:cloud9:

MOJoe
06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Word is lately - the last few weeks, CM's have become much more strict about FastPass return times. If you have a FastPass that has expired over a couple of hours, you may be denied using it. Perhaps this new enforcement is due to larger summer crowds, but in any case, you better not count on trying to slide in line at Soarin' with an expired FastPass.

Jared
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I attended evening Extra Magic Hours at Disney-MGM Studios two weeks ago, and FASTPASS was available at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. When the park officially closed at 10 p.m., the kiosks were uncovered and the return time reset, starting at 10:15-11:15.

I'm not sure if Epcot uses the same policy now. When my brother and I were at Extra Magic Hours, FASTPASS was unavailable for Soarin', and the line was too long.

MagicKingdom12
06-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I think I know the answer to this, but I just want some verfication. When it is EMH at Epcot what is open? Are the shops in World Showcase open, do they do the fireworks any different as far as times go? Does the Rose & Crown stay open :beer:;)?

emmingo
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
We found that the EMH lines weren't so bad for Soarin' and Test Track if you waited a little while after the EMH started (when they are in the PM). Everyone races for Soarin right away at the start of EMH. We held off until 10:30/11 (shopping, eating in some of the countries), and were able to get on Soarin in 15 mins. :razz:

I dont think the Fastpass lines stay open for EMH...