PDA

View Full Version : Fire at Disney Quest

Nate's Grandpa
06-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I just read on another reliable Disney website that is a fire at Disney Quest. Several stores in the area have been closed.

There is a picuture showing smoke coming out of Disney Quest. The website showing this information has been extremely reliable in the past .

SBETigg
06-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh my! I hope no one was hurt.

richardsa98
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
WOW! That looks terrible... I am interested to see how bad it was! I will be there in 13 days!

TheRustyScupper
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
bummer

aprilisis
06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I e-mailed one of the news channels in Orlando & received this response:
As far as we understand, per Disney & Reedy Creek Fire Department, there was a parking lot paving maching that caught fire earlier this afternoon and was smoking for a few minutes before the FD arrived. However, none of the surrounding buildings was effected.

SBETigg
06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Not to worry-- it was apparently a car fire in the parking lot and not an actual problem with any of the structures at Downtown Disney. Everything is back open to normal operations by this point. (and apparently April was posting at the same time that it was a paving machine).

TheAdventurer
06-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I just checked at {another site}, and the updated story is that it was a car fire in the parking lot, rather than at Disney Quest, and everything is back to normal.

Good to hear.

Figment!
06-04-2007, 11:16 PM
As far as we understand, per Disney & Reedy Creek Fire Department, there was a parking lot paving machine that caught fire earlier this afternoon and was smoking for a few minutes before the FD arrived. However, none of the surrounding buildings was effected.

This account has been further verified by independent photographs of the scene.

MinnieMommie
06-06-2007, 05:57 AM

Thank you April. I'm glad that no one was hurt!:mickey:

Marker
06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
You've got to love the progression of rumors.

A small fire in the parking lot turns into a fire at Disney Quest and several stores closed.

Oh yeah, gotta love rumors.

kakn7294
06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually, from what I read, although the fire was in the parking lot and damage was contained to the vehicle involved, there was a great deal of thick smoke and several shops at DTD on the West Side were temporarily closed due to the smoke, not any threat from the fire itself.

PirateLover
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM

A small fire in the parking lot turns into a fire at Disney Quest and several stores closed.

Did you see any of the pictures from the incident? It looked like a bomb went off in DTD. Smoke can cause a lot of damage. I don't doubt that some stores had to be temporarily closed.

DREAMADREAM93
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM

oh so true :]

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 04:08 PM
We were right there when it happened. It was an asphalt truck that started on fire. You could hear explosions coming from within the truck. The truck was located by Cirque and DisneyQuest. Quite a bit of black smoke was rising out of the truck and the wind was blowing it over the lake. They put it out pretty quick. No stores were closed due to this incident that we were aware of. We went to DQuest that day - no problems whatsoever.

Donald Duck 224
06-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I hope everyone is okay. Also, Nate's grandpa, can you pm the website i want to see the story.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. Well except for the owner of the truck.