PDA

View Full Version : The Official 10th Anniversary Itinerary

ElenitaB
06-04-2007, 01:23 PM
After long last, here's some info that you have been waiting for patiently (or impatiently :wait: ) — the itinerary for the Intercot Tenth Anniversary Celebration. Without further ado:

Friday, October 12 — Magic Kingdom
09:30 am — We meet up outside Casey's for an informal morning meet
09:45 am — MK Scavenger Hunt (hosted by DLPMikki and Piglet822)
10:00 am — Informal VMK Quest get-together
03:00 pm — Informal Get-Together at the Poly's Tambu Lounge
07:00 pm — MNSSHP Begins and so does our Official 10th Anniversary Festivities
07:15 pm — We meet in the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace's seating area (Hosted by PolyGirl40, ChipnDaleGal, Melanears, MNNHFLTX)
07:30 pm — Ride-throughs of iasw and the Laugh Floor (among other attractions)
09:00 pm — Meet in the Rose Garden for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks
Around 10:30 pm — Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade / meet along parade route in Frontierland (exact time to be announced when the schedule is announced)

Saturday, October 13 — Epcot
09:30 am — Meet up outside the Land pavillion and grab fast passes for Soarin' (hosted by Beast_Fanatic and Hammer. We'll be heading to The Seas from there, and then back to The Land)
09:45 am — Epcot Scavenger Hunt (hosted by DLPMikki and Piglet822)
Rest of morning: group ride-throughs of Nemo, Turtle Talk, Soarin', etc.
11:00 am — Meet up outside Mexico and group ride-through of the new Grand Fiesta Tour (hosted by PolyGirl40 and Melanears)
02:00 pm — Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian (hosted by Hammer)
08:00 pm — Meet and greet at the IllumiNations Viewing Party / Isle de France (hosted by ElenitaB, Emily and WDWacky) *Note that this is a hard-ticketed event (JohnY will announce details in the next few weeks)
09:30 pm — Distribution of crossword puzzle to be turned in at AK on Sunday (hosted by DLPMikki and Piglet822)
09:45 pm (approx) — Meet at Jellyrolls to continue the festivities

Sunday, October 14 — Animal Kingdom
09:10 am — Meet "across the street" from the Fast Pass area for an early morning ride on Expedition:Everest (hosted by ElenitaB and Piglet822) and crosswords to be turned in
First show of Nemo (meet outside the queue area an hour prior to show as Disney advises / time to be announced)
Before lunch, get fast passes for the Safari
Lunch at the Yak & Yeti (if it's open by then; if not, Flame Tree Barbecue will be our back-up)
After lunch, the Safari and visit other attractions

If people want to meet up earlier in the week, feel free to do so!

disneydeb
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
:thumbsup: Wow ! Sounds like I'll need rollerskates to keep up! I'm looking forward to all the fun! Iguess I need to look into making ressies for Tea at the Grand Flo. I've never done that! Do I have to extend my pinky? :D

I want to add a great big thank you to our wonderful Moderators who are making this meet so much fun!

ElenitaB
06-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually no need to make reservations as we've already made some for the Tea. Please let Christine (Hammer) know that you'd like to attend and how many people are in your party. We'll all be paying for our own consumption but we can certainly handle the ADR part of it. ;)

alpro2
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Sounds great, thanks Ellen! I hate to wish the summer away, but is it October yet? :thumbsup:

MsMin
06-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Looks great, thanks for your hard work and planning, I can't wait to get there....:minnie:

Dsnygirl
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Sounds great, thanks Ellen! I hate to wish the summer away, but is it October yet? :thumbsup:

:ditto: Thanks so much, Ellen, for all your hard work & planning!! I can't wait to meet you, and everyone else!! We'll probably miss a few things, but we'll make most and it sounds GREAT!! :minnie: :mickey3:

Not2Loud
06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
It is going to be a great time. I called my wife as soon as I saw this posting!

DisneyDudet
06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
We can make some of the stuff... MNSSHP and the Illuminations meet. Some of the other stuff we'll be doing our own thing and at different parks.

Can't wait to hear the details about the Illuminations party!

mrsgaribaldi
06-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks so much for all your hard work Ellen:mickey: I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone. I just hope DH and I can get up that early. In all our trips I don't think we've ever been in a park so early:blush: I can't wait for the Illuminations party:thumbsup: I'm always so jealous when I see that going on:secret:

Katzateer
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Sounds like fun!:thumbsup:Can't wait for the Illuminations party and the tea!:party:

lbfire
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I sounds like a lot of fun. I probably be working for most of it, I'll be in the middle of my Disney College Program.

TikiGoddess
07-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Do we have any details on the Illuminations meet and greet? I'm wondering if I can fit it into my budget...

TikiG

John
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
The Illuminations event will be ticketed. You'll pay for it in advance via paypal and will get a wristband when you arrive.

Right now it looks like it will be in the $40-50 range per person (park admission NOT included) and will include dessert foods and ICOT prizes to be given away.

I should have hard details and exact costs this week.

faline
07-02-2007, 04:59 AM
It's already on my schedule! :mickey:

Joanna
07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
We're planning to come too! Looking forward to meeting everyone.:D

DisneyDudet
07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
The Illuminations event will be ticketed. You'll pay for it in advance via paypal and will get a wristband when you arrive.

Right now it looks like it will be in the $40-50 range per person (park admission NOT included) and will include dessert foods and ICOT prizes to be given away.

Oh dear. I'm not so sure we can make an appearance. Thats quite expensive.

We'll hafta see what the trip budget entails.

Can't wait for official info. The approx price helps with the budget tho.. thanks!

TikiGoddess
07-03-2007, 06:12 AM

I'm with DisneyDudet... I can't afford going to both MNSSHP and the Illuminations event. That's a tough choice.

TikiG

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 03:10 PM

OK, Now I Have to figure out paypal!

Will there be birthday cake?:D

AND PRIZES!:woohoo::faint::D

Are we there yet?:mickey:

Carol
07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
It's already on my schedule! :mickey:Mine too. I wouldn't miss it, John.

MsMin
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm not doing the ddp this trip b/c of the extra events including F/W. It's about the same as a good meal only it's desert and friends.
So when you say desert is this like an "eclair affair" or cake?
Can we bring a tripod for the camera? I would love to get some great shots from there.
Hmmm. can one of us be in charge of intercot photos? Something we can put online and get copies? Our own photo pass so to speak but maybe included in the price b/c that could be complicated.
I want to go...:minnie:

Ian
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Mine too. I wouldn't miss it, John.Me neither. This was definitely the highlight of our last meet!

JPL
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Definately on my to do list :thumbsup:

But now let's get to the unofficial itinerary were the real fun happens ;)

John
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm not doing the ddp this trip b/c of the extra events including F/W. It's about the same as a good meal only it's desert and friends.
So when you say desert is this like an "eclair affair" or cake?
Can we bring a tripod for the camera? I would love to get some great shots from there.
Hmmm. can one of us be in charge of intercot photos? Something we can put online and get copies? Our own photo pass so to speak but maybe included in the price b/c that could be complicated.
I want to go...:minnie:

Funny you mention that - we have a new advertiser coming on board tomorrow & if things work out, I might ask him to attend some of the events and take pics.

Menu is to be decided but cakes, eclairs, cookies etc plus beverages. We'll do something nice.

DisneyDudet
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I hope that the price isn't too much. I told mom and dad about it, and they are disappointed, as we can't spend all that money on MNSSHP and the meet. I guess it will just me be me...

Katzateer
07-10-2007, 07:20 AM
We will be out of town until the 22nd-so if you start signing up and paying for the Epcot event please include the 3 of us and I will take care of PayPal when we get home.

Sounds like a lot of fun-can't wait!!

Donalds Duckie
07-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Is it possible to attend the Sat. and Sun. meets only? I can fly out Friday night after work, which means I would miss all Friday events, and back home Sunday night. It sure would be great to meet y'all.

Beast_fanatic
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Is it possible to attend the Sat. and Sun. meets only? I can fly out Friday night after work, which means I would miss all Friday events, and back home Sunday night. It sure would be great to meet y'all.

Absolutely! You can attend as much or as little as you wish. We'd like to meet you too! :thumbsup:

Piglet822
07-16-2007, 12:46 AM

Count me in! :thumbsup:

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
It's starting to look more and more like I'll be able to make it. The only question is my work schedule (I work weekends, sadly.) I might not be able to be in for the entire event.

Just for my own planning's sake, is anyone planning on staying for some of the week after the meet or is everyone heading down before?

MsMin
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Just for my own planning's sake, is anyone planning on staying for some of the week after the meet or is everyone heading down before?
My girls and I are only staying that Monday after but I thought I saw several who are staying most of the next week. It's LSU's fall break that Thurs and Friday so it's easier for us to come before. Hope you can make it.

Joanna
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
We're headed down the 8th and our flight leaves early on the 15th.

Ian
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm only coming in for a long weekend ... I'm flying in the morning of the 12th and flying home the afternoon of the 15th.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
We're flying down on the 8th on the early morning flight and flying home the evening of the 17th :secret:

ElenitaB
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm only coming in for a long weekend ... I'm flying in the morning of the 12th and flying home the afternoon of the 15th.
Me too!

I had originally planned on going down on Thursday and I unfortunately have a big event to help manage for the firm (next year I take it over) on Thursday evening (I can't complain because my job is what pays for my Disney obsession :blush: ). So now I'm planning on being there from Friday through Monday.

Red Randal
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Do we have any additional details yet? Because I want to get around to booking everything ASAP.

Thanks!

disneydeb
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
We will be there Oct.9-15.

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Saturday, October 13 — Epcot
09:45 pm (approx) — Meet at Jellyrolls to continue the festivities

I was wondering for all those under 21 what do they do? When I tried to get in the club with my parents they still would let me in, and we have tried many many times. I have friends that are going with me that are under 21. Can we move the event to a all age area?

[QUOTE=John;1340812]
[QUOTE]

There is no way we can pay that much for to just watch fireworks that are to free to begin with, why is it this much? Is that Disney's asking price?

John
08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I was wondering for all those under 21 what do they do? Can we move the event to a all age area?

Sorry no - but maybe you can organize an unofficial under 21 meet at the time - and see if there is interest?

[B]There is no way we can pay that much for to just watch fireworks that are to free to begin with, why is it this much? Is that Disney's asking price?

We like to do something extra special - and a private viewing down on the water, catered with desserts and about 100 of your buddies from the site is a good time in my book.

Disney charges for the use of the space, the food and for their employees that staff the space. Try and rent any place in the parks and see how much it costs.

Bottom line is we'll get the price to the best we can, but when we did this 5 years ago, it ran around $50 a person - and not one person complained about spending the money afterwards. If you don't want to or can't afford to spend the money, thats cool. We'll understand. There are plenty of free events over the three days. I also subsidised some of the cost in the past to get things down to a reasonable level.

We'll see how it goes this time. Exact pricing will be announced in the next few weeks along with a paypal sign up.

Chescat
08-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Well one thing on your list can be dropped. Since VMK booth closes on Sep 30th, there's no need to visit that now. :(

Jared
08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=GiltterDisneyGirl;1382585]I was wondering for all those under 21 what do they do? When I tried to get in the club with my parents they still would let me in, and we have tried many many times. I have friends that are going with me that are under 21. Can we move the event to a all age area?

I'm under 21 and will probably be looking for something to do that night. I know there are others coming under 21, too.

Maybe you can put something else together.

John
08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I was thinking of drafting JPL to do a VMK after party for those under 21... maybe you can draft him into doing it ;)

Jared
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I was thinking of drafting JPL to do a VMK after party for those under 21... maybe you can draft him into doing it ;)
He owes me after never coming to our New York meets! We'll talk to him.

;)

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Sorry no - but maybe you can organize an unofficial under 21 meet at the time - and see if there is interest?

We like to do something extra special - and a private viewing down on the water, catered with desserts and about 100 of your buddies from the site is a good time in my book.

Bottom line is we'll get the price to the best we can, but when we did this 5 years ago, it ran around $50 a person - and not one person complained about spending the money afterwards. If you don't want to or can't afford to spend the money, thats cool. We'll understand. There are plenty of free events over the three days. I also subsidised some of the cost in the past to get things down to a reasonable level.

I would love to organize an under 21 meet! :)

I know it's all great to have a private viewing, and it would be great if I can join you all. But we just don't have the money to pay for hotel + food + Air + MNSSHP + so on. Sorry. :(

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-11-2007, 12:56 AM

Umm, didn't you just ask me to plan it?

Jared
08-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Umm, didn't you just ask me to plan it?
You're on it.

Red Randal
08-11-2007, 11:21 AM
While we're at it, a few of us have been throwing around the idea of getting a 20-something group together for something over the weekend. Possibly a Jellyrolls after party. So if there's anyone lurking and interested, feel free to PM me or Greg. :beer:

grego77
08-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Along the same lines...we're still on for the POP party (since so many of us are staying at POP)...obviously not exclusive to POP guests, as I would never want to DISclude anyone...but yea you get what I'm saying!

It's looking like it will be Sat nite...after Jellyrolls. I was thinking about bringing some board games/card games (complete with prizes of course!)and playing outside at one of the pools...or possibly in the area with all the benches right before the big bridge. Of course, we could have beverages too!

I'd love more ideas, so PM me and let me know...I'll probably start a new thread to get a rough number of people interested within the next month or so, but please feel free to PM me or post here with other ideas (same goes for the Jellyrolls event prior).

Greg :)

BriarRose0708
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Along the same lines...we're still on for the POP party (since so many of us are staying at POP)...obviously not exclusive to POP guests, as I would never want to DISclude anyone...but yea you get what I'm saying!

It's looking like it will be Sat nite...after Jellyrolls. I was thinking about bringing some board games/card games (complete with prizes of course!)and playing outside at one of the pools...or possibly in the area with all the benches right before the big bridge. Of course, we could have beverages too!

I'd love more ideas, so PM me and let me know...I'll probably start a new thread to get a rough number of people interested within the next month or so, but please feel free to PM me or post here with other ideas (same goes for the Jellyrolls event prior).

Greg :)

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

grego77
08-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

...No prob! 2 months!! WOOO! :party:

MrPeetrie
08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't believe we're going to miss this. We're arriving 10/16. Darn! It sounds like fun!