PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, or POR

browneyedgirl12
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
We are planning on going on a long trip sometime soon and have narrowed are resorts down to 3. Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and Port Orleans Riverside. Which of these would you think would bbest accomodate 5 people all over the age of 10??? Thanks in advance for any info you might have or any experiences at any of these resorts :mickey:

ibrowse17
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Not sure how long your trip will be, or how you might plan to stay at Ft. Wilderness. If you plan on camping, then FtW is the choice for you. You could not beat the price, ability to stay in one site rather than needing two rooms(maybe not a need), or the things to do at the campground. On the other hand, the cabins would cost you more a night than either WL or POR. If camping in not an option, pick the WL. It is a delux, but not as much a night as the others. For the slight increase between the WL and POR, you get a delux right next to the MK. Either way, have a great trip:thumbsup:

Grace
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
:mickey: If you have 5 people, all over the age of 10, POR may not be the right choice. The trundle beds are large enough for a child or very small adult. On the other hand, we prefer POR to WL due to the peaceful atmosphere and the river boats to DTD. POR also has great nighttime entertainment - Bob the Piano man. Or you can walk down to the French Quarter for some jazz music.

scootch713
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Why not the contemporary wing room....about the same price as WL, but a full size day bed and HUGE room. just my opinion.

pox24
06-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Wilderness Lodge:thumbsup:

January-2007
06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I would choose the Fort Wilderness Cabins because of the extra space and the lovely atmosphere. All three are on my list to try someday though, so I don't think you could go wrong choosing any of them.

TammiMcMan
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
For an extended trip, definitely the Fort Wilderness Cabins. My family has really enjoyed our stays there and I like that it's not "roughing it" at all. You have the 2 full rooms, a complete kitchen and daily maid service. The drawback is that there are no fancy slides or water features in the pools. Aside from that though, there's bike riding, campfires, fishing, the beach, canoes and so much more.

CU Tiger
06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
For the past four years, the six of us (4 adults, 2 kids) have stayed at the FW cabins. You can’t beat the atmosphere, full kitchen and dinning area, nice deck to chill on:cloud9:, a grill to cook out, and a lot to do in FW. We feel this is the best value at DW!!:thumbsup::mickey:

iceicebritney
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
wilderness lodge. fun resort. great restaurants. great pool. huge lake with water sports right there (verses port orleans small lake). and you can still enjoy the benefits of fort wilderness while staying there. rent bikes and go over to FW for the day. roller blade to the campfire and watch a movie, or have dinner at hoop de doo. but the lodge is something everyone should experience. the hidden fireplaces in the lobby are great to lay infront of and unwind after a long day in the parks. roaring fork is a great dinner expereience (ask for the ketchup a lot!) and you can watch the electrical water pagent on the beach at nite. my vote goes for WL all the way!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mrs.Mya
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I would most definitely say FW Cabins. It would fit 5 very, very comfortably. No usual noises from people in other rooms because you are somewhat secluded in your own little cabin. Lotsa space, great kitchen, nice size deck, great atmosphere. Hope you have a great time !! ;)

princessesmom
06-08-2007, 12:31 PM
If you want to stay at WL, you will need two rooms or a villa, both options much more expensive than a cabin at FW. I'm not sure about POR, they offer a daybed which can accommodate a child in some of the rooms. Depending on how big the 10 year old that may or may not work.

We are a family of 6 and stay at the FW cabins. We find it much more comfortable than staying in a "hotel".

browneyedgirl12
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your advice we chose the WL villas because we have stayed at POR and FW cabins before. So now we will have a new adventure to set out on when we arrive. Thanks again :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your advice we chose the WL villas because we have stayed at POR and FW cabins before. So now we will have a new adventure to set out on when we arrive. Thanks again :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:Okay, I didn't realize that was an option you were looking into. When you said WL, I just thought the lodge itself and for 5 people, you'd have to book either 2 rooms or a junior suite. A 2 bedroom villa will accomodate 5 as well and is definitely going to offer you lots more comfort and space.

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I just stayed at Wilderness Lodge and loved it.... The room sleeps 4, unless you have someone sleep on an inflatable mattress which will be provided to you by housekeeping...

slegrant
06-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Fort Wilderness cabins would be my first choice, my wife and I have 3 kids and found that the cabins gave us the most room and a kitchen. Wilderness Lodge would be my second choice. I prefer these resorts because they are part of the Magic Kingdom resorts and we love taking the boats from either to the Magic Kingdom. The atmosphere at both Fort Wilderness and WL are very relaxing. We have since bought a Rv, so we now stay at Fort Wilderness most often.:chip::dale:

6/21/07-7/9/07 Fort Wilderness Can't wait

TiggerRPh
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
With a party of 5 and none in a crib...WL is out, they only accommodate 4 guests. If you want POR, you're going to have to insist on Alligator Bayou since those rooms have trundle beds for the 5th person. The FW cabins might be your best bet and have the most room available.

Sneaky Pete
06-10-2007, 09:21 PM
our family's 1st choice. However, with a family of 5 you will have to book a deluxe or suite (both pricey) or 2 rooms. For that reason, we are staying at FW in October so we can try out a cabin for our family of 6. We also picked FW over POR because we wanted to be able to use the boat for quicker access to and from MK.

If price is a factor, POR is your best choice but the room will be tight with 5 over 10.