PDA

View Full Version : Engraved Name Tags?

Goes4FastPass
06-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Engraved Name Tags?

I understand WDW has discontinued most engraved name tags like 'Guest of Honor' tags but I think they still sell (and engrave) princess name tags and today I saw a red engravable name tag with 2007 artwork on it on EBay so I assume it's available now.

My question is (1) do they still sell these at Celebrity 5 and 10 at MGM? Wasn't there a location near the main entrance to MK where they did - still do? What is it called and where is it?

I need a name tag for my niece! "You and Auntie have a name tag! I want one too!"

Thanks, you're swell!

3 days 'til we're sleeping at the BW...

Mickey91
06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
When we were there in Dec '06 we found them at the jewelry/pin shop on Main Street USA. The engraver was down and we were told the only other place that did engraving was in DTD. So, I would assume you can find them somewhere at DTD also.

AFDisneyFam
06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
They sell the engravable name tags at the Christmas store in DTD. If you go all the way to the back where they do the Mickey ears and other embroidery items, there is a spinning rack full of choices. The name engraved is included in the price of the tags. HTH

DDuck66
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
We love ours that we got a few years ago. It is great to wear them to the Parks and have all of the CM's call you by name.
I think I also saw them at MGM at one of the stores along the main drive.

Goes4FastPass
06-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Here was the story as of this past weekend:

We found red name tags with the 2007 "logo" on them several places including the mercantile at Wilderness Lodge. The trick was getting them engraved.

There are three places at WDW where badges can be engraved at no cost:
Celebrity 5 & 10 at MGM
Uptown (name) Jewelers at MK and
Disney Days of Christmas at DTD
These places are listed on the back of the hang tag that the engravable name badge comes in.

(The badges has components to make it a name tag, key ring or refridge magnet - they currently cost $6 each)

Now here's the complicated part: We saw the badges at Celebrity 5 & 10 and took them to the cashier. "Our engraving machine is down." We still bought the badges and I was glad we did because we took them to Uptown Jewelers at MK a few days later and yes, their machine was available - but they were sold out of badges ( ! ) so between purchasing the badges at MGM and getting them engraved at Mk we ended up with engraved badges (whew!).

TIdoubleGR
06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
(The badges has components to make it a name tag, key ring or refridge magnet - they currently cost $6 each)

That's sweet! I had no idea they could convert to other items...I'll have to look into these next week!:thumbsup:

disneyfankev
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
thanks good to know

doombuggy
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, buy the badges when you see them and then get them engraved (at a later date if necessary). Bring the tag with your receipt to any of the engraving machines and you can get them engraved, usually on the spot.

AFDisneyfam gave grat directions to get to the engraving machine at Disney's Days of Christmas in DTD.....

:mickey: