PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #47

King Triton
06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
90+ of these questions are "onsite"; this one isn't. I realize many (most) of you haven't stayed at either of these places, but you've certainly seen both riding into WDW from the airport.

Which would you stay at: Gaylord Palms or Marriott World Center?

Y100Q48 will be in dining, most likely Tuesday.

The review of questions 31-40 will be in the next couple of days.

Tynkerbelle
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I've never stayed at either. I've seen the Gaylord Palms and it looks nice enough, but I voted for Marriott - I've never had a bad experience at a Marriott.

avantgardeinker
06-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I have no clue!!!

185 more days!!
:mickey:

darthmacho
06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I have no clue!!!

185 more days!!

Me neither! About 330+ days! :mickey:

bleukarma
06-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I’ve never stayed at the Marriot World Center but I hear it’s NICE. I’ve never stayed at Gaylord Palms either but I’ve been there for their annual walk-thru Ice Sculptor rooms exhibit. The hotel has a lot of character and the hotel itself is kind of like it’s own destination. I would absolutely chose Gaylord Palms over the World Center. Even though I have never stayed at the World Center, it doesn’t seem like it would have the charm as Gaylord. We spent most of the day walking through the different area’s of the hotel and I doubt you could do that at the World Center (although I could be wrong).

Mickey91
06-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, I chose Gaylord Palms because it sounds like an awesome vacation destination. If it was somewhere other than near Disney World, I might actually try it!:mickey: Can't seem to get off site when at The World!:D

DisneyGiant
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I picked the Marriott cause I have a points card.

KAT1811
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
I picked Marriott World Center. We are also Marriott rewards people (DH has traveled quite often and for long periods of time for business so we have a ton of points and could always use more.) I figure staying there we'll get more for our money by adding to our points.

This was a hard one because I have no desire to stay outside of Walt Disney World ever. We have friends that have a condo just outside of Disney and they have offered it to us just about every year we go but I just can't bring myself to tear us away from the magic not even for a free stay. Part of the magic of Disney, for us, is that it never ends. I feel that if I have to leave the property to sleep then I'm leaving some of the magic behind.

Everyone other than my fellow Disney lovers on Intercot would find that crazy but I'm sure that there are a ton of you that understand completely!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I have never stayed at either (and now am an on-site girl), but a collegue stayed at Gaylord for a conference, and really enjoyed her stay, so I'll go with that recommendation. :thumbsup:

Deesdisney
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM
The first time we went to DWD we stayed at the Marriot because we went with family and could not get res inside DWD. It is a great place to stay. Alot of fun for kids and parents. The kids spent alot of time at the pools when we were not at the parks. But not the same as staying on grounds.

tink2006
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
We have never stayed at either. I voted for Gaylord Palms. I do not know why other than it has Palm in the name and it reminds me of tropical palm trees :D
We have never stayed off property and probably will never stay off property - we do not want to give up even 1 minute of the magic :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I have no clue!!!

185 more days!!

same here, so i didnt vote! i think its like 102 days :mickey:

MsMin
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I drive so I don't know either of these :( I did stay at the doubletree suites once and they had great cookies ;) I vote for them...
Which one is closer? has better transportation to the park or has warm cookies?

Spaceship Tigger
06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I know the Gaylord Palms is similar to the Gaylord Opryland (which I love), so I voted for the Palms.

future_imagineer
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd say the Gaylord Palms (although it is a bit too expensive to be off-site), as I've stayed at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine (D/FW metroplex), and it was incredible.

WDWfeelslikehome
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Never stayed at either, probably never will, but I like Marriotts in general.

GrmGrninGost
06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Who cares? I'm an on-site type of guy!:mickey:
100 days!

BritCody
06-05-2007, 07:30 AM
We only stay on Disney Property, so I went with Marriott just because of reputation.

princessjojo
06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I voted Marriott. I love their beds, especially the ones with the down. I could stay there all day.:sheep:

Jen66
06-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Although I really like Marriott's and stay in them a lot, I voted for the Gaylord Palms. I have stayed a few times at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, and it is a beautiful hotel.

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and stay onsite! LOL
:goofy: