PDA

View Full Version : New recorded spiel on bus transportation

TexasPrincessAurora
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Noticed today, first day of our trip, that the SSR buses are using recorded spiels on the buses. Different but actually kind of nice...much easier to understand and hear where you are headed and which stop you are at. The music they play while on board is nice too. Does anyone know when they started this? It wasn't being used in April, at least not on AKL buses. And is it now being used on all buses?

JPL
06-04-2007, 12:29 AM
They are phasing it in on all buses I'm sure some still haven't been upgraded yet but I would expect to be done soon. :thumbsup:

dixielandings
06-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Had it on our POR buses last week. LOVED it! The music and sound effects were cool for atmosphere and the announcements were much easier to understand! :thumbsup: Looking forward to all buses having them!

Dr_Nigel_C
06-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Is the spiel being broadcast on the trip home from the theme parks back to the resort? If so, I would think that could be highly annoying.

At the end of the day, between sleepy kids and cranky, wound-up kids, I could see this being potentially overwhelming and just too noisy.

Figment!
06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Does anyone know when they started this? It wasn't being used in April, at least not on AKL buses. And is it now being used on all buses?From Tidbits June 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106286)
Better Busses

6/2/07 The new on-board audio system is reportedly now operational on buses on all 4 theme park loops. The buses were reportedly upgraded between Mid-May and June 1, 2007. The upgrades were reportedly installed in the following order: Epcot loop, Magic Kingdom loop, Disney-MGM Studios loop, Animal Kingdom loop.

5/10/07 The planned on-board spiels and music have started to become operational on the Walt Disney World bus system. Buses traveling to and from Downtown Disney currently feature the new audio system. Buses traveling to and from Epcot are scheduled to receive the new audio system next, with the whole fleet tentatively scheduled to be upgraded over the next month. Guests who have experienced the new audio system have described it as having informative spiels and music themed to each stop.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Is the spiel being broadcast on the trip home from the theme parks back to the resort? If so, I would think that could be highly annoying.

At the end of the day, between sleepy kids and cranky, wound-up kids, I could see this being potentially overwhelming and just too noisy.

Actually the music was much more subdued at the end of the day. The annoucements of which bus stop you were approaching were at the same volume, so you would know where to leave the bus.

Mickey91
06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Sounds fun! Can't wait to experience it!:mickey:

Jared
06-04-2007, 10:03 AM
The recording at night was not intrusive. When I rode the bus from Epcot to the Disney-MGM Studios two weeks ago, there was a spiel but no music.

I like the changes to the buses, probably the worst mode of transportation in Walt Disney World.