PDA

View Full Version : solid gold passes

mel
06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
When Disneyland opened did they hand out a few solid gold passes, good for unlimited admission ? Did disneyworld hand out passes when it opened??

PirateLover
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't know anything about a golden pass, but I know a friend of a friend who claims her family bought lifetime passes back in the early 80s... but when I asked about it on Intercot before nobody knew anything about a program like that.

bleukarma
06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
I have a friend that claims he had one from his grandma, who was some type of corporate manager for Disney. He said he lost his wallet with it in it. While I doubt the validity of my friend actually having one (he’s the type of person that would say he has one but really doesn’t) I don’t doubt they are around. As for Disney handing them out when WDW opened, I don’t know. I think they are more of something that higher corporate people and their family would own.

Disney_Barbie
06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I know a friend of a friend who claims her family bought lifetime passes back in the early 80s...

Same Here. I have a very reputable Friend (she's like a second mom to me!) Who's nephews/nieces have lifetime passes. I think they lived in FL and were already HUDGE Disney Land fans when WDW opened so they bought all the kids lifetime passes (and I guess spent an arm and a leg! But must have been well worth it, cause they're still using them on a VERY regular basis