PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust please - trip this week and i'm sick (i think)

disneyfamily05
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello Everyone - our trip is coming up at the end of this week and i think i have thrown myself into a panic. About three weeks ago i came down with severe ear/mild fever/throat pain - went to the dr where he said it was due to severe allergies and fluid being backed up into my ears - gave me an antibiotic and pills for the allergies (I already take a nasal spray) - said if it doesn't get better in 4 days come back. Took everything - things looked up then with 2 days left of antibiotic all of a sudden the ear discomfort/fever starts back up - several drs (kids dr, mine, and DH) said take a certain over the counter medicine to "thin out" the fluid and drink lots of liquids - so i think i have that under control - as it seems to feel better. Now all of a sudden i have a mild rash on both of my arms (started this morning suddenly worked its way down to the lower arms). I am now in panic - i have not been sick the last several months but suddenly this seems to be happening.

I certainly do not want to "infect" anyone else if i am truly sick but part of me is beginning to wonder if this rash part isn't somehow stress related. I have a lot of stuff going on at work that i need to take care of before i leave, today broke the news to my father that i was going to Disney with my mom & the kids (darling dad & mom are still bitter over a 15+ year ago divorce- never mind that he lives in FL and we will not be stopping by to see him), and that fact that i am ill has me quite upset and fearful the kids will get sick (they are both very prone to allergy illnesses even though they take preventive medicine).

I certainly intend to call the dr. tomorrow afternoon depending on what this rash looks like (i am hoping it will magically be gone?). So now i just need a lot of pixie dust thrown my way with some sort of calming agent mixed into it. Writing this alone seems to have helped a little - as i just needed to vent (to people who undertand) as everyone else seems to have the "oh don't worry you'll be fine" or they have "guess you're going to cancel your trip" - ahhh, and i am just clueless right now as to what to do.

thanks for letting me rant

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
It could definitely be a stress related rash. Sounds almost like hives. I'd get in to see the doctor sooner rather than later so that if meds are needed you can start right away and be better in time for your trip. Pixie dust for you feeling great quickly.

Disneyfun
06-03-2007, 10:07 PM
:medic::doctor::magic::pixie::pixie::wishes:

Hope you feel better. Just relax you'll be on :cloud9: in a week!

DizNee143
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
i hope you feel better!! pixie dust is on the way!!! please keep us updated on how your feeling!!! :mickey:

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Namine'
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope you feel Better! Rest,relax and drink plenty of fluids. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Powerful healthy :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way:mickey:

psychotekkie
06-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Use mind over body. Think positive relaxing thoughts. Picture yourself on a slow boat in the 7seas lagoon. (But not to the exclusion of a good decongestant)!

I live far north enough from FLA that my tree/pollen/grass allergies are not so bad when I get there, because it's different plants down there. I don't know where you live, but hopefully that will help.

And if it is due to allergies, and not a "bug" then at least it won't be contagious to your kids.

Also, you tried antibiotics, and that did not fix it, so probably not bacteria. And if it is a virus antibiotics are no good but viruses usually resolve after 2 weeks, so you've reached that point already. Hopefully some good allergy meds will fix it up.

One nasal spray (if you can get it) that seems to have worked miracles for some people is Chromolyn (contains sodium chromo-glycate). It takes a couple days to build up in your system, but once you get it going, it fixes the runny/stuffy nose as well as itchy eyes. Has even been used to treat asthma with some success.

Best of luck and get well soon!

disneyfamily05
06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Thank you everyone for all of your happy wishes! I have gone to the dr he says the rash is "nothing" serious probably an allergic reaction or it is due to stress - and definitely nothing contagious he says. So that is a relief. I am also taking DD to the dr today to make sure she is ok. Thanks again for all of your wishes! Guess where i will be tomorrow???? Thinking of all of you in our favorite place!

baby minnie's mommy
06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
:vacation: Hope your trip is nice and relaxing! Have a good time!!! :balloon: