PDA

View Full Version : POR Thoughts

Not2Loud
06-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, just got home last night from a short stay at POR. All in all, not a bad resort at all. The only things I didn't just love was all the walking to get from one spot to another. With that said, the exercise doesn't hurt me for sure.

The room seemed like a normal hotel, but dressed up better in regards to the overall look. The beds were comfortable, pillows were decent. Room was clean.

It would be nice if vending took the room key as payment for refreshments. I don't always have singles on me.

The pool was nice and fun. The playground by the main pool was fun for my DD4.

For the $128 per night (passholder rate), was better than the average Hampton Inn that charged the same. Having the food court is nice of course.

The boat ride to DTD was great. It was relaxing and fun just to ride for a bit. We saw the TreeTop Villas. Sure wish I could rent those!

So all in all, a pretty good stay. The staff up front was helpful when they delivered other people's luggage into my mother and sister's rooms. The server we had at the restaurant was lackluster at best, but everything can't be perfect every trip :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I liked that hotel as well. The theming was very cute. I'm glad you had a nice trip and it looks like you're lucky enough to have more planned!

Pirate Granny
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
What section were you staying in...the one's that look like Gone with the Wind or the Alligator Bayou...any preference or buildings that you like the best? This is one hotel we haven't stayed in yet...but hope to soon.

thanks for the report :pirate:

DawsonAR
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the trip report. We love POR. We would always stay there but my DD (8) is in a wheelchair and the walk to the food court and rain don't mix. However, we really have a great time with great service.

Not2Loud
06-03-2007, 09:35 PM
What section were you staying in...the one's that look like Gone with the Wind or the Alligator Bayou...any preference or buildings that you like the best? This is one hotel we haven't stayed in yet...but hope to soon.

thanks for the report :pirate:

I was in Alligator Bayou in building 25. I did like it, the theming was fun. The Gone With the Wind section looked better, but can't comment on the rooms.

It was fun; foodcourt was good as well. I liked using my mug. I must have filled in 15 times yesterday!

Would stay there again, but think we will try the French Quarter too!!

DawsonAR
06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the trip report. We love POR. We would always stay there but my DD (8) is in a wheelchair and the walk to the food court and rain don't mix. However, we really have a great time with great service.

garymacd
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I was in Alligator Bayou in building 25. I did like it, the theming was fun. The Gone With the Wind section looked better, but can't comment on the rooms.

It was fun; foodcourt was good as well. I liked using my mug. I must have filled in 15 times yesterday!

Would stay there again, but think we will try the French Quarter too!!

You will love FQ. Not nearly as much walking.