PDA

View Full Version : Angry at Beach Club!

disney323
06-03-2007, 10:35 AM
We were in WDW over Mother's Day weekend and I was craving a brownie sundae from Beach Club. So, we left the Boardwalk (where we were staying) and walked over. Once we got there we were shocked to see that there was no line on the "To Go" side. I walked in thinking how lucky I was to not have to wait! Well, once I got up to the counter I was told they don't make sundaes anymore! That you have to sit down and order one. Well, we weren't going to do that since we had a toddler w/us, not to mention there was a wait for that. I was mad because if I was the only one there, why not make it? I could see if someone was behind me or there was a wait, but no, it was just me! So, I had to vent to you all intercotees and ask your opinion of the new policy there.:(

DizneyRox
06-03-2007, 12:43 PM
If it were me, I'd probably sit down, order one, and then have them wrap it up. There's really no excuse for them to not make them to go, unless they just don't have the packaging for them anymore.

The cost cutting (if that's what is causing this and I suspect it is) seems to be out of control.

jacknsally02
06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I just came back from staying at Yacht club 5-19 to 5/23 and I got sundays to go each night at beaches and cream so I'm not sure why that happened to you. There was no Policy like tthat when I was there a few days later.

disney323
06-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Should have clarified.....they only do basic sundaes, like whipped cream, cherry, sprinkles...they don't do banana splits, brownie sundaes, or anything fancy. Those are $6-$8 sundaes so I think they're missing out!

Mickey91
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
That just makes no sense. How hard is it to throw in a brownie or banana before you put in the ice cream?! I would be mad too and I would be letting Disney guest services realize how much potential money they are losing in this new policy. They can't be saving more than they are losing on this!:mad:

minnie1956
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
If there was noone else in line, I doubt there is a great 'cry' to have the sundaes to go.
It could be a staffing issue, it could a number of things. Our Dairy Queen in town won't work the walk up window when they have a line out the door, you have to go inside. There could be a multitude of reasons. Perhaps the "walk up" traffic wasn't worth additional staffing.
We could try to guess all day, did they say why?
Even with a toddler, you could have gone inside. Disney World is for families after all.
Maybe next time you'll be able to enjoy one.
I've been chumped out of my ice cream sandwich the last 2 trips! :blush:

AnnetteFan
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
They probably just don't have the packaging to make it to go, sundaes probably aren't the easiest things to make to go.

If it's a policy they can't break it just for you. I'm sure there were a lot of people who ordered sundaes that would have rather had them to go. I'm sure they have people all day long who think they are an exception to rules and once you give in to one person you have to give in to them all.

grumpypima
06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
At the risk of getting blasted from devoted B&C lovers, I have to tell you how bad we were treated at Beaches & Cream. We stayed at YC last summer. DS-4 & I had an exceptionally bad experience, as well.

We requested and were seated at the bar. No one spoke to us, looked at us, or acknowledged our present for 15 minutes! I began to time it, after a little bit! They were not that busy and they had to walk right by us, we were at the counter. B&C was on the Travel Channel, many people love it, & rave about it, so we "hung in there" hoping....we wanted to love it. It looks so cool on the Travel Channel, heck B&C is half of the reason we booked YC. Maybe we expected too much? But then again..

Like I said, no spoke to us, looked at us, or acknowledged our present for 15 minutes, so I attempted to speak to someone, make eye contact with a server, and I even spoke with the host. No luck!!!! He did not seem to understand what my problem was. Unbelievable, right? That is what I thought! No one cared or even pretended to care. It was awful.

We left.... maybe they don't do counter/bar service either & no one let me know??? Can't believe it!!

disney323
06-06-2007, 09:23 PM
wow grumpypima!! I can't belive you were treated that way! That is unbelievable!

cindymouse6
06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I'll tell you, I am glad they will make only simple sundaes ---- I have stood in line to go for 30 minutes because of people getting complicated sundaes and it takes forever! I simply wanted to place a burger order since the CS was closed by the pool....

However, it would be nice to get it to go and not get a table which can take forever in that place.... love the food, atmosphere, but at a busy time, it gets crazy!

Sorry you couldn't get what you want... I have 3 toddlers and can understand not wanting to go inside, especially if their temperament isn't at peak at that moment! There is some organizational skill someone is lacking there to tap into that place's potential.... you should get anything on the menu --- maybe place your order, get a buzzer when it's ready --- I'd love that --- it's the standing in line while the guy in front gets 8 different sundaes and my toddlers are screaming!! At least they could walk around and be entertained "eating the sand" while we wait for our order to be prepared.... and not standing in line. I'm sure it's my type of experience that has caused such a policy... but they are missing out on $$$$$. I should run the place --- detail oriented people could fix it in no time!:marg:

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Yep, things can be pretty frustrating at times. But, nobody in line at Disney is a pretty good clue it isn't operating.

Disne's not stupid about making money. If there was a demand that met the costs of operation they'd do it. Sundaes take time to make and want to bet that people in line were upset about the length of time it took. Nobody keeps following a business model that isn't cost effective and/or upsets a significant number of customers. Disney will have analyzed that and will continue to do so.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I can't believe it takes that much longer to squirt different toppings on these sundaes.
Last time my nephew and I went there we did wait awhile to get our sundaes to go but it wasn't that bad.
Perhaps they should dedicate more people to take out orders if it's that busy. Maybe they figure that if people want a sundae bad enough, they'll settle for a plain basic sundae instead of taking the time to make one of the specialty ones. I'm sorry that happened to you.

disneymom2000
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
If it's a policy they can't break it just for you. I'm sure there were a lot of people who ordered sundaes that would have rather had them to go. I'm sure they have people all day long who think they are an exception to rules and once you give in to one person you have to give in to them all.

This is something that was just spoken of in another post. Policy is policy whether it is new or old. People just have a hard time conforming if the policy doesn't fit their actions.

PirateLover
06-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't think the OP is out of line here. She was expecting a service that was once available and no longer is. One of the things we all love about WDW is that sometimes they will go out of their way (and yes sometimes even against "policy") to make sure the guests are taken care of. Granted, this should not be expected but I can understand the frustration of th OP.