PDA

View Full Version : On a Rainy Day

mickeymousedabomb
06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
So we have an 11 day trip coming up in Nov. 2out of these days are non-park days, meant for fishing, bike riding, mini golfing, horseback riding, hanging out in resort day mostly. So my issue is what if it happens to rain on our parade? What is everyone's suggestions as a back up plan and why? Thanks for info ahead of time guys!

crazypoohbear
06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
IF it's just rain and no thunder and lightening. We have done the water parks in the rain, no one is there. It's great. And you are already wet!
You could do a movie at DTD, shop, Disney Quest.
Go to the board walk and watch a game at the ESPN club, (Go REDSOX) great wings and nacho's
If money permits take in the Cirque de solei show. (never been myself, money doesn't permit:()
Ride the monorail, check out the monorail resorts, have a drink at their bar

BronxTigger
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I would be flexible with your "off" days to re-arrange them if necessary based on weather reports.

Additionally, when it rains in Orlando, it is typically a short burst and then moves on its way. In my experience, it has been rare for it to rain all day. The only time it ever rained for an extended period of time in my 5 trips to WDW has been during a tropical storm, which is unlikely in November. Otherwise, the longest it has rained was for about 90 minutes at once, which was all it rained that day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Shop! Or if you have a car, take a ride up International Drive and look at the upside down building and go to the outlets. Or resort hop. Take a ride from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom and ride in the front.

GrmGrninGost
06-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Grab a poncho and hit the parks! Most people evidently melt at the slightest hint of rain, so the lines are usually very short on these days! Also, you don't have to worry about getting overheated! All in all, my favorite days at the parks are rainy days!:mickey:

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I see from your signature that you are staying at Pop Century. There is an excellent arcade at that resort, we have spent many hours there, DH especially likes it. Bring ponchos and have fun. Exploring other resorts is a good thing to do if you don't want to be outside on our no-park days.