PDA

View Full Version : More Efficient Soarin' Line??

jaredkari
06-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Another thread about wait times on attractions got me to thinking. I have never seen Soarin' have less than an hour wait time. The only time I rode it was when we went to early EMH and we were litterally the first people through the gates at Epcot and we had to run there to get in. By the time we got off the ride and came back the line was already really long.

Does anyone have any ideas of how they could make this ride more efficient and not such a long wait???

Personally, I have no clue but maybe somebody has a good idea??

DizneyRox
06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
It boils down to throughput... Soarin' has less throughput than it currently needs to keep the lines small.

It holds, 87 people per show. Each show is 4:41 and then give about a minute or two to unload, load. That's a throughput of about 1740 people per hour if you count both screens (and if my estimates are right).

What they could do, is shorten the ride when the new movies comes out, or add another screen which would add another 8-900 people per hour.

The queue has nothing to do with it, although I would really like them to do something about the traffic flow inside the land, but that's not going to help wait times on Soarin'.

EmiB
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
When I was there a few weeks ago they had refurbishment walls up, do you know if they are changing the queue?

StitchplusTink=STINK
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM
i would like a new queue. it is kinda boring. i know it is supposed to go with the ride but its all random facts about CA and alot of the younger kids make their parents wait back to see the awnsers, and if you try to ask them nicely to move up so you dont have to be there all day, they shoot you this dirty look and make sure they walk extra slow.( or at least this is my own personal expierience)also it would be nice if aded in this whole 1-2 wait thing.im sorta of tired of running to the land and getting a fastpass for 2-3 hours later!

Ayndi
06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
It boils down to throughput... Soarin' has less throughput than it currently needs to keep the lines small.

It holds, 87 people per show. Each show is 4:41 and then give about a minute or two to unload, load. That's a throughput of about 1740 people per hour if you count both screens (and if my estimates are right).

What they could do, is shorten the ride when the new movies comes out, or add another screen which would add another 8-900 people per hour.

The queue has nothing to do with it, although I would really like them to do something about the traffic flow inside the land, but that's not going to help wait times on Soarin'.

Traffic flow in the Land is horrid. They didn't do a lot of thinking when they redid that building.

Jared
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I saw contruction walls in the Soarin' queue two weeks ago and wondered why. We meant to ask someone but forgot.

Maybe Disney is adding a Singles line, which would be perfect for a ride like Soarin'. I'd support that idea.

Pop Centurion
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't think they should shorten the film. Another screen would definitely be a good idea though.

Mikey Piano 23
06-04-2007, 04:22 PM
They should add another screen thus doubling the amount of people that could at a time.

They should also stagger the showings of it if they add a screen. If the ride lasts 4 minutes have a whole new set of riders every 2 minutes. That would cut the wait time in half so more people could enjoy it! :thumbsup:

pook@wdw
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't think they should shorten the film. Another screen would definitely be a good idea though.

I'm sure they have the room. For such a wildly popular ride, this is a serious consideration!!:thumbsup: