PDA

View Full Version : Never done Jiko? You're missing out...

I take the Ferry
06-03-2007, 02:48 AM
The Wife and I just* got back from dinner at Jiko.

Wow.

We love Cali Grill and Artist Point, have done both several times. After tonight, we both agreed that Jiko was our new fav.

Yeah, even though it's not on top of a resort. Even though you can't watch Wishes! from your table. Even though there's no Coffee Two Ways. It's just THAT good.

We had:
Lamb Patis - our favorite of the night.
Kalamata Olive Flatbread - also incredible.
Marinated Ahi Tuna - not bad, sure there is something better though.
Oak Grilled Filet Mignon w/Mac n' Cheese - both got it, both loved it.
Pistachio Creme Brulee - fantastic.
Flourless Chocolate Cake w/Lavender Vanilla Ice Cream - great, not as great as Creme Brulee.

We had never gone to Jiko because we weren't sure if we would like it, plus AKL is always kinda out of the way for us.

Trust us, it's worth the short trip.

Slater,
I Take The Ferry!

* - "just" isn't all that accurate. See, it's 2:45am, and I'm still awake. Why? Because I had 5 glasses of Jiko's Pear Iced Green Tea. It was great, and it was caffeinated. I wonder how much longer I'll be up.

MinnieMommie
06-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the great review! Sounds as if you had an incredible meal. I hope you get some sleep too!:mickey:

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Sounds like a great dinner! :tasty: I think Jiko's now is on our list of "must try's."

Melanie
06-03-2007, 05:09 AM
Although my husband didn't enjoy it quite as much as myself, I thought Jiko was wonderful. Glad you had such a nice meal!