PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Mexico

locutus
06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I just read that they are changing the mexico boat ride in Epcot to include Donald and the 2 other birds from the "3 Caballeros". Does anyone know why they are doing this. I thought that boat ride was very relaxing and enjoyable. Doing this they are going to ruin it.

Melanie
06-03-2007, 01:12 AM
The rehab is already complete and the ride has been open to the public for a couple of months now.

You may want to visit this page (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/epcot/worldshowcase/mexico/default.asp) for more information on the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros.

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but am looking forward to experiencing it. I definitely thought the attraction could use some freshening up.

I know others will be along with reviews. I've seen both good and bad ones.

WDWdreamer87
06-03-2007, 01:35 AM
El Tiempo is a must ride each time we visit Epcot, only because it's a Disney original, and it is just so relaxing and entertaining.

Having the 3 Cabrellos entwined seems harmless, but I'd rather see original stuff.

Hopefully it doesn't harm the Disney charm as does the New Tiki Room with Iago and Zazu.
(according to many people...I can't say.)

dumbo ears
06-03-2007, 02:03 AM
its has already been changed and i don't know the real reason but i think the old ride was just outdated. also I think the reason for adding donald and the other 2 characters is because they are trying to get more characters into epcot.

tink'72
06-03-2007, 08:27 AM
We just got back from Disney and had a chance to ride the new 3 Caballeros ride in Mexico. It's just as relaxing, it's basically the same boat ride. The difference is instead of all the Mexican movie clips you now have 3 Caballeros movie clips. The childeren singing are the same. You now see Donald Duck seeing with the kids.

Truthfully I was surprised, with all the hype and all for this ride , that not much had changed.

However, it will still be a must ride each and every time we go to Epcot!

dizneyfreek
06-03-2007, 08:43 AM
We just returned from our vacation and we still loved this ride! I was nervous because so many people on this board had negative things to say about it. I actually thought it is better than before!!!

DisneyDude1977
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I look forward to trying the newly changed attraction on my next visit. I liked it before, and am optimistic.

EmiB
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of the rehab.

I agree that the original ride was outdated, but adding animated clips to it didn't do much to fix it.
I was hoping for at least some kind of animatronic at the end where that weird human carousel used to be (where the grand finale performance of the three caballeros is...on a movie screen).

DisneyNut2005
06-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Gran Fiesta Tour is way better than El Rio del Tiempo.

Let's face it: attendance at El Rio very clearly slipped in its later years and was not only dated, but it was also quite offensive (ie: the overzealous merchants) and didn't really show off the true Mexico or explain certain things like the ancient dances very well.

El Rio was a nice little diversion and all, but it was time for a change. And they made a pretty good choice adding in The Three Caballeros. A natural fit, IMO.