PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I see on the Disney website this "High School Musical Pep Rally". Has anyone seen this and is it even worth it? It looks extremely corny and teenie bopper like.

Morpheous
06-03-2007, 05:36 AM
I haven't seen the show its self in the Park, so I can't say if thats any good or not, and while I hate to be negative. I Kinda doubt it would be that great depending on if you have teens that like the Disney Channel movie. Ive been forced to sit through half of it and I can't say that I liked it. Though I suppose for older kids like 10-15ish maybe would enjoy it since its supposedly kinda popular especially in the pre-teen age group.

If I remember right the TV Show was a musical about a basketball player who meets this girl who is in some singing talent contest. He ends up falling for her and cant decide if he wants to sing or play basketball. Again, I hate to be so negative :| But I guess my dislike for High School musical in general is pretty strong.

Hope that helps in some way though.

Melanie
06-03-2007, 05:40 AM
It's cute and worthwhile for fans of the movie. I enjoyed it, and I'm old. ;)

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I haven't seen the show its self in the Park, so I can't say if thats any good or not, and while I hate to be negative. I Kinda doubt it would be that great depending on if you have teens that like the Disney Channel movie. Ive been forced to sit through half of it and I can't say that I liked it. Though I suppose for older kids like 10-15ish maybe would enjoy it since its supposedly kinda popular especially in the pre-teen age group.

If I remember right the TV Show was a musical about a basketball player who meets this girl who is in some singing talent contest. He ends up falling for her and cant decide if he wants to sing or play basketball. Again, I hate to be so negative :| But I guess my dislike for High School musical in general is pretty strong.

Hope that helps in some way though.

OH....So this is based on a movie???? Can you tell I don't watch the Disney channel? (and it used to be an ok channel, shame) I'm 28 with no kids. Based on that descriptions.....I'm going to pass on the show. Thanks everybody!

Catzle
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
We saw it, if your talking about the outdoor show at MGM. It was fun to hear the songs and they got the audience involed. It doesn't last long and it's outside and you can walk up catch a few minutes and keep on walking if it doesn't interest you. I have a 5 & 7 year old who are into the movie so they liked it. It's a lot of dancing and singing.

ILoveLegos
06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I liked the movie and and liked the show, and Go Wildcats!
P.S. - I'm well out of junior high too!
Try something new , see the show, think out of the box - that's what it's all about. Try it you might like it!!!

moe513
06-03-2007, 11:19 AM
My 8 yr old is looking forward to it.

larandtra
06-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I would probably put the primary audience as 7-11 or 12 at the most. I coach and am around 10-14 year old girls all year and I must say that todays 13 and older girls are not too impressed with HSM, but, kids in the preteen range definately are. Tons of singing and dancing. My 7 year old loves it, my 13 year old would rather watch Captain Jack and Will.

Christine
06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I think it is well worth the time to watch!

The kids are very talented. It's a lot of fun.

It got me to singing and dancing right along with them, and I assure you I am WAY too old and un-cool to be doing so!!! :D

Meteora
06-03-2007, 04:26 PM
It's entertaining if you've seen the movie. Relatively short. Kid-friendly. I thought the people they had doing it when I saw it ib December (when it was still at MK) were quite talented.

Morpheous
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I guess my dislike of it due to the fact that Im in my semi early 20s. So the whole High School concept is still a bit too recent for me! Im sure its a great show for parents and kids. Like I said I hated being so negative about it since I was sure that there would be plenty of people who liked it. While its not really something I wanna see, I do feel a little bad about about being so Negative towards it.

I miss Vault Disney :D

AnnetteFan
06-03-2007, 08:37 PM
If you like musicals and singing and dancing you'll enjoy it even if you don't know anything about the movie. If you aren't into that sort of thing to begin with you won't really get that much out of it.

HSMfreak
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm a huge fan of the movie (soon to be movies). I'm going back to WDW in July and am extremely excited to watch this short show depicting the movie. I'm sure that it will be worth my while since i'm such a big fan of the movie.

Dreamin_of_Disney247
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
My DD is 3 1/2 and she absolutely loves the movie! I didnt know there was a show at Disney/Pixar Studios. I will have to take her to see that. Anyone know where in the park it is located?
:mickey: