PDA

View Full Version : how to remove Security gadgets?

cajunmickey
06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Just returning from WDW, we were unloading our goodies, when I noticed a security gadget still attached to a beanie.
I bought a Pirates beanie at the Villian store in MGM park. I never noticed that the Security gadget was not removed.. I have no clue how to get it off without causing damage to the beanie. It says something about dye on a sticker on it!!. Does anyone know How do I remove the Gadget??
Why it wasnt removed when I bought it I have no Idea. My daughther would like to wear it, but she doesnt want to look like Minnie Pearl..
Help anybody!!!!

WDWfanatic742
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I know people on here have taken it to local department stores and malls and have them remove it if you show them the receipt for the item.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Maybe the local Disney store can help? That's if they have a security system themselves. Otherwise one of the higher end stores might have the same type of system.

DizneyRox
06-03-2007, 07:28 AM
I've been very careful and used a hacksaw in the past. They are meant to deter theft, not stop it. Someone would notice someone with a hacksaw in the store, but at home you have plenty of time to be careful.

You can look for stores in your area that might have the same type of system as well, it's all about how long you want to wait.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for damage caused by using my suggestion.

kakn7294
06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
You could also contact merchandising - I have done so in the past and they have replaced the item with one that has had the security tag removed. You do have to have the receipt so they can get some info from you.

crazypoohbear
06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Contact disney, send it back and they will return it to you.

cajunmickey
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Our local Disney store closed over 3 years ago, cant bring it there. No local clothes stores here use the same Gadget as Disney.
Now even worse I wrote to disney a week ago and still have NOT heard back from them.
Does anyone have an email address that they actually read and reply to??
The Pirates of the Carribean Beanie is just sitting on my counter collecting dust.
Maybe our next trip back, I'll let my daughther wear it all around Disney and see if any notices.. Probably not.

kakn7294
06-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Either try this phone number for WDW Merchandising: 1-407-363-6200 or e-mail them at: [email protected]. Personally, I would call since you get to talk to a live person and they can explain the exact procedure to you and answer any questions. I like instant gratification!

Mickey91
06-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Some of our local department stores will remove tags like that if they have the same type. It is worth a shot to ask.:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
06-10-2007, 06:04 PM
This happened to my sister. There was a security tag left on a hat she bought. She took it to the mall and went around to a few stores before she found one that the right sized device to remove it....Wilson's Leather.

AnnieBananie
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Not to be discouraging, but, my husband has had two different items on two different trips come home with the security tag. We called Disney and they told us to send it back (with a copy of receipt) and they would reimburse us the postage when they sent the item back. But, we just were too lazy and took it back to WDW the NEXT YEAR (ha ha) and got them to remove it then. (That was a nice, expensive golf shirt that my DH had to wait a year to wear!!!!) The next time was a tee shirt/ hat combination. Luckily our daughter was heading back to WDW a month later and she took the shirt/hat and had them remove it. Needless to say, we all should watch out and make sure those devices are removed before we leave for home. We actually took the first shirt to 3 different malls and tried to find a device that would be able to remove a Disney tag and couldn't find one anywhere in Charlotte, NC that could do it!!

bleukarma
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I used to work for The Disney Store and they do not have the device to remove that tag. We actually used to get people come in all the time with that question though, so it sounds like it happens at WDW often. My manager used to send people across the mall to either Hollister, American Eagle or Ambercrobie…I forget which one. I believe it was American Eagle. I’ve never noticed if those stores use those security tag systems or not but I assumed they did since that’s where my manager would send people.

Mary Poppins
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Had this happen last year to us on a dress for our daughter and we had to send it back to get it taken off--only took a couple of weeks. They said to that they would reimburse us for the shipping but for the couple of dollars it cost, it wasn't worth my time :mickey: