PDA

View Full Version : What am I remembering?

tundramom
06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
When I was young (I'm talking late 60's early 70's) we stayed at FW in some kind of permanent structure. I remember lots of brown/cream decor and some kind of cement patio. I remember that it rained really hard one night and the roof or sides must have been metal because it was very noisy (for some reason I think tannish or cream metal siding). It seemed quite large (I was small) because there were Mom, Dad, and at least 3 of us and we had bedrooms (not on a sleeper in the living room). Was this a "cabin" in the day? Almost seemed like a double wide to me. Just curious:confused:

mickey98
06-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Prior to the cabins being built. F.W. had trailers on sites for rental. similar to the cabins. but closer to travel trailers.. If you have an old check in brochure you can see them shown ...

steamboat willy
06-03-2007, 11:58 AM
WDW and FW opened in Oct 1071. We stayed shortly after that also in Fort Wilderness for the first time. This was back when they had a train :train: inside FW for transportation. Very cool since DD work on the Southern R.R. BOTH are gone now, but what great memories.
It's great you have the memories!:thumbsup:

mamaloya
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM
You may be remembering the wilderness homes. Google "fort wilderness jeff spencer" and go to his website. He has pictures of the old ones. See if it rings any bells.

Willowwind
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
There were a couple of trailer in each of the loops that you could rent way back when. My family stayed in one on Jack Rabbit Run in 1983. Yes, it pretty much was a double wide.

I loved that they were scattered around the property and in different loops. The fact that all the cabins now are all together irks me, it just all seems so removed from the rest of the place to me.

tundramom
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks mamaloya, "old Wilderness homes view #2" hit it right on the head!:blush: Thanks for help in clearing that up, now if I can just remember where I hid my $...:silly:

BrerSchultzy
06-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I remember staying in those old wilderness homes, and my parents getting upset with us, because all we wanted to do was play tetherball...or ride in the golf cart...it was hard to get us to go to the park...

okay...probably not that hard. :mickey: