PDA

View Full Version : The best SOUVENIARS!

little disney lovers
06-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I live in Australia, So luggage space is precious!
Besides the autograph books and pressed pennies, What are the most special souveniars you've purchased?
I have 2 little girls (5 and 7).
Thanks guys!
:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
In 2000 we bought a milennium snow globe, and last year we got a wedding frame because we got married at poly!! This year we got the Where dreams come true platter and a mickey throw blanket!!

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I use my Tigger mug everyday. :thumbsup: DH has a complimentary Mickey mug. :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
If your girls wear jewelry, WDW has a lot of Disney ones that might be age appropriate for your girls. Plus hair accessories, too.

This past trip we found a cute book about Mickey and "Disney Bear" visiting Magic Kingdom. It's brown with a golden spine like the "Little Golden Books" have. Your youngest may like it.

disneymom2000
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I have bought some notebook pads (like you write letters or notes on) with the castle superimposed on them and a package of pens with disney characters on them. I spent very little and they were flat enough to pack easily. I found them at World of Disney at the marketplace. My nieces were able to write notes to their friends on this special paper and got to show off their pens as well.:cool:

little disney lovers
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
The jewellry (we spell it different in Australia?) sounds good. We bought a Minnie solid gold charm each for them on our first Disneyland trip, Expensive, but they are special! Maybe we should buy another charm for their bracelet?
I was also considering a film cell or framed trading pin picture, I have heard about them but am not sure.
Am just getting addicted to this site! Have started a notebook with all the helpful tips I keep reading, Thanks everyone!

baby minnie's mommy
06-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Sounds like the Minnie charm needs a Mickey! :mickey: I don't know where to find charms, but if you have trouble at the parks try World of Disney at DTD - they have a large selection of everything!

Magic Kingdom has beautiful framed art. I'm partial to the Pooh artwork, myself. (Very expensive, though.) I would love to have one hanging up at home in a playroom/library. Maybe on our anniversary trip I should get one! :thumbsup:

CandleontheWater
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Pins, Pins and more Pins! I cannot stop buying pins when at WDW, I'm a total addict! I always buy ones that remind me of special memories from our trips, the resort we stayed at, a special ride and I always buy at least one limited edition pin. I think they're the best souveniers!

little disney lovers
06-03-2007, 11:24 PM
I love pins too, Have a growing collection with one limited edition one from the opening of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster. But don't have them on display at home for a constant reminder.
I think I'm pretty set on a framed film cell, that way I can hang it in the media room as a constant reminder.
And if I find a gold Mickey, he may just make his way into my luggage also!
I scrapbook also, so always make an album of each trip, The kids adore it!
Thanks for all the great ideas!

auntfrannie
06-04-2007, 05:24 AM
The jewellry (we spell it different in Australia?) sounds good. We bought a Minnie solid gold charm each for them on our first Disneyland trip, Expensive, but they are special! Maybe we should buy another charm for their bracelet?
I was also considering a film cell or framed trading pin picture, I have heard about them but am not sure.
Am just getting addicted to this site! Have started a notebook with all the helpful tips I keep reading, Thanks everyone!

You can also have your girls do the "select an oyster" at Epcot's Japan pavillion. After they select an oyster you can have the pearl set in a pendant. I think these are less expensive than the gold charms which I think start around $100 USD.

RAIDER
06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
i love my fridge magnets and my disney plates the best .... and the disney calender is a must !!:mickey:

Mickey91
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
We bought our DD one of the less expensive charm bracelets and charms that they sell at all the resorts and one or two shops in the parks. They can choose their own charms and will have something to add to when/if they go back. My daughter and I both collect the resort charms from each resort we stay at. We also have a charm from each of the parks we visited. I would also buy them each a special Tshirt at least one size bigger so they can wear it longer. Nothing is as special as wearing your new WDW Tshirt when you get home! We have also started collecting pins. HaVE fUN!!!

little disney lovers
06-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Thanks, I think the cheaper charm bracelet is a good idea. The solid gold ones are so expensive I only let them wear them for special occasions. But I love the idea of buying a cheaper Sterling Silver one that they can wear all the time. Then we can add charms from our resort, each park, and maybe even place's throughout America we visit, It can be a story of their journey through USA 2008!
As for the T's and Pins, We've started that collection already! We have about 20 pins from our Disneyland trips, the kids think they are so cool when they ge to wear the lanyard!
Thanks heaps for your ideas!

Suz36
06-09-2007, 11:53 AM
If you celebrate Christmas, ornaments are fun to get, and I'm sure you could find some small, non-breakable ones. We always try to get an ornament every place that we visit on vacation. Of course, at Disney last year, we couldn't buy just one!! We already put up 2 trees each year, pretty soon it will need to be 3!

Ayndi
06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Keychains are cheap, small, and the little ones love to hook them on their backpacks or bookbags.

little disney lovers
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
We collect the hallmark christmas ornaments, so we always buy disney ones!
But 2 trees, WOW, you must be busy! I'm sure your kids will grow up with great memories of christmas and their tree'S!
And keychains are a good idea for the kids to put on their school bags, My girls go to a private school and all the bags are identical, So a big Mickey should make their own bag easier to find, and look cool too!
Thanks!

cruellalvr
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Did you know that DTD has a scrapbooking section in one of the stores and while you can get most of the little stuff they sell in a local store, my 7 yr old daughter (who is a scrapper herself) and I both bought our scrapbooks there to add to the specialness of it all!:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-10-2007, 12:25 AM
On our last two trips we have bought the same picture frame with multiple holes in it. Its funny to look at the pictures of our first trip with no kids and our second with kids.

Ayndi
06-10-2007, 02:45 AM
At Epcot in the last little store to the left as you leave they sell a keychain that is a mickey head in red white and blue that flashes. Very cool (well, maybe not if you're not an American :P) but that's the only place I've seen it.

I'll be there in a couple days and report back to you what I find in the coolio keychain area.

little disney lovers
06-10-2007, 08:33 AM
At Epcot in the last little store to the left as you leave they sell a keychain that is a mickey head in red white and blue that flashes. Very cool (well, maybe not if you're not an American :P) but that's the only place I've seen it.

I'll be there in a couple days and report back to you what I find in the coolio keychain area.

Actually, Everything American is very cool in Australia. We love the 'I LOVE NY' T-shirts! Also our flag is red, white and blue aswell!
I Love keyrings, I have sooooo many keys around the house, cars, etc...It's a cute reminder of your trip! I bought one of the 50th Anniversary Castle from Disneyland, all done up in it's gold turrets and it has a Tinkerbell that flys back and forward. Love it!

krorx
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
We always get a Disney frame for a special picture of us all somewhere in the parks. And a print to frame when we get home. This time we got two, one hand drawn by a Disney artist for my daughter of the cheshire cat which was already framed. My daughter got the cheaper charm bracelet which she loves and she's 16! And a photo album of course to put all our Disney pictures in. that is a must! Hurry back to visit! :wave:

fluffy34
06-26-2007, 04:21 PM
IF YOU ARE STILL INTO THE SCRAPBOOKING M. MOUSE MERCANTILE IN THE GRAND FLORIDAN HAS SOME VERY CUTE STUFF, SCISSORS AND TAPES AND IT IS REASONABLY PRICED. I HAVE ALSO FOUND THAT THE ITEMS FOR SALE AT THAT STORE CAN NOT BE FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE.:thumbsup:

little disney lovers
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the tips, I will definately write down the shop at the GF in my 'tips book'! Thanks!

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
When I was a kid, I got a Mickey watch in a store on Main Street USA in the MK. I loved that thing, and wore it every day. It was a constant reminder of my trip, every time I looked at the time I saw Mickey and remembered everything about the moment I got the watch and walking back out to Main Street USA and how pretty it was when the sun hit it that first time.

When the watchband wore out, we'd go to the store at home and buy a new one and I'd put it right back on. If the battery died, we got a new one. I got many years of use out of that watch before it finally got lost in a move when I was in my late teens. That was the best souvenEAR I ever picked up. I may have to get a new one this year!