PDA

View Full Version : Big Love Season 2 begins June 11

janebanks
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Just saw the date on HBO's web site.

Big Love fans: let's meet back here on June 12 to discuss! See you then!

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I'll be in WDW for the first episode, but it is in my DVR list to record while I am gone. I am very excited to have it back on! :thumbsup:

threeh
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Im so excited!
See you then!

JOrdan :]

goofiecrazy
06-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Love this and cant wait..

janebanks
06-08-2007, 05:27 PM
HBO On Demand (and probably HBO, also, but I haven't checked) has not only all of season 1, but also 3 little mini episodes showing events 5 years prior, 1 year prior, and months prior to events at beginning of season 1. Short, but interesting! They're only a few minutes each, but worth watching.

rnin02
06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Can't wait. And I will have to check out that HBO on demand stuff...I've always wanted to know more about the early years:)

DisneyLandMomma
06-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I can't wait!!

I also found the on demand episodes on Friday! :) Very fun to watch! :)

rnin02
06-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have a title for the demand shows that show the "early years" stuff? I'm looking but maybe my brain isn't functioning well tonight.

DisneyLandMomma
06-11-2007, 02:42 AM
They are listed at the end of the episodes.... each titled 5 years ago, 3 years ago, and 1 year 2 months. There is also Big Love Minutes which is a recap of season 1 in 3 minutes.

Hope you can find them!

tinkerbell04
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the early years info, that was just what I needed to get me back in the mood for the show!

DREAMADREAM93
06-11-2007, 09:06 PM
It's ON!!

janebanks
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, what did you all think?

I enjoyed getting back into the show. Nicki is the one I "love to hate" if you know what I mean. I liked it when she got all drama-queen when talking to her mom ("Margene is now in my care. I'm just a breath away from being first wife")... she's the most interesting character to me. I liked hearing a bit of the back story in the apology at the end, when Bill admitted that he'd forced Barb into taking in more wives... I always thought there was an undercurrent of jealousy/coldness in her character. I wish we had seen more of Rhonda. Do you think they will focus at all on her upcoming joining with Roman? What's up with Wanda poisoning everyone??!

Although I liked the episode because I like the show, it seemed a bit choppy at times, as if they were trying to throw a whole lot of story lines at us in one hour, trying to pick up all the pieces they'd left dangling at the end of last season.

rnin02
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed it, but we did end up watching most of it twice, and I picked up on lots of stuff I missed the first time around. It did seem packed with lots of new story lines...which is good and bad. They certainly won't be able to follow all of those story lines every week, and I'm sure I will forget about some of them:) Nice to have stuff to watch during the summer though!

tinkerbell04
06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I like to watch it twice too! I too think that there is a lot going on, but it sure looks like it is going to be a good season. I just really like the show!

rnin02
06-19-2007, 11:20 PM
"I don't care if they get up on a table and dance the tootsie-wootsie"...Roman was funny this episode!! Watching it again, sorta.

janebanks
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm loving the new season... some fine acting and great story lines. Rhonda is too much! What a manipulator.

Am I the only one who feels a little lost sometimes? What was up with that other group/compound/prophet that was going to have Bill branded??? Have they been mentioned before and I missed it? All I got was that he was Roman's main rival...

rnin02
07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Rhonda is too much...I really wish Nikki would stop talking to her! I'm enjoying the new season, but we are watching every episode at least twice (bless you, HBO, for all your repeats!) to catch everything. There seems to be so much going on. That group that wanted to brand Bill came out of nowhere, I think, unless I missed something too.

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one that didn't know about that branding group thing. I was totally lost on that point. :mickey:

Lucille
07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry I'm jumping in on this thread so late. I was a huge fan of Season 1 and was chomping at the bit for Season 2.

Am I the only one that is getting a bit overwhealmed and a bit annoyed with all the sub plots? I wish they would wrap a couple of things up before they add more storylines.

tinkerbell04
07-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Am I the only one that is getting a bit overwhealmed and a bit annoyed with all the sub plots? I wish they would wrap a couple of things up before they add more storylines.

Not the only one...me too!!!:mickey:

NJDad
07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I thought there were a number of plots this show could do but seemed to me they threw most of them in last year, so already they have to figure out twists and turns that should have come to be needed around season 4.

janebanks
08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
The thing I'm having the most trouble with is what I see as a transformation of Margie's character. She went from timid, lonely, confused, etc. to confident, glowing, mature, able to stand up to the other wives, etc. Did I miss something? Was it because she chose to be baptized last season? Is it because she's pregnant? What's the deal? Either I've forgotten how it happened (always possible given the amount of sleep I get these days) or the writers didn't adequately show her growing up from one season to the next.

rnin02
08-17-2007, 04:10 AM
I don't think you missed anything, she just went from quiet to assertive. I guess she's growing up! We are enjoying the new, more assertive Margie, it adds some to the show. I thought this past episode was a little weird, it sort of jumped around a bit and at times was hard to follow.

janebanks
08-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I laughed so hard at that note Margie gave Bill during dinner!

rnin02
09-02-2007, 02:43 AM
So, what did everyone think of the finale? We thought it seemed a little disjointed, and so many things left hanging.

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2007, 07:34 AM
I enjoyed this season very much. Although I do have to agree that there might have been a little too much all going on at the same time. The acting on this show is just so wonderful, all the characters just pop off that screen. I almost can't blink when Albie is onscreen because he is so creepy. Now the long wait for season three begins.

tinkerbell04
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I really enjoyed this season, and I agree that the actors on here are just great! I love the dynamcis of the characters. Can't wait for season 3!:mickey:

threeh
09-18-2007, 10:23 AM
It took me alittle while to watch all the episodes, thank goodness for tivo:thumbsup:
I enjoyed the season, can't wait for season 3.
I do have one question, who put the snakes in Barb's bed?? Was it Albie?? How did he get in?
Otherwise I really enjoyed it. How about them arresting Roman at the end, never saw that coming.

Happy viewing!!

Pollyanna Darling
02-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I had no idea you were a Big Love fan!

:cloud9:

I love you more than ever.

<3

Melanie
02-16-2008, 05:32 AM
I had no idea you were a Big Love fan!

:cloud9:

I love you more than ever.