PDA

View Full Version : Best places to relax in the parks

CleveSJM
06-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Somewhat related to the "mid-day break" thread, if you do not go back to the resort for an extended break, where is the best place to break in each of the parks?

My thoughts:
MK - Cosmic Rays
AK - A little cabin/house close to Restaurantosaurus. Air conditioned and maybe attached to an ice cream stand
EP - In the exit area after Mission Space.
DPS (MGM, need to get used to the new Disney-Pixar branding... ;)) - Upstairs in Pizza Planet if you can get a table.

septembergirl
06-02-2007, 05:09 PM
My thoughts:
MK - Cosmic Rays
AK - A little cabin/house close to Restaurantosaurus. Air conditioned and maybe attached to an ice cream stand
EP - In the exit area after Mission Space.
DPS (MGM, need to get used to the new Disney-Pixar branding... ;)) - Upstairs in Pizza Planet if you can get a table.

Ditto on MGM. I enjoy the upstairs room at Pizza Planet and the kids loved it downstairs.
EP - I love to watch the fountain.
MK - Tom Sawyer's island. Getting there and back was unpleasant and hot on the raft but our visit was one of the most memorable of our last trip. The kids wondered around while we rested with a treat. We took several pix of them watching the ducks. I was struck by how entertained they were with those baby ducks right in the middle of the Magic Kingdom and all it has to offer.(I am getting emotional just thinking about it! :crying:)
:mickey: That was the day I realized how I needed to slow down and enjoy myself instead of rushing around like a lunatic!

NewmanFamily6
06-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I myself always vote for the air conditioned shows.
MK=Philharmagic
AK-It's tough to be a bug
EP-Soarin or any of the films
MGM-Muppets

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
06-02-2007, 07:54 PM
MK
1. Tomorrowland Transit Auth.
2. Hall of Presidents

Epcot
1. Innoventions
2. Spaceship Earth
3. El Rio De Tiempo

AK
1. Tough to be a Bug

MGM
1. Muppets
2. Great Movie Ride

disneyboy98
06-02-2007, 08:28 PM
MK - TTA, COP, and the back of the emporium where the old Mickey Mouse movies play

Epcot - American Garden's Theatre, UOE (love that 45 minutes of air conditioning), American Adventure

MGM - The Animation Studio, Muppet Vision, GMR

AK - Rainforest Cafe gift shop, down by the water seating area of Flametree BBQ

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 08:28 PM
MK - TTA, COP

Epcot - AA, Innoventions

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Any of the CS restaurants or stores that have a/c. And the TTA is a good thing to sit and relax and enjoy the breeze on.

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 12:24 AM
MK-
Tomorrow Transit authority
Carousel of Progress
Mickey's Philharmagic

Epcot-
Honey I shrunk the Audience

MGM-
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK-
It's tough to be a bug

Or anywhere else that has AC.

DisneyDude1977
06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
MK:

Most definitely the TTC. I also like Cosmic Ray's as a good, relaxing spot.

EPCOT:

Club Cool

MGM:
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK:
Tough to be a Bug

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 01:00 PM
We love.......

MK - TTA, last year we rode around on it for an hour while our 7 month old DGD took a nap. The line keeper said it wasn't a prob. as long as there wasn't a huge line, which there never was!! We even saw SM with the lights on because it had stopped working for a short time. That was cool. Also in the Expo Hall, they show Steamboat Willie!! Great little place to cool off and relax. And, of course, CoP.

Epcot - Impressions de France. Great place to sit, cool off, and learn.

AK - I don't think I have ever found a "true" relaxing place here. Any idea? TTBAB just isn't long enough to relax. Although FTBBQ is really good, just not cool. Pizzafari is good to and cool.

MGM - When you get off of ToT, there is a great little place to sit and relax. Just knowing I am inside the Hotel!!!!!! I love it. I can't get enough of the movie. I watch it all the time.

68 days until August trip
194 days until December trip

LandFan
06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
MK: definitely TTA! My favorite. COP is good too as is HOP if you are on that side of the park.

EPCOT:Ellen's Energy Adventure (UOE) is good for a nap if you need it. It's also cool & dark as is American Adventure

AK: We like sitting on the bridge on the walkway between Expedition Everest in Asia and Dinoland. It's a beautiful view and not terribly crowded. We also like sitting down by the river behind FlameTree BBQ

MGM: Hmmm... not many places here. This park always makes me hot just thinking about it. We usually duck into Sci-Fi Dine-In and have a snack to cool off and relax.

Pop Centurion
06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
As far as non attractions:

MK - Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Mouse Gear & Club Cool
MGM - Pizza Planet or the Beverly Sunset
AK - Tusker House or Rain Forest Cafe gift shop.

RockChalkKimball
06-03-2007, 05:14 PM
MK - The Kodak place to the right the train station as you walk in. It is quiet and not very crowded. Great place to cool off.
AK - Flame Tree has shady, cool seating area with ducks and birds to watch.
Epcot - There is a beautiful garden across from the fish and chips shop. It is shady and has seating. I think it is in back of the tea shop.
MGM - the area around the lake, just outside of Hollywood and Vine. There are sometimes street performers to watch late in the afternoon, when you are ready to take a break.

RAIDER
06-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Epcot
The Ice Station

Mexico to drink a Margarita by the pond :marg::cloud9:

Watching the British Invasion espec when they sing.. "here comes the sun" eating your fish and chips

AK
Tuskers

MK
Having and icecream and watching people on the dumbo ride

Noodle bar ..as thats a great view of the park

MGM

Also the place by the Tower of Terror wher you have a few eateries and watching the people go by

LibertyTreeGal
06-04-2007, 08:22 AM
A little known place to relax is the alcove where Storytime with Belle takes place (just off the castle, to the right as you would see it from Main Street), and the interactive show there with all the kids is just precious.

StitchplusTink=STINK
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM
my picks are:
Magic Kingdom=Tommorowland Transit Authority

Epcot=Spaceship Earth or World of Energy(with Ellen Degeneres)

Animal Kingdom=It's Tough to Be A Bug

MGM=Great Movie Ride

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Jeff G
06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
MK-
1. Sitting on a bench on Main Street USA people watching, I love to watch the expressions of others as they stroll into the park.
1a. TTA

EPCOT (we do future world one day and World Showcase another so I have a spot for each) -
FW-Near the fountain, I love the music and the choreographed music.
WS- England watching Off Kilter.

MGM -
If sitting through a show can count it's Muppetvision otherwise we usually take a break at the Pizza Planet.

AK-

Usually on the bus back to the hotel. We never make a whole day out of AK.

Camping Mom
06-05-2007, 01:43 AM
TTA for sure...I love riding that! I also love to sit on the beach at Fort Wilderness at night to watch the fireworks while eating a Mickey ice cream....I wish I was there now!

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2007, 01:52 AM
MK-Hall Of Presidents just to rest
Liberty Tree Tavern for Food

Epcot-Living Seas just to rest
Coral Reef Restaurant for Food

Studios-Little Mermaid Show to rest
Brown Derby for Food or
Sci-Fi Drive-In for Food (kids)

AK-Tough To Be A Bug to rest
Rainforest Cafe for Food

Always remember to plan your day ahead of time if possible. Stay close to the rides with AC and drink lots of water on those hot days. The Queen:)

MagicKingdom12
06-05-2007, 02:31 PM
MK - TTA, no doubt the most relaxing no wait experience at the park

Epcot - I have a couple here...the first one is any shaded bench in World Showcase. We adults like to grab a German beer or a Japanese beer or a British beer or well you get the idea and just plop down on a bench and look back towards all of Epcot and people watch. Also if you are really hot go see Impressions De France or America...both sit down theatres and both with great AC:thumbsup:

AK - There is a beverage counter area just on the other side of the river and the other side of the tree that is very secluded and shaded and has a great view.

DPS - The Great Movie Ride

Deesdisney
06-05-2007, 02:35 PM
We usually have a lunch with characters if we can. It takes forever for the characters to come over and see you so we eat and relax in the air conditioning. If not we find some where with alot of shade and people watch. I like the see the faces of the kids when they see new things.