PDA

View Full Version : New Nemo Attraction, Worth it?

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I'll be making a trip to WDW on the 12th and the new Nemo ride wasn't open last time I was there. Is it worth the wait if there is a line? It will be me and my Aunt, so no kids along on this trip.

DizneyRox
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Nemo the Musical? Yes

The Seas with Nemo? Not really if there is a significant wait. It ebbs and flows so to speak, so you can often catch it right and not have a significant wait. It's cute, but not worth a long wait in my humble opinion.

baby minnie's mommy
06-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll second that opinion, DisneyRox.

Nemo the Musical is a beautiful play, though very long. Definitely worth seeing.

Nemo the ride at Epcot didn't impress me. The effect of having the Nemo characters in the same tank as the real fish wasn't till the end, and a very small piece of the ride. It's a very cool effect, if only it had been used for more of the ride.

Ayndi
06-02-2007, 01:50 PM
It sounds like The Living Seas might be out for me this trip then. Where is the Nemo show at?

dixielandings
06-02-2007, 03:03 PM
If you were a big fan of Living Seas in it's previous format, you might be disappointed. The end effect and the EAC effect w/ Crush are cool but I still miss the old Sea Cabs. Still, it's cute and if you like Nemo, you'll like the show.

I will say that when we were there last week, we actually saw dolpins (which I had not seen there in a LONG time) and 2 giant sea turtles in the aquarium. That was very cool.

sacandjac
06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
We were there last week and it was a walk on. Not real impressed with the ride. I think little kids will love it, but I would not wait over 20 minutes for it. Fun to see at least once, but I think I will skip it in the future.

DisneyNut2005
06-02-2007, 05:47 PM
The Nemo ride is VERY worth it. Give it a try anyway and form your own opinion.

Also, the Nemo attraction is WAY better than the old Living Seas, which was very boring and outdated.

WEDTOPIA
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
It sounds like The Living Seas might be out for me this trip then. Where is the Nemo show at?

2 opinions really shouldn't seal the deal. Try it. I was skeptical before I went on it ,but the queue area is very well done and the ride is very Disney. The original Sea Cabs had no theming.....

:mickey:

TennesseeTink
06-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Nemo-The Musical is at AK.

The Nemo ride is cute; I actually liked the area where you wait in line. However, once you get inside you must try Turtle Talk w/Crush. It was soooo funny, not to be missed.:thumbsup:

jefmblrd
06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I would give both the musical and the ride a shot. The musical in AK is amazing. We waited about an hour to get in, after passing by a few times and not going in because of the wait, we figured we didn't have much choice if we wanted to see it. The ride is pretty good and worth seeing; the queue is really well-done.

tnpoohbear
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Definitely the Nemo show at AK is worth seeing! We saw it in March and absolutely loved it - the line fills up fast when we were there atleast 150 people got turned away so get there early!!!

The Nemo ride to Epcot is cute - I am glad we went on it. It would be especially interesting to the little ones. If I had to miss this ride I would not be upset.:mickey:

Meteora
06-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I think the Nemo ride is worth doing once, at least. It's not the best ride in the park, but it's not a waste of time, either. You shouldn't wait an excessively long time for it, but the queue area is nicely done and cute. We waited about half an hour and didn't feel like we'd wasted our time, though we also weren't overwhelmed by the ride.

A lot of people like Turtle Talk, as well, and we enjoy just walking around, looking at the manatees. It also has a nemo-themed gift shop; if anyone in your family is a fan of the movie, it's worth checking out.

If you want to skip the ride and just go inside the pavilion, go in through the gift shop.

Mandalorian30
06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I missed out on the Musical in AK the day we were there. They had technical problems and had to close it down for the day.:(

However, I really enjoyed the ride at Epcot. I thought it was fun, and I loved the effects it used! I'd recommend it. :)

mdricks
06-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Personally i think the que is the best part and worth going through. The effect of gradualy slipping under the water is really cool. The ride itself is OK. Its a must see once type of thing. If you will be going back with kids in the future you may want to wait it out. If the lins is short then go for it.

Belle619
06-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I thought the ride was cute and enjoyable. It is at least worth doing once - I try to have that motto with all rides at Disney. :mickey:

milhouse
06-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree with most here.

The musical in AK is a must. I was not too impressed with the Nemo ride. The effect was just not that good. If the line is short I would jump on though.

The Crush Show is a MUST especially with small kids but adults w/o kids would still love it. it's a howl. If the line for the Nemo ride is long I would go through the gift shop and just catch the Crush show. It was a highlight of our week.

future_imagineer
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
First off, I am against the Pixarization of WDW in the first place, as I've stated in other posts. The Nemo ride really reaffirmed this; there is absolutely no real story-telling going on in it, and it is so far off of the vision of The Living Seas, EPCOT Center, and Walt Disney's EPCOT that it is laughable.

I personally think that the original 1981 EPCOT Center attractions should have been kept, and Soarin', Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and *possibly* this added without destroying the originals.

Hayden's Dad
06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
We enjoyed the ride. The line kept moving so the wait didn't seem that long. I thought it was great especially when Peach asks you at the end to take her with you. "It's a great song, but they keep singing it over and over again."

DisneyNut2005
06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
First off, I am against the Pixarization of WDW in the first place, as I've stated in other posts. The Nemo ride really reaffirmed this; there is absolutely no real story-telling going on in it, and it is so far off of the vision of The Living Seas, EPCOT Center, and Walt Disney's EPCOT that it is laughable.

I personally think that the original 1981 EPCOT Center attractions should have been kept, and Soarin', Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and *possibly* this added without destroying the originals.

Whoa! You don't have to be so negative.

I disagree with your assessments.

Ayndi
06-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Could you please refrain from flaming in this thread, you have a couple others started already.

future_imagineer
06-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Mea Culpa; I am just a bit annoyed with some of the decisions that Disney has made regarding their parks lately.

Ayndi
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Mea Culpa; I am just a bit annoyed with some of the decisions that Disney has made regarding their parks lately.

And I agree with you. I still can't figure out what AE was supposed to be about.

Once upon a time I wouldn't have needed to ask opinions about new rides, but with some of the changes going on and long lines it's necessary now.

Jared
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Back to the topic of the thread, I think both new attractions are worthwhile.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends is not special but was a pleasant surprise. The queue area is creative, and the final effect is amazing. I suggest riding at least once.

Finding Nemo - The Musical is an incredible show, on par with Festival of the Lion King. Arrive early and prepare for a special experience. The soundtrack is cute, the sets are gorgeous and the costumes are awesome.

Ayndi
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I think we'll for sure try and make the show, the consensus seems to be that it's wonderful.

And if the lines are not too bad, we'll try the new ride also.

I'm looking at the map of AK and it doesn't list the show, the website says it's in Dinoland?

thejens
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I think it is between Dinoland and Asia. I thought the musical was very good too. Better than the Little Mermaid (which was also cute.) I liked the Living Seas Nemo ride mostly because my 3 year old LOVED it. I think it is mostly fun for little ones, but like the rest of Disney rides, you somehow feel like a little kid when you are riding in the clam shells!

EmiB
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM

:ditto: RIP Horizons

Nemo the ride: Ride it if there's a wait under 20 minutes...it's cute but nothing out of the ordinary.

Nemo the show: Disappointing for me, but kids will definitely like it.

Personally, when I waited an hour to see it, the show "broke down" and one of the turtles was stuck in the air.
They kicked everyone out of the theater, much to the aggravation of 300+ people.
Good riddance, I said, the darn music was stuck in my head for a week! Ugh!

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
We love the Nemo ride. We rode it multiple times last trip with very little wait. Give it a try.

atruman
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm against the characterization of Epcot. I liked it fine when Figment reigned supreme in that park.

That said (and without this turning into a rant), I really liked the Nemo ride. As several others have pointed out, the theming in the queue area (the rippling water around the boat overhead, the "barnacle encrusted" hand rails, etc.) is really well done.

I'd like it more if it was in MK or the Studios, but I still rather enjoyed the ride.

I've yet to be at AK with sufficient time to wait for the musical, but from most reports, it seems to be wonderful indeed.

DisneyNut2005
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm against the characterization of Epcot.

I'm not.

Besides, Epcot has ALWAYS had characters in their attractions. Sure, they were mostly original characters, but still...

The attempts to have Epcot be a Disney park without the characters didn't win over the guests very well, so they had to bring them in. And the idea of Epcot adding attractions featuring established Disney characters is not something new. It all began back in 1989 with "Goofy About Health" in the Wonders of Life, followed by "Circle of Life" at The Land in 1995.

I don't like the constant arguments over whether or not adding familiar characters to Epcot attractions is a good idea. The majority of the guests want them, so they have to listen to them. All the new character-based attractions already running (Nemo, Gran Fiesta Tour, etc.) are all nicely done, are major improvements over their predecessors(sp?) and are perfect fits for their respective pavilions, IMO.

Another reason I wouldn't worry is because not all of the attractions have characters in them and I can't see character-based additions coming to every Epcot pavilion. Not all the newest attractions (Mission: Space, Soarin', etc.) have them anyway.

atruman
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm not saying that no characters have any place at Epcot - I guess it would have been more correct to say I am against the way they are adding characters to Epcot right now. With all of the quotes from Walt about combining learning with fun, I was disappointed to see any information about Mexico shoved to the background behind a "where's Donald" story, that I felt does nothing to educate about the rich history and traditions of Mexico.

I feel the same way about Nemo. More of the educational aspect about the seas of the world would have been nice to see.

I love the characters. They're a big part of what I enjoy about the parks. But to turn all of the parks into copies of one another instead of having their own themes, I am not a fan of. Epcot's attendance was second only to the Magic Kingdom's in North America before Nemo and Gran Fiesta - I think it was doing a fine job winning over guests. I'd also applaud adding characters in to many of the attractions at Epcot, as long as the themes of Epcot are still first and foremost.

I think that Pocohontas would be a natural fit for Living with the Land, and I think that the Three Caballeros talking about the festival they are celebrating and aspects of Mexican culture would be wonderful. Introducing characters from Meet the Robinsons to Future World would work well. Having Goofy doing car safety demonstrations in the line for Test Track would be great! (That line is always long, and I personally think it could use a little spicing up)

I just am against the homogenization of the parks, and I think that the way that characters are being introduced into Epcot is a step in that direction.

Hey... how'd I get up on this soap box?

Sorry. Please watch your toes as I step down.

Roo Girl
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Nemo the ride at Living Seas is ADORABLE. I really enjoy it and try to catch it when i'm at Epcot. The line moves quicker than I expected and the EAC segment of the ride is not to be missed. I really enjoyed it- but I dare you to try to get that song out of your head after riding!!

Bruegge
06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Nemo-The Musical is at AK.

The Nemo ride is cute; I actually liked the area where you wait in line. However, once you get inside you must try Turtle Talk w/Crush. It was soooo funny, not to be missed.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree.. It's cute and fun. Try to time it so it's not too long of a wait, we had a 20 min list that was more like 15... No matter what since Nemo and Crush are back to back so to speak... it's a great way to kill time (excellent queues on both) till your soarin or test track fast pass comes due.

Scott

Soul_Power
06-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Nemo Musical? Absolutely LOVED it! I thought it was very well done and I really enjoyed it. It was actually one of the highlights to my boyfriend's and my first trip!

Nemo the ride? Well, it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. I think it's definitely something to do once, but when (not IF!) I go again it'll probably be something I skip. I think little kids would love it though!

CandleontheWater
06-08-2007, 11:59 PM
I liked the Nemo musical. I didn't think it was the best thing I'd ever seen, but it was cute, imaginative and very well put together.

I also really liked the Nemo ride. I was a huge fan of the Living Seas, so I was a real sceptic, but the ride has won me over. I happen to like Nemo a lot, and the end of the ride really is amazing. The effects alone are not to be missed. I also like that they've incorporated an original song. It reminds me of the "golden years" of EPCOT, when just about every ride had its own special song that would stick in your head. I know many people aren't big fans of the Nemo ride, but I was really pleasantly suprised, so I think its worth a shot.