PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass

iamgreat66
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
We are going on our first trip to Disney World next week and i was wondering how photo pass works. Do you have to sign up for it or do you get it automaticly when you stay at t he park.
thanks

TinkiTime1989
06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
When you have your first photograph taken by a disney photographer they will start you on a photopass acount. They will give you a photopass card and after that, anytime you get a picture taken just give the card to the photographer and they will add the photos. At the end of your trip you can view all of the pictures and purchase the ones you want.I believe you can also purchase a CD of all of the pictures for around $100.

wendy*darling
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
That's it... nothing to sign up for. And you don't even have to be staying on site. You just have to be a guest in the park.

As you enter each park you will see official photographers- in the Magic Kingdom they are on Main Street after you pass through Town Square. Just go up to one and tell them you;d like to have your picture taken. They may ask if you have a Photo Pass card. Tell then "not yet!" and the photographer can explain how it will work.
It doesn't have your name attached to it or anything. It's just a plastic card with a bar code on it. As the photographer scans the card for each photo, the photo will remain attached to that bar code. That way you can see all your photos at the end of the trip.
You can have more than one card, and combine them onto one CD if you like. So if your family is split up, or if you forget your card in the room one day, it's OK to get another.

I recommend using a Sharpie-type marker and writing your name or phone number on the card, in case you loose it. You can also make sure you are getting your card back when the photographer scans it.
I also suggest you write the bar code number on something you keep- in your itinerary, cell phone, etc. So if you loose it, they can pull up your photos with the number.
There are more and more Photo Pass photographers throughout the parks now- use them as much as you can for the best benefit!
And have a blast! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
06-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Check out the Photopass (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/photopass.asp) section on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp).

A couple of other features I haven't seen mentioned.
1) You can combine multiple photopasses (up to 4, I believe) and then have them all on one CD.
2) Many of the rides with onride photos will now allow you to have the photo transferred to your photopass.

It's pretty neat, technologically speaking, but personally, I haven't been able to justify the cost.

eeyoremom
06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
If you get multiple photo passes-be sure to have them all linked to the same email account, when you do get online. You can then order a cd with all the pictures on. We just did 2 trips in the family back to back (different family members)-we linked all passes together. We then ordered the cd. We had more then 200 pictures, and they were great. My granddaughter also did the bibbity bobbity photo shoot. They were willing to add her brother in the pictures and they are awesome. All were on the photopass, so we have the right to them all. We had never purchased the pics before because of cost, but this was a great deal. Have fun

conwayjohn71
06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Check out the Photopass section on InfoCentral.

1) You can combine multiple photopasses (up to 4, I believe) and then have them all on one CD.
2) Many of the rides with onride photos will now allow you to have the photo transferred to your photopass.

It's pretty neat, technologically speaking, but personally, I haven't been able to justify the cost.

Which rides are on the photo pass?????

I heard it was only Test Track......

disneyfan328
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
in case anyone hasn't mentioned it the price on the photopass is now up to $ 125.00, however - if you wait until you get home to view your photos and purchase it is much more worth the money. The reason that I say that is that now all of the "special effects" like signatures of characters or borders that you add are also now included on the cd, it is not just the original pictures like it used to be. I say it sounds great, and can't wait to use it in September. My DD17 just went to NY on a school trip and visited the Wide World of Disney store. Buzz and Woody were there and she got her pictures with them. we viewed them on line and it was fun to see all the neat stuff that you can add to the pics.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
photo pass is extremelly easy and a great feature. you can get one from any or every disney photographer you see on the streets at the four parks or the two water parks or downtown disney, pleasure island, etc. its best to just get one card from a photographer and keep that same card to reload it with new pics at the next park(other wise its confusing when you have a lot of cards to carry)

the best thing is you can either purchase your photos before you leave (then you risk getting them bent, folded, or damaged on the ride/trip home) or you can wait till you get home, keep your card, and purchase all of your photos online through the photo passes website.

i used the website last time to purchase all of my photos and i was really impressed. you can still place the special images on each photo if you choose to do so (if u dont know what im talking about, most of the parks have a special imprint with the year on each photo for the park)

the photo card is free, it is seperate from your key to the world card (room key and park ticket) all you have to do is pay when you purchase the photo

sonkist32
06-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Just an FYI, we logged on and looked at our pics and choose not to buy right away. 2 days later we got an email from disney with a code for 50% off cd. It was a go @65 bucks!!!

wedway fan
06-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Just an FYI, we logged on and looked at our pics and choose not to buy right away. 2 days later we got an email from disney with a code for 50% off cd. It was a go @65 bucks!!!

wow! great tip- i'll have to be on the lookout for that e-mail after our trip next year.

tinksmom02
06-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Just remember that you only have a certain time limit to decide if you want to purchase photos or a CD--I think it's 30 days.

Catwillow
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
CD purchased at the parks/resort is approx $125. With that @ time of purchase we were offered 3 free 5x7 and additionals @ $9.95. The CD purchased @ the resort/parks does NOT come with the special add ons (at this time) we were told. However, you can go on line and make the changes and then purchase the CD OR just purchase the CD online and it comes with all the add ons.

Kathleen

bshandsauby
06-19-2007, 10:55 PM
How much do the pictures online cost?

wilshade
06-20-2007, 10:43 AM
The Photopass system is one of the best things that Disney has developed. I have come to rely on the photographers at the character meet & greets.

beksy
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the information! This will be our first trip using photopass and I was confused too. This really cleared up a lot of my questions. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
go to disneyphotopass.com and check out the store.

Eeyore's Pal
08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Check out the Photopass section on InfoCentral.

Which rides are on the photo pass?????

I heard it was only Test Track......

I'll second this question since I didn't see an answer. Does anyone no which rides you can add to your photopass besides Test Track?

pixiesmimi
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
So you don't have to purchase the CD at the park? You can wait and get it online when you get home? If you do this, do you have to do anything with your photopass before you leave the parks or just take it with you home and then log online?

Eeyore's Pal
08-03-2007, 09:11 AM
So you don't have to purchase the CD at the park? You can wait and get it online when you get home? If you do this, do you have to do anything with your photopass before you leave the parks or just take it with you home and then log online?

You don't have to do a thing in the park besides have your pictures taken. Just make sure to log on within 30 days though, or your pictures may be gone.

I don't know if they are still running this special, but last week you were able to prepurchase your CD for $99.95. They then emailed you a code you will use after the photos are taken and you order your CD. If you know you're going to be getting the CD you may want to check this out. It saves over $20.

pixiesmimi
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
That sounds great! But I don't know whether to try this or maybe wait and hope for the discount to be mailed to me like in the above post. Hmmm! Wonder if you could use both if you got them.:blush:

Soul_Power
08-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Prior to my trip at the beginning of the summer, I was pretty iffy about the entire CD costing $125 as well, but I knew the pictures were definitely something I wanted. I mean cmon, how many first trips do you have?!

The boyfriend and I decided to totally take advantage of PhotoPass and have our picture taken EVERY TIME we saw a PhotoPass photographer. Over the course of eight days, my boyfriend and I ended up with close to 150 pictures, making the CD's cost of $125 totally worth it. The pictures are high quality and the photographers take a few shots of you and are happy to take a shot with your own camera, too. It was also nice to get both of us in a picture without having to ask a random person walking by, taking it ourselves and not seeing much of the background, etc.

It's a wonderful and FREE service - take advantage of it!

One more thing: I was hoping to receive the CD discount email also, but I didn't. Hope luck is on your side with that one!

pixiesmimi
08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Where do you go to prepurchase the CD?

robyn221
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
To prepurchase a photo cd click http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx.

Robyn:mickey: