PDA

View Full Version : any chance of DLR opening early?

disneylandrea
06-01-2007, 07:43 PM
VERY unfortunately, I am visiting DL/DCA next week for five days. This is when the Disney Land Railroad is still scheduled to be closed! Bummer, we leave the day it reopens!! Does anyone know if there's a chance it might open early? Are early re-openings typical for Disney refurbishments, or are they usually late? HELP! DLR is one of my favorites :confused:

frozman
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Pirates opened a week early form it's refurb when I was at WDW last summer.

With refurbs, it's been my experience that if the ride is ready, it will simply reopen. It seems to me that they usually use the "wait time" principal with refurbs. Where, if the wait is 20 minutes, the posted time will be 25 minutes so that if there is a minor problem unloading, no one will complain. However, if the wait is 20 minutes and they post 20 minutes, but there is a small problem delaying the wait 10 minutes, there might be some complaints.

So, if they feel the refurb will take 25 days, they might announce it taking 27-30 days just to be safe, no one will complain if their favorite attraction opens early. However, if their refurb goes over, there will be all these complaints about "we pushed our trip back 2 days so we could get on my sons favorite ride when it reopened."
Thing with the railroad though, is that I don't think they closed it for a refurb, but isn't it closed to allow equipment to get to the nemo subs?

Off topic
My sister and I sort of got clobbered on this with Splash Mountain at DL this January. When the trip was booked, there was no announcement of it being closed. Then, about a month or so before we were to leave, they announced it being closed for all but the first 2 days of our trip, I was a little annoied, but figured DL/DCA had plenty of great attractions, and so long as I at least got on this ride a couple times during the first 2 days, I'd be fine. Well, guess what, a week before we were to leave, they announced that the refurb was being pushed up a day, so that left the first day. Because of that, our first day revolved around Splash Mountain, and, one of my favorite attractions at WDW is one of the least memorable experiences from my DL trip, since so much happened between that 1st day and departure.

disneylandrea
06-02-2007, 01:42 AM
thanks a bunch; although you may be right - I don't know what the reason is for it being closed. I just saw it on the refurb list on Intercot & the information that was given to us from AAA. Does anyone know what the specific reason for DisneyLand Railroad's closure is??

tinkwest
06-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Don't plan on it being open, but if it does open early it will be a happy surprise.

I believe they are refurbing individual depots as it has been on and off the refurb list throughout the year.

scoot241
06-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Got back yesterday... While I was there it seemed Main Street station was the only one under refurbishment. The other two stations just looked untouched, while Main Street had large green tarps in front of it. That's about all I could see, really. I also saw a couple of contracted construction workers go in and out of the station. The green tarps do interfere with pictures in front of the park by the Mickey flowers.