PDA

View Full Version : good eats!

disneylandrea
06-01-2007, 07:34 PM
What are the best counter-service eateries throughout DL/DCA? A favorite of mine is River Belle Terrace, but I'm sure there must be others that compare. Any favorites? Crowds, atmospheres, prices, variety of foods etcetera. I'm looking for something other than the same-old same-old burger and fries!

Marla
06-01-2007, 08:55 PM
My favorite counter service eatery in DL is the Bengal Tiger, second would be Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.
In DCA my favorite is The Pacific Wharf Cafe, they have a Shrimp Louie to die for!
You know I really like to talk about food..:blush:.:tink:

BrerGnat
06-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, at DL, my favorite counter services are:

-Bengal BBQ (I like the chicken and veggie skewers and the tiger tails)--the food can be eaten "on the go", but I like to stand at the high counter there, since there are NEVER tables available
-The place that sells gumbo in bread bowls in NOS (under the stairs of the Disney Gallery)--sit on the wall near Rivers of America...this meal is easy to eat without a table, it comes inside a box.
-Rancho Del Zocalo (love the chicken soft tacos platter) and I like to sit outside to eat.
-River Belle Terrace (I like the BBQ platter with chicken, ribs, cole slaw, baked beans, and cornbread). This place is SO CROWDED at high meal times, though, so go at an "off" time, like 11am or 2pm for lunch or around 5pm for dinner.

At DCA:
-Taste Pilot's Grill (love the cheddar burger, onion rings and chocolate milkshake there, also love the toppings bar; it's my #1 choice for a burger at DLR)
-My DH loves the Corn Dog Castle (walk up window, nowhere to sit)
-Rancho Cucamonga Mexican-similar to Rancho Del Zocalo, but the food is less spicy there and ALL the seating is outdoors, although some is covered. This is a walk up window.

And, although you didn't ask, I have some favorites at DTD as well:
-Jazz Kitchen Express
-Napolini

And inside the Grand Californian Hotel:
-Whitewater Snacks (near the pool...it's an EXCELLENT CS location, never crowded and they serve some great salads and sandwiches, as well as "hot grill" items)

*tinker_belle*
06-02-2007, 06:03 PM
At DLR I enjoy Rancho Del Zocalo, French Market, Blue Ribbon Bakery, and the Bengal BBQ.

At DCA I enjoy Pizza Oom Mow Mow and the Pacific Wharf Cafe.
I have yet to try Taste Pilots, on my next trip i'm there!

Cinderella_68
06-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Taste Pilot's is a must-do every trip! Their criss-cut fries are sooo good! We haven't tried anything there which we haven't liked!
Rancho del Zocalo is also a great place to eat. The beef taco salad is so good, as well as their grilled items. I do miss the bbq that they used to have when it first opened, though.
We also like the Back Door Cafe, the fish and chips are pretty good, especially when waiting for the fireworks to start.

ChipDale
06-06-2007, 02:29 PM
In DCA my favorite is The Pacific Wharf Cafe, they have a Shrimp Louie to die for!

I agree - that's our favorite in California Adventure too. Now if they would just add the white cheddar cheese soup to their menu from the Food & Wine Weekends! :tasty:

In Disneyland Park, I'd choose Bengal BBQ - love those Banyan Beef skewers! :tasty:

scoot241
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Tomorrowland Terrace had some pretty good food. The sandwiches counter always had a very short line, while the burgers and chicken side had a huge line. We actually ate at Tomorrowland Terrace both days because of the variety.

I was actually disappointed with Taste Pilots. The burger was dry and a little tough.