PDA

View Full Version : Tips for fun / funny character interaction

Disdad13
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Anybody have any good tips for having fun / funny character interactions? One of our friends gave us a few to try on our trip this September, like:

- Ask Chip n Dale if they are squirrels.
- Call Chip Dale, and call Dale Chip.
- Talk to Donald using your own Donald Duck voice.
- Ask Minnie if she got a ring from Mickey yet.

These are just a few. I'm sure there are a lot more. What are your experiences/tips?

JCDarzi
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Those are great ideas. We will have to try them on our next trip.

One of my favorite Disney moments was at Crystal Palace and Tigger flirting with me. It's amazing how much the characters can convey without any words. Even as an adult, I still get swept up in the Disney magic and get starry-eyed when I see Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Tinksmom
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
My DD loves to say "tick-tock, tick-tock" :gator: when meeting Capt. Hook. Mr. Smee is usually near by and has fun hearing that, too!

Christine
06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
My DD loves to say "tick-tock, tick-tock" :gator: when meeting Capt. Hook. Mr. Smee is usually near by and has fun hearing that, too!

That's cute. One year, my DD saw Hook and Smee coming out for a greet from backstage. She figured she was "safe distance" from him, and started to yell, "Hook is a codfish" like they do on the movie.

He came RUNNING across the Caribbean Plaza and got her! She was terrified...it was HYSTERICAL!

TikiGoddess
06-01-2007, 07:44 PM
We took a crocodile hand puppet with us one year. Capt Hook was running around and hiding while Smee tried to protect him from the crocodile. Will do that again. :D

We've had our little ones play 'Ring around the Rosie' with the characters (you should see Donald Duck 'fall down').

I'm always looking for good character ideas -- great thread!

TikiG

beksy
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I love those ideas!! I really like the tick-tock one. We will be going in Oct to the MNSSHP and will have to try that if we get the chance! :thumbsup:

AnnetteFan
06-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Men: Tell Minnie Mouse she has nice legs. It never gets old. Flirt with her but keep it apropriate, the comment on the legs is about as saucy as you should get with Minnie. Same with other female characters like Daisy Duck or Clarabelle Cow.

When posing with Ariel, ask if she'll make a "fishy face" in the picture, she'll know what you're talking about and be thrilled to show you.

Tell Chip or Dale that you've always thought he was the cutest. I don't really recommend the squirrel comment or pretending to get their names mixed up, a lot of people ask those questions in all seriousness and it really annoys them for the most part. Chip'n'Dale are good for the ladies to flirt with because it usually starts a little fight between them.

Ask Pooh to "up down touch the ground" with you, it's really fun to watch him try.

Do the tailfeather pose with Donald, get him to turn his back to the camera and stick his tail out and shake it while you pose the same way. Very cute.

Ask Stitch to do his Elvis impression or get both Lilo and Stich to hula with you.

Having a stuffed toy or doll of the character is always a good idea. Minnie Mouse loves cuddling little Mickeys and Minnies and any character likes to admire themselves.

On the other side here are some examples of things that don't always acheive good character interaction.

Running up to a character and saying, "I'm your biggest fan" or "You're my favorite". I'm not saying not to do that or that it's bad, it just isn't a guarentee that they're going to give you special treatment considering they hear that sort of thing a lot and there's really not an easy response other than hugs.

Saying things like, "Wow I bet you're hot in there" or "Where do you look from?" or "Are you a girl in there?"

Asking really obscure questions about movies or cartoons. Some days the characters aren't going to be on top of their game and may not remember things about a sequel or prequeal about them.

Asking any kind of question that would have a complicated non-yes or no answer. Remember they can't talk so it's very hard for them to answer in depth questions.

You would think this would be common sense, but picking them up or other inapropriate picture poses like asking Minnie to sit in your lap or something. Same with asking them to hold babies or encouraging them to put your toddler on their knee. Some will do it, but they aren't allowed to so if one does it and another doesn't don't be surprised.

biodtl
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
If you are going to be there during MNSSHP, dress up as a Disney character. My friend and I were Minnie and Daisy and had a ton of fun with the characters (including Mickey going gaga over "Minnie")

little disney lovers
06-10-2007, 12:49 AM
If your a guy Minnie is happy to give you a kiss on your cheek, It makes a cute photo, Just don't do it in front of Mickey!

And Pluto just loves to give your face a big old lick!

Snow White will leave a crimson kiss on a little ones forehead. My DD wouldn't wash her face for days!

Wear a hat to see stitch, Chance are he will try to eat it!

Do the 'tough pose' with Hercules, Muscles flexed, Cute for little boys!

Take Ariel a fork to brush her hair with, It starts a great conversation while your kids will have to explain what it's really for.

That's all I have for now, probably nothing new, But cute reminders all the same!

:mickey:

mtown71
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all these great tips! I will have to try a couple next time I go.
When my sis & I went last Dec. we wore Christmas hats one day in MK. We went to pose with Chip & Dale & they wanted to wear the hats. The pic turned out so cute. Then, later on, we met Breir Fox & he tried to eat my hat. I didn't know it at the time but the pic was too funny! Also, when we met Chip & Dale in Epcot, we danced with them. They can really bust a groove!:party:

tink210
06-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Wear a shirt with Mickey Mouse VERY clear on it, and see Donald!!!

:donald: :mjump:

Last year - my then 8 year old sister wore a shirt with only Mickey on it, and we were in Animal Kingdom. We went to Camp Mickey Minnie, and saw all of the characters, including Donald. Well - she went to go take her picture, and right before we took the picture, Donald holds up his hands in a 'time-out' position. My sister was like...what? Donald takes her hands and crosses them in front of her shirt, covering up Mickey. Donald started making a bunch of different poses while we took pictues - such as pointing at him, and holding one finger. The attendent said to everyone in line, as you can see - Donald likes to be #1 around here!!

It was so cute!!! I hadn't even thought about Donald not liking to have Mickey on a shirt, but it makes sense.

SO - that's my tip.

wedway fan
06-12-2007, 02:34 PM
great thread! thanks for all the good tips.

always great to wear a character hat, whether you're an adult or a kid. characters will "steal" it, twist it, remove it and mess your hair up. kids love that.

and make sure your kids are polite- mine always seem to get an extra second or two because they won't push their way to the front, then use their manners when it's their turn. truly feel that the characters notice that.

chicklittlemom
06-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Anybody have any good tips for having fun / funny character interactions? One of our friends gave us a few to try on our trip this September, like:

- Ask Chip n Dale if they are squirrels.
- Call Chip Dale, and call Dale Chip.

It's funny you mentioned these! We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I truly could not tell Chip and Dale apart. I kept calling them the opposite. The characters made such a commotion about it! The kept coming over and teasing me! In pantomime, they kept trying to show me the difference (# of teeth, color of nose). I still couldn't keep them straight. My kids laughed so hard.

Love this post! Would love to hear any other ideas!

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Like my sis (mtown71) said, we wore out Christmas hats when we went (mine was the Santa Stitch, hers was the Santa Mickey) and characters had fun with them all day. When we met Peter Pan and Wendy Pan looked at me and said "Stitch is eating your head".. it was really funny. I wore a Stitch shirt several days and had a Stitch lanyard thingy hanging from my fanny pack and I guess it let him know I liked him cause it seemed I always got special attention from him each time I met him. I accidently mixed Chip and Dale up and it did cause a bit of a scene with them! Quite funny!

indytraveler
06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
My 4 year old at the time told Cru Ella De Vil that he was going to make sure she wasn't going to touch any more puppies. She heard puppies and went into Cru Ella mode and started "searching". My DS was scared for any puppies and started to scold her. Wish I had video running instead of still pictures. Made for some interesting interaction.

We like to take pictures with more villians b/c they are easier to tease.

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
You can take Pooh a small honey from one of the counter service fixin's bars. We did this last year and Pooh got so tickled I didn't think he would be able to compose himself!!:pooh::funny:

Blue Genie
06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Well I always were different Disney character shirts and the one I have may up for me gets the most out of them all. But on June 7th of this year I really got the Fairy Godmother going. I had on my Capt. Hook shirt that I got from the Disney store and when I when up to see the Fairy Godmother before I step foot up to her she said to me. Pirates Pirates you have on a villian shirt u like villians. I said no only Capt. Hook was my favorite villian. Then she said then who else do you like. I told her Princess Aurora and Cinderella. Before I could tell her my other favorites she said Aurora ? She had 3 fairyies doing her dress where I was the only one that did Cinderella's. So when we got are picture taken I when to the Photo store in Main Street and of chourse I didn't see what she was doing but this is what she did in the picture with me.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Big%20Photos/?action=view&current=22.jpg

I couldn't believe it. I was like what did she do.

mrsgaribaldi
07-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Well I always were different Disney character shirts and the one I have may up for me gets the most out of them all. But on June 7th of this year I really got the Fairy Godmother going. I had on my Capt. Hook shirt that I got from the Disney store and when I when up to see the Fairy Godmother before I step foot up to her she said to me. Pirates Pirates you have on a villian shirt u like villians. I said no only Capt. Hook was my favorite villian. Then she said then who else do you like. I told her Princess Aurora and Cinderella. Before I could tell her my other favorites she said Aurora ? She had 3 fairyies doing her dress where I was the only one that did Cinderella's. So when we got are picture taken I when to the Photo store in Main Street and of chourse I didn't see what she was doing but this is what she did in the picture with me.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Big%20Photos/?action=view&current=22.jpg

I couldn't believe it. I was like what did she do.

The link didn't work, can you do it again please?

IloveDisney71
08-04-2007, 09:46 PM
It's funny you mentioned these! We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I truly could not tell Chip and Dale apart. I kept calling them the opposite. The characters made such a commotion about it! The kept coming over and teasing me! In pantomime, they kept trying to show me the difference (# of teeth, color of nose). I still couldn't keep them straight. My kids laughed so hard.

Love this post! Would love to hear any other ideas!

My husband and I ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern and he told Chip (or Dale - I don't remember which one it was) that he was afraid of characters. Well, that really got Chip going! When he came back around to our table area, he hid behind the wall that was behind my husband and tapped my husband on the shoulder and then hid. He did this a couple of times and then jumped out to "scare" my husband. It was really funny.
I read a tip somewhere to help that helps me remember how to tell Chip and Dale apart. Chip has a black nose, like a chocolate CHIP! :)

kakn7294
08-04-2007, 11:41 PM
When the characters strike a pose, strike a similar pose - I have one with DH with either Chip or Dale (can't remember which one) with their arms crossed on their chests. It's so funny because they look like they belong on the cover of a rap album. Once I made the mistake of asking Max why he wasn't in school during the day - it was the middle of summer and he flipped out about it being summer. It's great how they can communicate without talking at all!

ImagiAsh
08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I've had so many fun character interactions. I don't have many "tips", but perhaps you can pick some up in my examples:

1) Dad forgot who Alice in Wonderland was. We happened to bump into her while no one was around and my Dad goes, "Oh. That's uh... hmm.. what's her name?" Alice heard this and immediately went off on an angry rant on how my Dad should know her name by now because he looks like an avid Disney vacationer. She even refused to take a picture! Finally, I talked her out of it and she smiled through the picture and then stuck her tongue out at my Dad right after. She was hilarious. :laughing:

2) Oddly enough, Wendy and Cruella were doing photos and autographs together just inside the entrance of MK. I happened to be wearing one of those Goofy Pirate hats that day and when I stepped up to take a picture with them Wendy took several steps away from me and asked if I was a good pirate or a bad pirate? I looked at Cruella who was clearly giving me the evil eyes and I said, "well, I can be both!" Wendy giggled, but Cruella questioned, "Both? That can't be possible." I leaned over to block out Wendy from hearing it and said to Cruella "I really enjoy being a bad pirate much more." She grinned and then I turned to Wendy with a huge smile. I took a happy picture with Wendy and a cool evil-looking picture with Cruella. :cool:

3)Go for your 20 or 21st birthday and let the characters know it. Goofy was so excited to hear that I turned 20 that he frantically motioned for a pen and then wrote down on the table cloth (this was at Cape May breakfast) "one more year!" I started joking with him that I'd take him out to Pleasure Island with me next year and as he placed his arm around me, Dale heard (and saw) and put his fists up as if to fight Goofy over me. It was pretty funny. I had both of them slide onto the bench sitting on either side of me. I felt loved-ha!:D

Wolf
08-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Ash! Thank you for telling me that! I'm going in Jaunary for my 21st birthday! Cant wait!

Character Wizard
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Now you all know I'm gonna step in and share some tips myself.

*Minnie Mouse: Like everyone says, if Minnie flirts with you, do the same thing back, and not in front of the Main Mouse Mickey...already have gotten in trouble with him for that.:mickey:

*Pluto: Scratching his ears and rubbing his snout will always make him happy.

*Queen of Hearts: This is one I don't enjoy dealing with, but just stay on her good side...that's all I have to say.

*Tigger: Wear protective gear for your safety, he can get extremely wild!

*Prince John: Do everything you can to make fun of how much of a loser and phony he really is until it reaches for a limit.

*Ariel: Well, all I can say is, if you guys out there look alot like Prince Eric like me, you can bet you will get extra special attention from her...works everytime for me.:heart:

*Woody & Buzz: If you own a 'Mr. Potato Head picks his nose' shirt like I do, than you will knock these guys silly.

Wolf
08-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Now you all know I'm gonna step in and share some tips myself.

*Prince John: Do everything you can to make fun of how much of a loser and phony he really is until it reaches for a limit.

I love all your suggestions but I gota ask! Where can you find Prince John cause he ranks up there with Malificient for me on the favorite list!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Okay, so back in 1997 my sister spotted a Storm Trooper walking past Star Tours. She was only about 10 years old. She was getting all the characters to stop and take a picture with her.

She asked the ST nicely to stop, but "in character" it kept walking.

She asked again, and it just kept walking.

Finally she bellowed out, "LOOK! We came all the way from Winnipeg, Canada and the LEAST you could do is stop and take a picture for us!"

The ST stopped, turned around, posed, my sister went beside it, and when the picture snapped it kept on walking.

My sister with a HUGE smile on her face said "Thank you!"

It was toooo funny. My sister tamed a Storm Trooper! :D

Chris :hatter:

cheshirekitty
08-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Aug. my DS wore two swords in a pirate belt. The CM and character fun that ensued was amazing. Everywhere we went they would "snatch" one of his swords and challenge him to a duel. We have amazing video footage and pictures but nothing could ever truly capture the amazement and then grin on his face with the first duel.:mickey:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
:mickey: I LOVE ALL OF THE TIPS I'VE READ...BUT I MUST GIVE CREDIT TO MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER...SHE WORE A SHIRT THAT SAID "NO PHOTOS PLEASE"...THIS WAS AN ABSOLUTE HIT WITH EVERY CHARACTER WE ENCOUNTERED, INCLUDING THE STUNT ACTOR WHO PLAYED INDIANA JONES.

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN