View Full Version : Black Flips & Water Park - Ice Gator

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-01-2007, 10:22 AM
On sale today in the Emporium are Black Flips and a Water Park Ice Gator pin

Black Flips ---> 250 credits
Ice Gator Pin--->500 credits

WDWfanatic742
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Frozen Palm Tree Chair Color Blue (http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/725/frozenpalmtreeta2.jpg) - Shrunken Ned's Shop

So this is how the month will start out :rolleyes:

JPL
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I can see this will be an exciting Month :sleepin::sleepin::down:

janmathatter
06-01-2007, 11:18 AM

At least you get to go to WDW, so don't complain too much.

LittleDragonErin
06-01-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm with you on that one.

But maybe we'll finally see the seagull post, pink typhoon crate, yellow blizzard chair and such in the stores this month...

Hah! Wishful thinking, I know.

chrisb26
06-01-2007, 11:47 AM

I also agree with you. It appears this is actually Water Park Month looking at some of the events and then the name of the pin which I might add is very lame ( Water Parks - Ice Gator) what is with that anyways?

If it is water park month wouldn't that be the second month in a row that VMK has repeated?

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't know :confused:... I like the Frozen Palm Tree Chair and it's good to get another color of flips. Pins never do much for me but I can't see writing off the month after 1 day.
Maybe instead of having a theme month and using the entire month to release new themed items they should try releasing it all at the beginning of a month and generate some excitement around them. As it is now we wait for most of the month to get the items and as soon as we do it's on to the next theme.

chrisb26
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Don't get me wrong I do like the new things I think that pin is very neat. I just don't like the name of it. The chair is also very cool. The flips are alright don't wear them that much but its cool.

I was just saying it would be nice to make a new theme of a month insted of using one they already used.

I also agree with you about releasing everything at the start of the month. People like to make rooms themed to the month and if they release it all at the end well then making a room themed to that month is pointless and wont really work.

Patricia
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Black flips!! OMG!

Little patti will be in flip heaven! :cool: Now if they would add a black skirt, she'd be over the moon.

I have to say, the tree is adorable, but I agree it would be nice to be able to actually finish a room during the themed month.

And.. where are the ride rooms for Alice and Pan? :confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Tree is cool (Thanks fan for the pic). Finally a Gator pin, although its not really related to Gator Waiter, is it? :(

Black flips are nice, but they aren't a phenomenon or anything. I hope they come out with white flips, too. ^_^

RaspberryRed
06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like it all.
But it seems to me as if the themes are getting repetative =|.
I wish they could come up with something new/creative, or something that isn't so similar to the other monthes we've had. Honestly, I haven't been too impressed with any of he themes lately, but they do have some rad stuff.

Patricia
06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
mickeytinkerbellprincess, the gator pin is "Ice Gator", he is the mascot at Blizzard Beach in WDW. Gator Waiter was based on the jazz playing gators at the Port Orleans swimming pool.

bigpapiortiz34
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Anhhh, I don't think its TERRIBLE. I like the chair, the pin, and the black flips. I mean, what could they have done more? We're also having a ride-a-thon this month. That's something to look forward too (okay, okay, maybe not...)! I know that they are not the most exciting things in the world, but just think about all of the cool things that could be released later in the month (like some of the things Little listed below). We could have a few quests here and there too! Poor Yavn is trying his hardest :)

WDWfanatic742
06-02-2007, 07:24 PM
It's not the items but the theming of the month. We've already had this month last year. Two straight month's that we have had a repeat theme month.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
mickeytinkerbellprincess, the gator pin is "Ice Gator", he is the mascot at Blizzard Beach in WDW. Gator Waiter was based on the jazz playing gators at the Port Orleans swimming pool.

Ah I see. Thanks, Patti :thumbsup: And thanks also for the picture! :)

*tinker_belle*
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
The funny thing is that they have SO MANY Disney themes to go off of. There are so many Disney movies, rides, etc. that they could have endless themes every month for years. I DO NOT appreciate the water park stuff. What does that have to do with anything...
I'd like to see some Pixar merchandise make its way into VMK.

RenDuran
06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I hope they come out with white flips, too. ^_^

They'll come out after Labor Day and we won't even be able to wear them!;)

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
They'll come out after Labor Day and we won't even be able to wear them!;)

:rotfl:

Patricia
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
I hate to be a reality check all the time, but what better time for them to advertise their water parks? I imagine any new people to VMK will love the theme, I know all my kids (new to the game this year) do.

Anyhoo.. it gives us some new things to have in the water park rooms. I think the tree is cute and am looking forward to whatever else might crop up over the month.

The reason we've had two pirate months is there has been two pirate movies released.. and who doesn't love a pirate?

:pirate:Arg!:pirate:

For the sake of my kids, I love the new web safety lessons Incorporated into the quests. Kudos to the VMK staff! :thumbsup:

Finch
06-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I like the design of the Gator Ice Pin, since it is different from the rest. But what is aggervating is that we already had the Waterslides/Water Park month if I remember correctly.

I was hoping that it would be something more original and something that we didn't already have. At least there is a themed month and not an extended month :).

-- Finch