PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Lunch to the Parks

Hoboken_NY
06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
My kids have food allergies and are picky eaters. I often find it easier to pack a light lunch and supplement it with fries or something when we have to eat out. Will it be a problem to bring snacks, etc. into the MK or other theme parks?

Thanks,
Mike P.

Piglet822
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
When my son was younger we used to bring a small cooler with snacks and things. Security will check it for glass or alcohol containers.
I wouldn't recommend bringing one of those huge rolling coolers. That might not make it through the gate :)

goofysbabe
06-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I always take snacks/food/drinks into the parks. There have been times that we have just sat down to see a show and my little darlings start yelling for a snack or a drink so it's really nice having something on hand. I've also noticed other people around us enjoying sandwiches from "home". Like the previous poster stated they mainly check for glass & alcohol.

BelleBeauty
06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I believe you can take in a smaller cooler - just not anything that is huge and rolling. Also no glass or alcohol. The best bet if you are bringing a meal is to pack lunch, then leave it in one of the lockers until later.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
We always bring snacks and I bring my own Pepsi too. And water too of course. And we never had a problem. The guards joke about joining us later. As stated though, no glass or alcohol.

minnie1956
06-01-2007, 09:20 PM
ypu "Pepsi" people crack me up. Of course, us self respecting "Cokies" have no problem getting our libation of choice in the "World":D

True Disney Fan
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
:mickey:We have a concern with food allergies on the grandchildren as I know some guests have to consider as well. We pack light but something. I have found that fresh oranges,grapes, or apples, sliced and in baggies are good. They keep little ones happy and provide moisture to them as well. Keep water handy or perhaps a nutrant bar or sandwich that will survive heat.:thumbsup:

Don't overload unless you want to check in a locker and go back for when ready. Dragging coolers and large backpacks thru out the park can become clumsy and uncomfortable to keep up with.Keeping up with the children and the camera can be enough..

Enjoy..;):mickey:

DawsonAR
06-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I have a child with special need and we always pack snacks for her. Security has never even questioned the snacks. We don't take a lot of stuff but enough for her to get through the day.