PDA

View Full Version : The View- will you continue to watch ?

gueli
05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Just curios, I have occasionaly watched the view- & I certainly enjoyed it more w/ Rosie O'Donnel- I found it more provocative...But with the recent "Fight" and her choosing to leave- will this affect Your Viewing the View ?
Thank You
:pirate:

PS- Please note- feel free to state your likes & dislikes- but try to keep from character bashing, I would hate to have thread removed.:thumbsup:

Emily
05-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Well since I work during the day, I never watched this show regularly (not worth TiVo'ing). I did TiVo episodes here and there if there was someone appearing as a guest on the show that I wanted to see. But what I've seen of it, I never liked. They've had way too many personalities on that show that I didn't like, the list is long! But I'll just say I think Rosie leaving is a good thing and leave it at that. I can't believe some of the things that have come out of her mouth. :shake:

DisneyGiant
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I am a big Rosie O fan - and now get my fix of her on her blog. He new book coming out in the fall, Celebrity Detox, should be very interesting....

I have watched the View since it started, because I am a talk show junkie, and will probably continue to do so - though, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I did when Rosie was there.

disneydeb
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
I never did find it very interesting to watch people tell me their view when I am so strong-minded on my own. :D I'll continue not watching .
Since I teach, I could only watch on my breaks during the year anyway.

goofiecrazy
05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Can someone give me the link to her blog I cant find it anywhere..

Carol
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Nope. I never watched before this year and have not watched since last Wednesday. It's off from my TiVo regardless of who the guests are. I cannot stand Elisabeth. :ack: I love Joy but not enough to tolerate EH.

Can someone give me the link to her blog I cant find it anywhere..Just google 'Rosie' and the site will come right up.

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2007, 05:31 AM
I only started watching because I enjoy Rosie so much. I have already removed from my DVR recording list. I will miss seeing Joy, but as much as I loved Elisabeth on Survivor, I do not enjoy her on this show.

DisneyGiant
06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Nope. I never watched before this year and have not watched since last Wednesday. It's off from my TiVo regardless of who the guests are. I cannot stand Elisabeth. :ack: I love Joy but not enough to tolerate EH.

I can't stand Elisabeth either. And not because she's got views opposite my own -its the way she talks or screeches...... or the way she appears to be so intolerant of people different than herself. Her bringing up the Donald in that argument was such a low blow.......

Theres an amusing website out there - fire<insert her whole name here> dot com. I think its pretty funny. Its not going to bring Rosie back - but I guess its a way of people venting their annoyance......

PirateLover
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I can't stand Elisabeth either. And not because she's got views opposite my own -its the way she talks or screeches......

So if Rosie had Elisabeth's voice, you wouldn't be able to stand her either?

I'm not really a fan of Elisabeth either. I think she doesn't often defend her positions clearly, and can be a little whiny... but she has been Rosie's whipping girl since Rosie came on board and it's about high time she fought back instead of whimpering into her corner. Bringing up Donald was a little weird, but on the whole I think Elisabeth was correct. If Rosie wants to make controversial statements, she needs to be able to defend them herself.

I was never a daily watcher of the View but I can't say whether or not I'll tune in until I know who the replacements are. Oh and for everyone that can't stand Elisabeth, don't forget she'll be going on maternity leave anyway.

tinkerbelle75
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I had a post deleted already for saying this,but I will try again.
Good Riddance,Rosie.
I have no problem at all with views opposite of mine,as long as the person having them has a clue what they are talking about.This does not apply to Rosie.It seems that her feud with Donald Trump gave her a lust for publicity, so she just started spewing trash out of her mouth to get some more.She is a hateful person and I think that she did Disney a favor by leaving early.

NotaGeek
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I had a post deleted already for saying this,but I will try again.
Good Riddance,Rosie.
I have no problem at all with views opposite of mine,as long as the person having them has a clue what they are talking about.This does not apply to Rosie.It seems that her feud with Donald Trump gave her a lust for publicity, so she just started spewing trash out of her mouth to get some more.She is a hateful person and I think that she did Disney a favor by leaving early.

Your previous post was deleted because it didn't belong in that thread. You can say whatever you want here, as you are entitled to YOUR view.

Rosie has her own View. She was paid to talk about that View. It seems to me that of all the celebrities, Rosie has the least lustful need for publicity. She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about. She gives more money to charity then just about any TV personality and the View has already gone back to its boring un-original prior show.

Let's see if The View gets a Daytime Emmy nomination next year, and since ABC was originally offering her a 6 year contract to renew, it seems they loved the money her presence on the show created.

Believe it or not, I am not a die-hard Rosie fan, it was just nice to have someone on television that wasn't afraid that their standing up for what they believe in was less important than their career.

Marker
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Didn't watch it before, don't plan to watch in the future.

Watching the hosts, regardless of who they are, sit there and squabble is just not entertainment to me.

I'm sure they don't just sit and squabble all the time, but they do it enough. I just don't find it entertaining or informative.

DisneyGiant
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
So if Rosie had Elisabeth's voice, you wouldn't be able to stand her either?

Yeah - probably. ;)

PirateLover
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah - probably. ;)
Haha, alright then, that's fair :thumbsup:

She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about.

Hey Michael, I have to disagree with you a little bit here. There are a lot of people out there that say the same things Rosie does. Just looking at the View itself, she tended to get more support on her views from the other hosts than Elisabeth did. Hollywood is full of people who believe Bush is the devil and that the war was all a big scheme etc. She just had a larger platform.

MNNHFLTX
06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I watched The View sporadically before Rosie came on and I'll probably watch sporadically now that she's gone too--but I did watch it more this past year with Rosie on. I do think she made the show much more interesting.

Scar
06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Didn't watch it before, don't plan to watch in the future.

Watching the hosts, regardless of who they are, sit there and squabble is just not entertainment to me.:ditto:

Even if they all had the same political view as mine, I can't handle listening to four women gab.

:hide2:

(My wife has 3 sisters... I have experience. ;) )

d_m_n_n
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I never really watched before, but a friend kept trying to convince me. I tried, really I did, but sometimes it just got so far out of control with everyone speaking at once that it drove me nuts. :thedolls: I've still been watching some, and I have to say I enjoy it more now that Rosie is gone, especially when Whoopi's there (and I don't even care for her that much!). It seems like the hosts are still expressing their opinions, but they aren't having to yell over the others to be heard.

And IMHO Rosie was so opinionated and is so passionate about her beliefs that if anyone didn't agree with her, she wasn't going to let them be heard. Sometimes people have to agree to disagree, but I don't think that's possible for her.

T-Belle
06-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Rosie has her own View. She was paid to talk about that View. It seems to me that of all the celebrities, Rosie has the least lustful need for publicity. She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about. She gives more money to charity then just about any TV personality and the View has already gone back to its boring un-original prior show.

Exactly my feeling!! I watched The View occasionally before Rosie. I won't watch it anymore.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I only ever caught "The View" here and there throughout the years. I absolutely hate Elizabeth and watched because I love Rosie. Rosie brought flare to the show and I'm proud of her for being outspoken and she isn't afraid to voice her oppinion....loudly (like me). I probably will pass it over now that she is gone.

cetacean01
06-06-2007, 09:53 AM
As a blue blooded die hard LIBERAL I can honestly say that I cant stand Rosie. I met her when she had her own show and she was just a mean person to everyone. I do subscribe to many of her views (equality for all, end the war, etc.) but I hate that she thinks of herself as a spokesperson for the left.

Now as much as I dont like Rosie-multiply that by 100 and you have my feelings on Elizabeth.

Long story short.....................Not gonna watch it either way! LOL:cool:

Disney Babe
06-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't watch The View often for the same reasons that some others have stated here. It is, in fact, the publicity that has reeled me in at times to check it out. So, maybe Rosie was good for The View ratings-wise.

I used to watch more often when Star was on. I didn't like what happened with her, how she had to leave. I refused to watch after that. But then I became interested in watching to see what Rosie would be like. I used to love her old show.

IMHO, she just took over The View. I stopped watched because of that. Price is Right is opposite The View in my area and I have come to prefer that. But would check out The View now and then when there was a guest I was interested in - or just to see what all the fuss was about.

I think that the "moderator" position on that show since Rosie came on has been used as a bully pulpit. The moderator is there to bring up topics or talking points, which I'm sure were decided before hand, and to facilitate the discussion and change topics when it is time to move on. Rosie shouldn't have been given the moderator role. She's too opinionated. For that role she should have said her view and then hung back more. Whoopi is a way better moderator. She says what her view is and stands by it, but respects others and allows them to talk.

I don't have a problem with Elisabeth at all. I don't agree with her political views, but I think she respects and loves our country and she stands up for what she believes in. I love that about her. As far as how she presents herself, I am okay with that - it's the whole gang of gaggling females that gets on my nerves. I don't even care that much for Barbra when she is on that show.

Joy is the only one who is different. I totally love Joy. I think she should have her own talk show. And Kathy Griffin was wonderful on The View. I think I'd just rather watch those two doing stand up, than to watch almost anyone in the format of The View.

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Eveyone is entitled to their opinion, Rosie is no exception to that. However, when someone says things as unbelieveably ignorant as Rosie (edited per TOS), then I no longer care to listen to their opinions as they are likely equally ignorant.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Joy is the only one who is different. I totally love Joy. I think she should have her own talk show.

Agreed! She's great!!!

Ms.Disney
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I will never watch the show with out Rosie .I am 21 years old and Rosie has been a great romodel for me just about my whole life, I have grown up watching her movies and her show everyday shes the real deal. If your a Rosie fan like me and miss seeing her everyday check out her blog.

DisneyGiant
06-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I will never watch the show with out Rosie .I am 21 years old and Rosie has been a great romodel for me just about my whole life, I have grown up watching her movies and her show everyday shes the real deal. If your a Rosie fan like me and miss seeing her everyday check out her blog.

Rosie's blog is the best - isn't it? She just tells it as she sees it. And the video blogs are sometimes hysterically funny.