PDA

View Full Version : Favorite restaurant to do with Fantasmic Dinner Package?

Mary Chase
05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
We would like to do the fantasmic dinner package when we go to Disney in late nov/early dec basically due to the fact that I can't stand to wait in the incredibly long lines for fantasmic. However, I'm not really wild about the two restaurants Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's - I haven't eaten at either of them but the menus don't sound all that great to me. Am I wrong about these restaurants? What do other people think of them? I'm considering the Brown Derby, but I hate to use two TS's (we're doing the dining plan) on it unless the other two are as bad as I think. I actually shouldn't say "bad" because I don't think any of the Disney restaurants could be "bad" - but I'm struggling with which restaurant to choose. Any opinions? Thanks!

GreenBeetle
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Each time we've done the Fantasmic! dinner package we've eat at H&V. The buffet offers tons of choices, so I don't think anyone could walk away from there hungry. I think the food there is quite good.

J9
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I personally would choose Mamma Melrose's. That is my absolute favorite restaurant in MGM. I'm not a big fan of Hollywood and Vine. The flatbread pizzas at Mamma Melrose's are TO DIE FOR

Kate In Wonderland
05-31-2007, 09:07 PM
The flatbread pizzas at Mamma Melrose's are TO DIE FOR

Ooohhh I'll have to try that! It's been a while since I've been to Mama Melrose's, but that pizza sounds yummy!

I've never done the package with Fantasmic, so I can't really answer the question, but I've eaten at H&V and they had a good selection (and obviously I've eaten at Mama Melrose's, but it's been a while. It's been a while for Brown Derby too...).

BelleBeauty
05-31-2007, 09:11 PM
We've tried for Mama Melrose's both times we've done the package, but it seems to be the first choice of the 1 credit options because there are usually only very very early seatings available. I would suggest MM first.

H&V is still a good option if you are intent on doing the package. Frankly, we still arrive just as early with the package. It just takes you to another entrance. There is reserved seating, however I don't feel that it is the best seating in the house, and since everyone does the package now it gets just as crowded.

I don't like any of the MGM dinner choices. My suggestion, plan to arrive early whatever your entrance and use some snack credits while waiting out the show time.

SBETigg
05-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Hollywood Brown Derby was very good for us. We really enjoyed it. I would suggest choosing that and doing it out of pocket, or look over all your dining choices and decide to do one out of pocket to work it out. I haven't tried Mama Melrose but the Brown Derby was well above and beyond Hollywood & Vine (which we really did not like). Mama Melrose might be good, though. I don't know.