PDA

View Full Version : New to disney

almccart
05-31-2007, 04:20 PM
:mickey:
This is my very first time at disney world. I was picking places to eat and i can not make up my mind. Any suggestions where to and not to go to eat. I am staying at the pop resort and will there for 5 nights!! It will only be me and my husband. We are wanting to pick from the list of table service meals that are included in our package.

disneydrmr
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
First - WELCOME :welcome: to Intercot! Ok... you dont' really give much info - as in, if you are traveling with children or not... but in Character meals I say DO NOT miss 'Ohana (at Poly - meal with Lilo and Stitch), Liberty Tavern in the MK (thanksgiving dinner, colonial style with Mickey & Co.) and Chef Mickey's (at the Contemporary) Other stand outs that aren't character meals that I can vouge for are, well, 50's Prime Time... um, that's it for my personal experience as I mostly ate character meals when I was there... quick counter service that I enjoyed was Columbia Harbour House. Alot of Intercotees go nuts for Le Cellier and Boma. Hope this helps you at least a little bit.

Tinkerbellfan
05-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello,

Your first Disney world trip - get ready for a real treat.

How many are in your party? Will any kids be with you? Are you looking for expensive, moderately expensive or on the cheaper side restaurants. And, are you looking just for dinner or breakfast and lunch suggestions too?
And, will you be on the Dining Plan?

Disney World has so many dining options that answers to these questions will help everyone give you the very best advice.

MOJoe
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Dining at WDW is really an adventure. For many, it is as much an attraction as the Theme Parks. You can choose counter service, table service, theme park, resort, & Downtown Disney. And if you ask 10 people what their favorite is, you most likely will get 10 different answers.
That said, here are some favorites.
Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Puck's & Fulton's
Boardwalk - Hey, i love em all here
Epcot - LeCellier, Coral Reef
MGM - Hollywood Brown Derby
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House
Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace
The Resorts - California Grill, Ohana's, Boma's, and many others.
I'm sure my reply has only led to more indecision, but you really have to start trying what you believe you will like. Who knows, your favorite may end up being lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe.

maizey05
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
My favorite places are Raeglan Road at DTD, Marrakesh at Epcot, O'hana at the Poly...just to name a few. Favorite CS places are Cosmic Ray's at MK, Cantina de San Angel at Epcot, Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and Columbia Harbor House at MK. That being said, you are guaranteed a wonderful time at WDW! Take tons of pictures!:mickey:

almccart
05-31-2007, 05:50 PM
No there will be no kids,just my husband and I.

MsMin
05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
My favorites are Spoodles, on the Boardwalk, Coral Reef (yes they have more than fish), LeCellier if you want steak.
Are you on the dining plan? IF so it is a lot of food and you may even want to try a 2TS place.
dinner with a view- California Grill.
How about Counter service? there are many great ones too.

grumpycajun
05-31-2007, 06:01 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

It would be impossible to give you a "must do" list because there's so many good places to eat. One place we enver miss is Liberty Tree Tavern in MK for dinner. If you like home style turkey with dressing, baked ham, roast beef and all the appropriate side dishes, it's hard to beat. It's all served family style. Save room for the hot cobbler a la mode dessert!:thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

It would be impossible to give you a "must do" list because there's so many good places to eat. One place we enver miss is Liberty Tree Tavern in MK for dinner. If you like home style turkey with dressing, baked ham, roast beef and all the appropriate side dishes, it's hard to beat. It's all served family style. Save room for the hot cobbler a la mode dessert!:thumbsup:

Took the words right out of my mouth!! :tasty:

BelleBeauty
05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Our favorite place:

Make an ADR for the Rose & Crown in the UK Pavilion at Epcot. We usually make the ADR for 8:30pm when Illuminations (the nighttime show) starts at 9pm. Show up early (at least 30 minutes prior) and ask for a patio seat. They never guarantee it, but if you get there early enough you can usually get one. If you are seated around that time you will be able to be seated right on the water for Illuminations - the best seats available. Even if you end up seated inside, they have a special viewing patio for diners that you can use.

The food is good - traditional British fare - and the service is always the VERY best we've had in WDW. The cheese platter, mushroom app and potato leek soup is wonderful. The steak is great (if peppery). They also have yard-long beers!

LandFan
06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree with Liberty Tree Tavern.

Le Cellier (fabulous mushroom filet)
Boma (really good food, great lodge to check out)
O'hana (fun and good food)
Kona (great food!!)

are some of our other favorites!

Good luck and let us know what you pick!

Tinkerbellfan
06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Hello,

I also recommend Rose & Crown (to watch Illuminations), Bomas at Animal Kingdom Lodge(great excuse to see the Lodge), O'Hanas at Dinner (yummy, yummy, yummy) and Le Cellier (best 1 TS restaurant throughout WDW - in my opinion).

Have a blast. Your first trip to Disney - you are in for a real treat.