PDA

View Full Version : saving tips ??

goofyfan4466
05-31-2007, 12:55 PM
with gas prices so high,how do you guys save money for either gas money or souvenir money ? what little things do you do at home to save money for disney ? i've cut back on dunkin donuts coffee and my twin girls suggested we save our soda cans for extra money !! thanks for any other tips!!

crazeedizneefinatic
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
We are saving a ton this year by going for free dining in September. If it's possible try and go when they offer that. I feel the biggest expense is tickets and food anyway. During the months before we save our spare change for spending for my son. We also have one big yard sale every year. Every little bit helps. Last trip was almost fully funded from Ebay. I sell alot on Ebay, I am a SAHM. Once and awhile when your kids say "let's go to....." (McDonalds or wherever) control yourself and put aside the $15 you would have spent on eating lunch out into your Disney fund. It's hard, very hard to save money and sometimes very hard to say no to the kids. Things are priced so high anymore. A trip to the grocery store costs no less than $200. Let's not even talk about gas, it's crazy! We are fortunate enough to visit Disney often. Everytime I sell something on EBay I can almost taste that Mickey bar. Good luck saving!:mickey:

goofiecrazy
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
We have a big water jug that we have put a pic of Mickey and call it the MIckey jug and that holds all the change and sometimes dollar bills. I have also been saving money from every check and my husbands check plus I split my tip money and put half in the Disney account.SAt we are having a huge sale and I hoping to sell must of my stuff.I try to save $$ when ever possible.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I opened up a savings account and a set up a payroll deduction of $30 per paycheck. The $30 is automatically deposited into the savings account. I get paid bi-weekly so this adds up to $780 a year and I hardly notice the money missing out of my check. That money paid for our airfare and most of our hotel this year!

Bethis26fan
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
My roommate and i budget 100 every two weeks for groceries. What we have left goes in to a cookie jar. We've saved as much as 20 to as little as a 1.00 just depends on what we are doing and who is coming to visit.

simpleyred
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I put the money saved from using coupons into a jar. Grocery, oil changes etc. You would be surprised how much you save in a year. We also save our change. Good luck with your savings :mickey:

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I take money out of my paycheck every payday (I get paid bi-weekly). I started saving for our last trip (Jan 07) in March 06, so we had a nice little bundle.

This coming trip was only planned in April, so I don't have nearly as much time, so I'm trying to put a little more away each payday.

I also get some Disney dollars everytime I'm at the mall, just $5-10 worth. It's all too easy (and temtping) to dip into the Disney fund here and there, but it's MUCH harder to spend Disney dollars LOL