PDA

View Full Version : ASMovies vs POP

mulderxcoltrane
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
I have decided to book separate rooms (for 3 couples) b/c of privacy on an upcoming trip.

Now - we have booked tentatively at ASMovies b/c my son will be 2 at the time of our trip and loves BUzz LIghtyear - so we thought the decorations at ASMovies would be more enjoyable for him.
However - I seem to find posts here and on other message boards that say POP is lightyears (pun intended) better than ASMovies. Is this true? If so - is the difference enough to change our reservations?
Is there a definitive answer to whether or not the AS resorts have separate/shared buses?

CleveSJM
05-31-2007, 12:54 PM
We stayed at ASMo and liked it very much. It was early October last year and they had their own dedicated bus service the whole week we were there. I understand during low attendance they will share buses. No 100% rule there.

I'm going to try Pop in August. By September, I will be able to answer a post like this much better... :D

crazeedizneefinatic
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I have stayed at ASM for the same reason. My son was also a Buzz fanatic. We did share busses with the others, AS Music and AS Sports. We have also stayed at POP. I prefer POP better, it's just newer and the ride home was direct, we did not stop at other resorts. We love POP. They have frozen Cokes in the cafeteria and they have an awesome area from the pool just like in the parks. Water squirts from the ground. It's really cool. If your son is really into Toy Story I say stay at ASM. The outside area is awesome and he will love it. You can always try POP next time.:mickey:

BelleBeauty
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
If given the choice, I choose POP. This is only because it is newer and the food court is a bit bigger. Essentially, the values are all the same. The rooms are alike and the resort setup is alike. During lower crowds the All Stars will share buses, but it is really only a few extra minutes.

If your DS loves Buzz, that would swing my favor to staying at ASMovies (though you can't guarantee your building).

If you decide to go to POP, we love the back of the 50's jukebox building. Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th level with a "view" of Spaceship Earth. Quiet building, right next to the bowling pin pool, quick walk to the buses.

KAJUNKING
05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
we stayed at pop jan 06 and movies sept 06, i really like pop a lot more, the transportation is better, the food court i found was much better, there is an inside bar :beer: and its newer, and that is why we will be going back to pop in sept, but no matter where you stay spend the extra money on a preffered room, last sept while at movies our room was in the ducks building and the walk back at night was miserable, good luck :mickey:

maizey05
05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I posted something similar a while back. We're also considering ASMovies. I say, if your DS likes Buzz, stay at ASM.

mttafire
05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
IMHO, All star Movies is the BEST value resort.:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-31-2007, 09:02 PM
IMHO, All star Movies is the BEST value resort.:mickey:

We could not agree more!!! :thumbsup:

Pop was too big of a resort for us. Crowded all the time. (Last Sept during the FD time frame) and while the food court had a better selection it was ridiculously busy ALL the time. The buses and rooms were very similar to the All Stars. Pop may be a little fresher.
The only time we shared a bus at Movie's was when a second one would pull up after one just left. For example, if a bus for MK pulled up and filled, one would be right behind it and have people from the other AS's on it. It was really not a big deal and it never happened at the close of the parks.

We really love Movies as you can see below. You will have a great time wherever you choose!:mickey:

johnO
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
ASMovies is Great! Pop is a great place but I also found it to be very frustratingly busy in the food court. It's a mess in there and it just doesnt seem to matter when you go. The buses at ASmovies were great when we stayed there.

USCTinkerbell
06-01-2007, 12:22 PM
We stayed one night at Pop back in Feb since we decided to go to WDW one day early. The rest of our stay was at ASM. We really loved Pop and thought it was much more of a comfortable stay. The bed's were even more comfortable as our bed in ASM was hard as a brick and very low to the ground. (I think we had a handicap room )

Something funny, we were disappointed because we didn't have a fridge in our room at ASM and we lived out of our suitcase instead of unpacking(not sure why). On the day we left, I opened the dresser drawers in case my dh put something in there and lo and behold..there was a fridge in the big cabinet! ROFL I was like "That Figures!"

wilshade
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
In all reality . . . the difference between ASM and Pop is liek splitting hairs.

I love POP and stay there each time. But, I have friends who are regulars at All-Stars.

The differences are really minor and it is all about finding the resort that "fits" you best. And, the only way to know for sure is to try them.

You already have ASM booked, so relax and enjoy planning the other parts of your vacation. When you start second guessing yourself is when you set yourself up for a letdown.