PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef, Where To Sit??

crazeedizneefinatic
05-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Okay, we are trying to get some things in order for our upcoming trip in September, after all we only have 112 days left, LOL! We are eating at the Coral Reef on night for dinner. When I made my reservations I was asking the CM about getting a table in front of one of the windows. She told me not to request that since it was not a good place to sit. Now I know it's only opinion but what is yours? I would think sitting at one of the windows would be amazing! She told me top tier is better. I have never been there and will have my 6 year old with me. Any suggestions?

krose78
05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
It is a great view the only problem we had was kids kept coming around our table to look in the tank. I would say bottom level is the way to go but they have tables that are further back from the tank. But I also think you should have a good view from most seats in the restaurant.

Tiggerish
05-31-2007, 01:17 PM
If you sit in front of the glass, you will have a very close-up view of a rather limited area. The further back you are, the more "big picture" you get.

Lynn J Mc
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
We sat in a middle tier last week. My 6 YO niece was with us. She was more interested in coloring than in the fish. She only got excited when a turtle or shark came by. We had a good view and there is a card on the table to help you identify the fish but she wasn't much into it.

MsMin
05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
We requested a table on the tank our first time and had a great time. Maybe we scared the kids away I don't know :blush:
Last year we were on the highest tier and still had a great time but w/ a larger party that couldn't sit by the tank b/c of table size. I find we did focus on the tank more when we were closer and the divers intact with you.

Seasonscraps
05-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I was only there once and sat on the top tier. We had a grea.unobstructed view of the whole tank. :thumbsup: For me, sitting right near the tank would be like sitting in the front row of the movies.

Jacova
05-31-2007, 02:12 PM
We ate there just last week and sat on the top tier. The restaurant is really beautiful from that view, but you don't get the same feeling of sitting next to the tank. We were two adults, and enjoyed the experience just fine, but I think if you are with children they would rather be closer to the tank.

We did see lots of kids running around to see the fish, and even some adults getting close up for pictures. So I'd say request top tier if you want a nice, quiet dinner, and request to be next to the tank if you want a bit more excitement. :thumbsup:

future_imagineer
05-31-2007, 02:45 PM
We've sat all over the restaurant, and our favorite is by far the front row.