PDA

View Full Version : Do we need out heads examined?

mudpuppysmom
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Our family returned two weeks ago from Disney. We had a picnic at our house on Monday and friends of ours asked if we would like to go back before our youngest kids start kindergarten in the fall (one other child 4th grader). That all sounds fine.......until he hit me with:

Let's go in July!

I initially said NEVER!!!!! Then I got to thinking that it is doable, but we won't get to do the things we always get to do......plus he thought free dining was in July too.....so we're still not sure.

Dates would be mid July (around 12-18th) and we would HOPE to stay at SOG once again as we are all military......looks like SOG has no rooms though, so we'll be looking to stay somewhere!

I sent the guy an email and said it would be doable, but there would be a LOT of peeps there and it would be hotter than you know where, but we could do it and still all talk to each other afterward.

Do we all need our heads examined for even thinking of going in the peak of peak season!!!!????!!!!!!

ibrowse17
05-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Any chance to be back at Disney... In saying that, just know that it will be crowded. I mean crowded! The later in July the better, but also be ready for the heat. Being from the south, I can tell you the later in the summer it is, the worse the heat is. Plan for early mornings and late night, with a break in the middle of the day. Also, it may be a good time to try the things you always put off at WDW. If you go, have a great time:thumbsup:

tink'72
05-31-2007, 12:07 PM
You know I asked the same question a few weeks ago about going in July. GO FOR IT! Anytime I get a chance to go we go.

You just have to change how you do a few things. I would go to the parks later in the day, when the sun is down and hang out in the hotel during the day. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.

I would do it in a heart beat :cloud9:

DawsonAR
05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I would go any chance I could and at any time I could. Go and enjoy it, just take some time to relax away from the crowds and heat.

ginny57
05-31-2007, 02:16 PM
You'll be fine as long as you are realistic. Pick out your favorite attractions and make them the priority. If you manage any others....icing on the cake. Enjoy the resort adn build in relaxation time.

Pina Coladas can help to beat the heat!

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
You may not be that nuts after all : I've seen some amazing "Dings" in the past month or so for July. We're talking $29 each way! Had me considering it!

mudpuppysmom
05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Airfare was really the clincher on going in July......from PIT to MCO it's $34 each way......so even if they don't say yes, I may consider going before our AP's expire at the end of Sept..........the darn kid is going to start Kindergarten, so he's putting a crimp in my pick up and go planning I've been doing.

merlinmagic4
05-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Airfare for 68.00!!!!!!! I would go in a heartbeat!

Jen66
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Definitely go!! We got the same rate from PIT~ even with taxes it was $355.20 out the door for all 4 of us to fly NS!!!! It will be hot, but it is hot everywhere in July!

MsMin
05-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I can officially examine your head and I say if you have AP's it may be crazy not to go. It's all in your attitude and what you anticipate. Early mornings, mid-day breaks, late evenings are great in July. Go while you can..

GrumpyFan
05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Any chance to go, I would say take it!
However, you might consider looking for some touring plans, which will help you with beating the crowds. Most say to get to the parks early in the morning, before opening, then take a mid-afternoon break, and come back in the evening. Also, try to plan your days according to what the predictors say are the busiest for the specific parks. Here on Intercot, at Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp) there is a Crowds section, read up on some of the tips there.

According to When to visit (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/whentovisit.asp)
What days are historically the busiest at the Parks?
Walt Disney World parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Saturday & Sunday
Epcot: Wednesday & Friday
Disney-MGM Studios: Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday & Friday

We went a few years ago the week before 4th of July and it was quite crowded. But, we made the best of it by doing a lot of park hopping. It helped that it was just DW and I, and when the crowds got to be too much, or we had ridden everything we wanted at a particular park, we would hop to another.

KAT1811
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
If you're here there's your answer!! :mickey:

I think most of us would jump at just about any chance to be back in our beloved Walt Disney World. :mickey:

Go and have a great time!!! :mickey:

tinksmom02
05-31-2007, 10:31 PM
I'll be the pessimist and say I wouldn't do it. I HATE crowds and extreme heat, though, so those are my main reasons for avoiding the world at that time (poor DD will never celebrate her Aug bday in WDW!).

BUT, you have the AP's (which will expire whether or not you use them one more time LOL), and those airfare prices sound pretty tempting! If you go with the knowing that "yes it will be crowded, and no, we won't get everything done, but we'll have a great time anyway", you should have an awesome time!

Skip the MRI and CAT scan!

KAT1811
05-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Skip the MRI and CAT scan!

Okay I'll admit it took me a minute to figure this one out!!! :blush: :funny:

GrmGrninGost
05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
A bad day at WDW is better than a good day...well, doing anything else I can think of!:mickey: Come to think of it, is there such thing as a bad day at WDW? Go for it if it's doable!