PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef for Dinner

Dyanna
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
We have already made reservations for the Coral Reef for dinner in October. Good thing. There was only one time slot left open for the entire evening. I have heard that there is a very long wait time for a table even if you have a reservation (up to 2 hrs)as the service tends to be slow. How true is this & should we look to change to a different restaurant?

DakotaDisney
05-31-2007, 10:34 AM
I have only eaten there once and I enjoyed it. I would recomend it.

I had a reservation for an evening meal and I only waited 10 minutes if even that. And I also didn't think that the service was slow.

Now I was there in Feburary, so in a busier time of the year it might be a longer wait, but the restraunt was full when I was there.

The food was good and it was fun to watch the fish and there were some scuba divers in the tank as well to interact with.:thumbsup:

pox24
05-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry but we were a little disappointed. We left hungry. The food was good and the atmosphere with the tank incredible. However, value for amount you get, forget it. Fultons is a better choice for seafood.

SBETigg
05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
We had about a half hour wait time for our table, but then a three hour meal. I would count on a long night, but it could easily end up being a faster experience and one of your best meals on the trip. You never know.

Lynn J Mc
05-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Last week we had a 10 minute wait for our table. It is crowded and loud. The service was a little slow but not too bad.

MsMin
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Last Dec. we had barely walked in when our table was ready. Before that we might have had a ten min. wait, less than Japan by about 30 min and less than Chef Mickey. Our service has never been slow, we've gone twice. You never know how individual service can be but our experience has been great. Our meals tend to last a little over an hour maybe an hour and a half including the wait time.

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
We waited about 20 minutes, even though we arrived early. Wouldn't have been a problem, but there is almost no seating so people were sprawled out on the floor all over. The food was good, but we had terrible service. Slow, innattentive and dismissive. We were on the dining plan, during a time when it was offered free, which could have made a difference in this server's attitude.

Seasonscraps
05-31-2007, 02:15 PM
We waited about 45-50 minutes past our ADR time in on a Saturday night in December. Once we were seated, I found the service attentive but not rushed. We were never looking for our waiter but we also didn't have each course served right after each other - there was a small break in between but I enjoy that.

TBY2225
05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
We went last year in September during free dining and we were seated almost immediately. The service from then on was extremely slow 2 1/2 hours and the food was ok. The atmosphere is the only reason to go to Coral Reef. Plan on being there a long time!

satchel01
05-31-2007, 03:16 PM
We just went a couple weeks ago in May and waited maybe 5 minutes. Our service was excellent and the food even better. In fact I think it was my favorite meal in Disney to date. I'm extremely disappointed that I can't get a table when we go back in September for our honeymoon :(.
I'd keep my ADR if I were you. The reviews seem very unpredictable, but it's worth trying. I was nervous too, but very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant.

milhouse
05-31-2007, 03:41 PM
The place seems hot and cold.

We waited about 20 min past our 7:40 reservation which was unusual in the other TS restaurants. When we sat down we asked our waiter if he could serve us quickly so we could see illuminations. We walked out at 8:50 so that was cool.

Food was Ok. The Mahi Mahi was tasty. We'll probably choose someplace else next time.

GrmGrninGost
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
We went to the Coral Reef for the first time in Dec. 06. It will not be the last time! We did have to wait about 20-25 minutes, but the food was excellent and the service was very good! I also really enjoyed the atmosphere. It's not every day you can eat while watching sharks swim around!:mickey: CR is a really cool place!

snifflesmcg
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I love the Coral Reef. I have gone the past two years and I have only waited 10-15 min both times.