PDA

View Full Version : crowds in August?

markr09
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
My family and i are going for the first time at the very end of August. Has anyone gone at this time? What are the crowds like? How about the weather? It is apparantly value season at the resorts which makes me optimistic but it still is the summer. Any info would be appreciated.

MarkC
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Crowds should be very low at the end of August. The crowds reduce each week as kids return to school, so you will have no waits for rides except the major ones. As for the weather......HOT and HUMID! But it's hot and humid everywhere. Just make sure to go the parks early, take a swimming break or see indoor attractions in the afternoon, and go back to the parks in the evening. Drink water every time you go past a water fountain. You'll have a great time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2007, 12:07 PM
We have been the last couple of years at the end of August, and have found it to be great.

Crowds are very low, especially early in the morning. We didn't have any long waits, and with the use of Fastpass, really didn't wait for much of anything.

It is really hot, and humid, so taking it easy is a must. We got very good at walking through air-conditioned stores to keep cool. We had rain most afternoons, but it never lasted long enough to cause any real problems.

We loved it as a time to visit, even with the heat. You'll enjoy your trip :mickey:

merlinmagic4
05-31-2007, 04:17 PM
We went 8/19-26 in 2005 and I loved it. The crowds were low......we walked onto almost everything. We went this past April school break and honestly I prefer August. You'll have a great trip! Just drink lots of fluids and take it easy!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
My sis and her family went last year at the end of Aug. during the free dining and they almost had a hurricane and she said that Epcot was empty. They were done with everything by about 1pm.

Nekochan
06-01-2007, 07:38 AM
I went last year for the last week of August and walked onto everything. The longest wait was for Big thunder mountain - it was about 15 minutes. And my 3rd or 4th tower of terror ride there was another 10 minute wait. The rest of the time everything was walk on, unless you count waiting for shows to start at MGM. It is HOT and HUMID. I'm planning for almost every day to be in my hotel pool/waterpark/disneyquest during the day and hit the parks around 5 pm. I'm also bringing 'neck coolers' to help.

jaredkari
06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
WOW, my experience in August was way different than everyone else. We were not there the last week, it was the first week of free dining last year and the parks were PACKED!! I think the free dining along with this being vacation time for many European tourist combined to make it really crowded. Probably others are right though, the closer to the end of August you get the less crowded it will get with kids going back to school and everything.

But be warned it is HOT AND HUMID!!! Everyday my wife and I were at the opening of one of the parks and by about noon we couldn't take the heat (or the crowds) anymore and we went back to our resort and swam or slept until about 5 then headed back.

We still had a great time and the free food was awesome (I will never go back without a dining plan). I just doubt we will go back in August again. Sorry to be a downer, I am sure you will have a good time:mickey:

Donald Duck
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
it was the first week of free dining last year and the parks were PACKED!!

I'm sure it was crowded due to to the fact that it was the 1st week of free dinning and not the end of August.
The end of August will be much less crowded because as other's said Florida schools wil be open by then and the free dinning doesn't start until the 26th, I believe. We're going the 20th thru the 28th.

I'm sure it will be hot but we've gone the last 2 times in October and it was in the low 90's every day !