PDA

View Full Version : Mmnsshp ??

holyschmolly
05-31-2007, 07:49 AM
We just realized that MMNSSHP is going on one of the nights we'll be there in Sept. I understand the concept, but what exactly do you get for your money??:confused:

I'm having a hard time talking DH in to spending another $100 for tix.

We have 3 kids...DS4, DD2, and DS1.

TIA!:mickey:

biodtl
05-31-2007, 07:58 AM
It's more the experience than getting anything for your money.

You can dress up and go trick or treating in the park - they provide the treat bags and you get a ton of candy. You don't have to dress up, but it's a lot of fun.

There are a lot of characters in the park, available for photos and autographs - way more than on a non-party day.

There is a special parade and special fireworks.

And the best thing (to me) is that they limit attendance, so the lines are short. We never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a ride and most we walked right on.

Kerry823
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
My daughter (14) and I went last October. We had always wanted to go because Halloween is our favorite! We happened to have an unexpected trip with my sister and decided that this would be a great time to give it a try. The fireworks, in my opinion, were better than Wishes. I loved the atmosphere. The park has special decorations and you can dress up or not. We didn't because we didn't think of it! Anyway, the ride lines were very short, the trick or treating was fun, and it was something that was different. If I were to be there at that time again, I would definitely go.

mrp4352
05-31-2007, 08:56 AM
To me, these are the best fireworks Disney World has produced (second only to Disneyland's Remember show). There's tons of characters out everywhere - and it's so much fun to see the kids in their costumes. We're going twice this year during our September trip!

grumpyguy
05-31-2007, 09:15 AM
our first mnsshp was last sept,granted halloween is our favorite holiday,but halloween
at wdw is double the fun!!different fireworks,
the parade with an awesome ride by the headless horseman!!we stood by the bridge
near sleepy hollow at it was pretty cool.special pins,we characters handing out candy.they put
decorations around the park that adds to the atmosphere.we definitely will be making it apart of our plans next sept...GO FOR IT!!
gg out:thumbsup:

vamaggie
05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Let me first say we love MNSSHP and had a great time when we went in 04. BUT, depending on how much of night owls your kids are, you may want to skip it this time. Yes the decorations and characters are great and you don't have to wait for rides too much but it can make for a very long, sensory filled night. When we went, DS was 7 and DD 18 mos. DD konked out about 8 and I ended up back in the room with her while DH and DS stayed for the parade & fireworks. Since your kids are so young, unless they are used to staying up late and being on the go you may want to wait and use the $100 on something else.

GreenBeetle
05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
MNSSHP has become a family favorite. The whole atmosphere at MK changes - decorations, dim lights, spooky music, fog machines etc. Costumes are optional when trick or treating around the park, but some people really go all out. The Headless Horseman starts off the Boo to You Parade which is fantastic. As others have said, the fireworks are not to be missed.

If you have the chance, do it! :mpumpkin:

ghost999
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
This is goin to be our first year to MNSSHP and from what ya'll said, it sounds like fun.:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Let me first say we love MNSSHP and had a great time when we went in 04. BUT, depending on how much of night owls your kids are, you may want to skip it this time. Yes the decorations and characters are great and you don't have to wait for rides too much but it can make for a very long, sensory filled night. When we went, DS was 7 and DD 18 mos. DD konked out about 8 and I ended up back in the room with her while DH and DS stayed for the parade & fireworks. Since your kids are so young, unless they are used to staying up late and being on the go you may want to wait and use the $100 on something else.

I have to agree. We absolutely love MNSSHP and actually plan our yearly trips at this time just to be there on Halloween. However, your kids are really young and might not be able to hold out long enough to enjoy it. The first few years we went my youngest DD could not last long enough to see the fireworks and DH ended up having to leave really early with her. I stayed at the party with my oldest daughter and she kept going until the end. In fact I was dragging worse than she was. Youngest DD is older now and last year we did the Christmas party instead and she did manage to stay up late enough to enjoy everything this time. We always plan an easy day the day of the party with a long rest in the afternoon before heading to the party. I am really looking forward to it this year because she will be able to really enjoy it this time.
As far as your kids go only you know if they will be able to stay up late enough to enjoy everything. My DD was 4 the first time she went and it was just too late. She was not used to being up late though as we keep their bedtime fairly early during the school year.
I guess if it were me I would first think about if my kids could handle it and also if this is going to be a one time only trip you might not want to miss it. On the other hand if you know you will be returning in the future I might save it until they are older.
I'm not sure I was much help sorry!

emmatink
05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Tinkerfreak it looks like we might be in WDW the same time this year. Which night are you going to the party? It will be our first time going and we picked the 31st...maybe a little crazy :D We are from Georgia but my mom is flying down from Maine, maybe you will be on the same flight!

Momof2boys
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
We love the Dance parties - my youngest & I did the ChaCha Slide song with all sorts of characters last year in Fantasyland. It was tons of fun ! We've gone to WDW the last 2 Octobers and went to the Party twice each time. We've already got our tickets for 10/23 this year. Usually once we're done there, we love it so much the first time we buy tickets to another night.

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
We also will be there for the October 31st party. We go every year and believe me the Oct 31st one may sell out in advance, but mostly they all sell out sooner or later so it is just as many people at one as on another date.

I have yet to take my kids to one-this is their first. They are 3 &4. We have a DVD we ordered off ebay with the parade and fireworks on it. My DD watches it all the time. She runs around singing Boo to you- Happy Halloween over and over. So,I think she may be ready.

The Halloween Party in my opinion is better than the Christmas party. I love all the villians and Cindy's carriage in front of the castle.

emmatink
05-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Which DVD is it? I know my daughter would love it too. She will be 2 and 1/2 when we go in October. She loves to sing all the time:mickey: It's a small world is her fav.

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 11:56 PM
It is a bootleg sort of. I bought a guide book and the guy sent me a copy of the DVD with it. The seller is a legitimate guide book author who writes his own books. If you will PM me, I'll give you the site name and you can check it out.

If she likes it's a small world you should go to disneyshopping.com and order her a copy of Disney Sing Along It's a small world. It is filmed at Disneyland and they ride all the fun rides and sing some of the best songs!! Small World, Following the leader, Grim Grinning Ghosts, ect.. It looks a little dates 1990s, but my daughter loves it and Disney shopping is now shipping DVDs for FREE!!

snifflesmcg
06-01-2007, 02:07 AM
MNSSHP is one of those "you have to do it at least once" type of thing. The parade is awsome and the fireworks can't be beat. :ghost::pumpkin::blackcat:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
We are going to MNSSHP on September 14th for the first time! :party:

We were on the fence about spending so much extra on tickets for our family of 5 but, after hearing all the great things about it we decided to go.

We were at MK last year on one of the nights the party was going on. We left around 5pm since we did not have tickets for the party and were so impressed with the decorations and things that were being set up we decided that we had to go this year.

Our kids are almost 10, 7 and just shy of 4. I know Sean and Riley will do great, Taylor should do well most of the night, hopefully she won't get too sleepy.

FriendsofMickey
06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I thing MNSSHP is a definate must do at some point; however, I have to agree with the ones who said that it depends on how much of night owls your little ones are. I definately will not say that you shouldn't do it, just keep in mind your children's limitation and go from there.

We found that the crowds were high (much higher than the day crowds during this time). Which made the lines a lot longer than we would have expected. Lines for rides and for candy. I heard that the crowds lesson later in the evening, but we were not there to find out.

We ended up leaving right after the 1st fireworks, because our girls were tired (even though they did take a nap during the day - forced which was not fun for mommy or daddy).

Overall, the parade, fireworks, and characters were GREAT! We would definately do it again, but I will wait until the girls are little older. That said, we are doing the Christmas Party this year, but I already realize it will probably be similar (in that we will leave early and the crowds will be higher). We probably should have waited on it too, but you only live once right?! :mickey: And, though I doubt they will, you never know when Disney will take it away or change it.

Disney Doll
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I was also thinking that your kids might be a little young for one of these special evening parties. I like the extra stuff like the special parade, fireworks, and characters, but to me the true benefit is the limited crowds. However, if your kids get tired and you leave early you may not get your moneys worth.

Mickey91
06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
The parade is awesome. The trick or treating is great. There are costume judgings, special fireworks show, a great time to see hard to find characters, and the rides have extremely short lines. It is a great time!!! We are going for our third one this year!:mpumpkin::bat:

GrmGrninGost
06-01-2007, 11:07 PM
There is a special Halloween parade that is great! And the Halloween fireworks are out of this world! You also get to go trick-or-treating around the park, lots of candy and it's the good stuff! Also, there are a lot of hard to find characters doing meet and greet. Very cool! And, to beat it all, the ride lines are short!:mickey:

SorcererJim
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Having gone last year with my family (DS4, DD1) I will agree with the others about tired out kids... DD had to go back with grandma before the parade even (but we expected that)... DS had a near "sensory overload" meltdown right before the fireworks. Now I know, everyones kids are different. But here is a suggestion that some gave to me. The day you go to the halloween party, DON'T GO TO THE PARKS... save the day on your passes, go shopping downtown, hang around the pool, basically take it easy... you can enter the park starting around 4pm so you can still get some "regular disney magic" for a few hours before the party starts without having to use up a day on your passes.

Tips:
1. Have camera ready at the start of the parade, the headless horseman comes through pretty fast on horseback!

2. Try to get to the hub area for the fireworks so you can get the full effect of the 180 degree firework finale!

3. Check out the dance parties, the younger kids will have a blast dancing with the characters.

4. Don't eat too much candy! :mickey:

5. Have Fun!!!

SorcererJim

Last Few Trips
2007 - ??? Christmas time!!
2006 - Poly
2005 - Poly
2003 - Hilton @ DTD
2002 - AKL (4 Parks / 1 Day!)

Tinkerfreak
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Tinkerfreak it looks like we might be in WDW the same time this year. Which night are you going to the party? It will be our first time going and we picked the 31st...maybe a little crazy :D We are from Georgia but my mom is flying down from Maine, maybe you will be on the same flight!

We are flying into MCO on oct. 27th and staying at the Hyatt at MCO the first night. Then on the 28th we check in at our resort and we are leaving on Nov. 4th. We always do the party on the 31st because we just love doing it on Halloween night. We have never found it overly crowded because it has been falling on a week night so I think alot of the locals go on the weekend before Halloween. I'm sure you are going to love it. We will probably fly Jet Blue because we love the comfy seats and tv's. We looked into Air-Trans non-stop flights but they did not offer them on the days we needed them. Also we like to pick our seats at purchase time and they charge you alot more to do this.

emmatink
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
This is wonderful to know Tinkerfreak :thumbsup: We were a little worried about it being really crowded but I figured that the weekends would probably be busier with the locals. We are soooo excited about this trip.. It's all my husband and I think about!! We can't wait to see our daughter's reaction at everything. She is going to be so much fun:mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
we will be at the party for the first time on 9/21 which is the last night of our trip, and we cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iluvpooh
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
We will be at the 11-30 and 11-31 party. Our family of 4 will be dressed as Captain Hook(DH), Wendy(Me), And 2 Tinkerbells! DD3 and DD4. If you see us, stop and say hi!

r4kids
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
The only thing that has only been mentioned once is the villians! Just about all the villians you don't usually see are out. Our DD(12) went as Medusa as the Maleficent and a few other villians actually asked to have their photo taken with her. The pics are great! We really love the MNSSHP and are going again on the 28th of Sept. Of course it is a non-advance ticket price night but we really want to go. We have also done the Christmas one and really liked it, it gets you in the christmas spirit.