PDA

View Full Version : The Next Best Thing

Christine
05-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Did anyone watch this tonight?

It was pretty cute! It MAY help me survive the summer with no reality voting shows! :D

Some of those people were DEAD ON! Some were only look-a-likes. Some...well I had no idea what they were!

Anyway, if you're bored on a Wednesday night, check it out on ABC.

PirateLover
05-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Did they mention if this is available for on-line viewing? Are all ABC shows?
I saw some commercials for it and thought it looked funny, but I wasn't paying attention to the start date. I love that kind of stuff!
Is it like a contest? What is the premise?

jennbunn
05-31-2007, 12:53 AM
i saw this tonight. it was allright for a summer show that is not reruns. i liked the robin williams the best tonight lucy was also good. some of the others were sooo bad they were funny. will check it out again next week.

Christine
05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Did they mention if this is available for on-line viewing? Are all ABC shows?
I saw some commercials for it and thought it looked funny, but I wasn't paying attention to the start date. I love that kind of stuff!
Is it like a contest? What is the premise?

I came in about 10 minutes late to the show. I am not sure if it is available online (or if all ABC shows are). It is a contest...seems to have a similar set up as American Idol. They are in audition phase right now, the three panel judges decide if they "made a lasting impression" and are moving on. (they have to get 2 our of 3 votes to move on). Then they said something about it will be "our turn to vote".

i saw this tonight. it was allright for a summer show that is not reruns. i liked the robin williams the best tonight lucy was also good. some of the others were sooo bad they were funny. will check it out again next week.

I agree...the Robin Williams was teriffic! The guy who did Johnny Depp was amazing...until he opened his mouth!

Carol
06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I recorded it and watched. We enjoyed it. I really do not like Jeffrey Ross. Him as a judge is a major distraction for me. :unsure:

The prize is $100,000.

I don't think the dude that impersonated George W. Bush should have moved on. It just doesn't seem fair that he was lumped into the same category when it takes him 5+ hours to have makeup and facial prosthetics applied. No one else did that. They used their own parts and simply added costumes, wigs ..etc. How can he be an impersonator when it's not his face?? :shrug:

My favorite so far is 'Celine'.

ChipnDaleGal
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
We enjoyed it as well. Some of those were amazing. The Bono guy looked just like him, didn't sound like him so much, but still it was eerie how much he nailed the look. I also loved the Celine Dion girl and I thought the Lucy Arnez was terrific too. I don't know what some of those people were thinking when they came in to the auditions. Like who was that woman in the purple shimmery dress supposed to be. She looked like a short, stout , black Charo, but I am not sure what she was going for. :confused: Fun show - we will continue to watch for a few laughs.

DakotaDisney
06-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I saw some of the show and it was okay.

They said that one of the episodes was taped at WDW. Did anyone happen to be there and see it being taped?