PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom?

tarjaybuff
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
:confused:OK- I would appreciate any feedback or information on the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour. Please let me know the good and the bad. Thanks! :wave:

BrerGnat
05-31-2007, 12:13 AM
I went on it for the first time in February and thought it was fabulous. DEFINITELY worth the $60, especially considering it includes lunch (approx $10 value).

My tour guide was Rae and she was SO good. I feel like she's an old friend. :)

I did learn a lot of new things, although I did know quite a bit that they talked about, but it was very cool to hear about the history and actually SEE the backstage areas and stuff.

It IS a long tour (almost 6 hours) and you are standing/walking for most of it, so it gets tiring. However, if you are prepared for that, you'll be fine. Just make sure you wear very comfortable clothing and shoes, don't carry excessive amount of stuff with you, and eat a good hearty breakfast.

I won't spill too many details except to say that I have very fond memories of my tour, and will be doing the Backstage Magic tour (all the parks) as soon as I get the opportunity.

I wish I had not waited so long to take this tour.

TiggerRPh
05-31-2007, 12:22 AM
I went in May 2006....my guide was Clare. She was very good and appreciated the tour very much. I learns some things and re-enforced much of what I already knew.

I was worth the money and time invested.

jefmblrd
05-31-2007, 05:03 AM
We really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. It was fun to go around with the tour guide and listen to information about the details of the parks. But the best part was going backstage and into the utilidors. I don't want to say too much about it-just that it was fantastic and worth the money. We did the Backstage Magic Tour in April, and it was the best.

disneycouple2004
05-31-2007, 08:48 AM
We took this tour last October it was great !!
ditto to the other posts..its a bit long and your on your feet alot..but its well worth it :thumbsup:
have fun and remember :secret:
don't tell too much :D

DDuck66
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
The Good...
Excellent tour, the guide was great, learned a lot of behind the scenes info (love the garbage collection), added to the magic.

The Bad...
When they say walking tour they mean it!!! Tired and hot feet do not make for a joyous evening.

Besides that, it was great. Well worth the extra $$.

Momof2boys
05-31-2007, 02:16 PM
I've been wanting to take this tour but always felt a bit guilty about leaving the boys & hubby alone for so long during our vacation . . . but I finally booked the Keys to the Kingdom for our trip in October. The boys will be swimming & then at Disney Quest where I'll meet them after the tour. I can't wait !

drummerboy
05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
DW and I did the Keys tour a few years ago and did the Behind the Magic tour last trip. Both were well worth it. It's amazing how much goes on backstage and how much is hidden right under your nose onstage.

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
My favorite thing about our last vacation. Well worth the money!!

Brownie54
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not the original poster, but I want to thank everyone for their imput. I have decided to surprise my dw with this tour. Aniversary commimg up soo. :party:

tarjaybuff
06-03-2007, 12:59 AM
I would like to thank everyone that took the time to respond to my post/request. Your input was greatly appreciated. Thanks!:wave: