PDA

View Full Version : AKV Question

Tinkermom
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know what types of rooms will be available this fall at AKV? Are they converting the current rooms to be able to offer all of the different types of rooms listed? Or are they just creating basic studios and 1& 2 bedrooms (no Savannah views)? I do not know if DVC has even announced what types of rooms are available as I cannot seem to find this info anywhere.:confused:I tried calling Member Services but they did not have any info either.

For our February '08 trip I am specifically wanting either a 2 bedroom Savannah view or preferably 2 bedroom Concierge. What are my chances? Thanks for any info!!:mickey:

CarolMN
05-31-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm surprised MS cannot tell you what types of rooms will be available at AKV - they are already taking reservations for stays begining in September 2007. (Actually, if you were one of the first to buy there, you may even be able to stay begining in July).

There are definitely 2 bedroom savanna view units in the lodge building. As already mentioned, MS is currently taking reservations for them for stays beginning September 1 and later. There is a sketch in the recent mailing from DVC that shows the different construction schedules. Believe the DVC units in the lodge will all be done sometime in the summer of 2008.

As far as availability for February 2008 goes, your guess is as good as mine. Obviously, if you have to book with the 7 month window, your chances are not as good as those of AKV owners who can book February 2008 dates right now.

IIRC, the conceirge units will not be available until May, 2008 - but you should verify that with your guide or MS if you really want one.

There will only be a total of 5 lock off two bedroom units that have conceirge access (so a max of 10 concerige rooms if the units are all booked as studios or 1 bedrooms). AFAIK, there will be no concerige rooms in the separate DVC building (Kidani section). IMHO, unless you are an AKV owner and book day by day at the 11 month window, you have zero chance of getting a concerige room of any size for anytime of the year.

HTH.

ThanxForNoticin
05-31-2007, 12:31 PM
We have also been told concierge rooms will not be available until May, 2008. It sounds like savanna-view studios and 2BRs are the focus right now - as part of the reconstruction being done on the top floors of the current AK. In a couple years, this is going to be really nice. For now, it's going to be hit-and-miss for availability.

Tinkermom
05-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys! I had done some more checking and found out about the concierge rooms not being available until May 2008. I am bummed that they are only having 5 concierge rooms. I read that they are five 2 bdrm lock-offs meaning that there are actually 5 studios and 5 1 bedrooms. Even so I imagine the chances of getting one without being an AKV owner is just about zero.:(

Oh well, I may still try for a 2 bedroom Savannah view at 7 months out. Our next choice is to stay at the Contemporary. It is a splurge but we have always wanted to stay there and we have some extra points.:thumbsup: