PDA

View Full Version : Change of dates

terri.m
05-30-2007, 09:27 PM
We had to change our trip to Oct 25-30th. Oh well, another moon to save for cookie boats!!!

Now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a certain ice dude going to be there at the same time???

wizardmickey
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Hyeahup... Ice & the Missus will be there from the 27th (date we touch down) to the 31st (date we leave) although someone is twisting my arm trying to convince me to extend our vacation (mebbe this is why my back hurts?!?)
And what is a "cookie boat" and why are they so expensive? I need to splurge for whoever shows up... Ice Scream or Cookie Boats then?

terri.m
05-30-2007, 10:23 PM
missus ice is one smart lady! Why fly all that way for 4 days???

I'm leaning towards dole whips right now...

wizardmickey
05-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Dole Whips... don't think I've had one of them since I was just a wee little Ice Cube!
Even if (notice I am only saying "IF" right now) extend, we'd probably shoot up to Vegas or go see some other local sites (uh, any suggestions for those of you out there?)

terri.m
05-31-2007, 01:05 AM
wee little ice cube :rotfl::funny:

wizardmickey
05-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Go ahead & laff it up... we wuz all small once upon a time!

janmathatter
05-31-2007, 01:11 AM
And you know why? Cause.... it's a small world after all.

Blue Genie
05-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey Tear & Ice storm I just found out on Oct. 27th we will be at DLR for my dad's birthday. And that is also the month I will be going to eat at Ariel's Grotto to see my friend Snow White. It be cool if we would all eat there on DCA side heehee.

Chescat
05-31-2007, 01:19 AM
This coming from you? :thedolls:

Okay everybody seems we forgot what the cookie boat was. Here's the picture again ($8.99):

Cookie Boat (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/CookieBoat.jpg)

RenDuran
05-31-2007, 02:03 PM

I thought you stayed small because of all that coffee!:coffee:

wizardmickey
05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Chescat: Okay everybody seems we forgot what the cookie boat was. Here's the picture again ($8.99)
Ooooooooooo... looks thouroughly disgusting! I want one!!
As for (Genie) eating anywhere on the 27th; We won't actually be touching down/landing there until the 27th & I can't remember what time we get there, but am sure it'll sort of later in the day (not to mention getting from LAX to Paradise Pier.)

Nacho: And you know why? Cause.... it's a small world after all.
I can't believe you went there...

JPL
06-01-2007, 10:06 AM
we'd probably shoot up to Vegas or go see some other local sites (uh, any suggestions for those of you out there?)

San Diego is a nice little excursion I hear the Zoo and Wild Animal Park are awesome. I only had a day in San Diego and went to Sea World which was also a good time. If you like coasters and Theme Park history Knott's Berry Farm is also a great choice :thumbsup:

terri.m
06-01-2007, 06:42 PM
San Diego is one of my favorite cities! We did the trolly tour last time and went to Balboa Park where the zoo is. It's just gorgeous there and not so far from Disney that you can't go for a day.

RaspberryRed
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Eeep! Sounds like major fun.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
As for local places, I really enjoyed Knott's Berry Farm. I spent the weekend there and had a blast. Seaworld is always good too, [as mentioned above] you can have a great time at most theme parks.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
San Diego is a nice little excursion I hear the Zoo and Wild Animal Park are awesome. I only had a day in San Diego and went to Sea World which was also a good time. If you like coasters and Theme Park history Knott's Berry Farm is also a great choice :thumbsup:

I'm not a fan for roller coasters so I don't go to Knott's often. I think twice in my whole life? The Zoo is nice, plenty to see. I love going to Sea World because I love watching the Shamu shows! :)

wizardmickey
06-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Nice suggestions y'all! Y'know, it's been over 30 years since I've visited Knott's (back before they had coasters to my recollection), Seaworld (back when it was the only Seaworld) and the San Diego Zoo (and y'say it's not far from DLR? Hmmm...)
A few of the other spots we'd frequent back when we lived out that way (Oceanside to be precise) were Lion Country Safari, Magic Mountain, the Hollywood Wax Museum & Marineland... but Disneyland was our fav and we went there every summer (and then some!) Now I guess every park out there is uber-themed with rides & what-not. Might be needing to do a little research...

Chescat
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
A few of the other spots we'd frequent back when we lived out that way (Oceanside to be precise) were Lion Country Safari, Magic Mountain, the Hollywood Wax Museum & Marineland...
I remember the Lion Country Safari. We actually broke down in there and had an ostrich attack the car. Its now the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre.

I don't know if you realize Marineland is where Port Royal was in the pirate movies. The ending of Part 1 & earlier scenes, and the wedding in Part 2. I always hated the fact that Sea World bought it and shipped Corky and Orky in the middle of the night to Sea World. And said, oh we didn't mean to buy the park and close it the next day. We didn't just want the whales. :mad:

I think Knott's still has the best chicken dinner at their one place there. It definitely has those rides that make you :sick:

I love San Diego Zoo. They have the pandas and the koalas in there. The polar bears area is awesome. Its such a great park. Wild Animal Park is okay. Kind of reminds me of that tour in AK.

Might want to hit the Hollywood Night scene one night at House of Blues or one of the clubs. Course the one in Downtown Disney I think compares. I see Lindsay Buckingham is there tonight.

TinkRocks
06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I heard that this ultra cool band called Relix is at the House of Blues on the West Coast later this year...

wizardmickey
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow, Sea World bought out Marineland & then shut it down? I loved going there and seeing there displays from shows like "Lost in Space" & the other shows by that guy (Irwin Allen? Don't think that's right for some reason...) And they shot some of Pirates there too y'say? Man, wait'll I tell the wife that I was there way back when!!!
We're still discussing options for extending the trip, but am so excited about getting to meet any of y'all who are around then.
And as for that rumour concerning Relix at the House of Blues, West Coast Division; I'm not allowed to comment at this point and time!:thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok, after going over my "current itinerary" for the trip, and since Genie has asked (nicely) twice about eating on the 27th, here is what I know for certain as of right now:
We will be leaving AEX on the 27th at 10:50 am our time and will arrive at LAX 2:41 pm California time (how do they get it down to 1 minute like that? If we're more than a minute past 2:41 is my flight free?) Then we have to get transportation from LAX to DLR which I am hearing could be anywhere from a 20 - 45 minute trip? This puts us actually at our room by maybe 3:45 pm I'm estimating. Now, if anyone is gonna be nearby, I think itd be cool if we could plan for dinner that night in Downtown Disney (since it is free to get in there!) What do y'all think of that? I'll PM some of you who I think or know will be there that weekend and maybe we can make plans??
Our flight out of LAX is 11:40 am on the 31st, so I'm sure we'll need to be up and travelling back to the airport pretty early. About the only thing we could do that day would be breakfast before I cut-out?
So, I propose maybe a evening/dinner meeting on the 27th in DTD? The next 3 days will be Park days (we're thinking for ourselves at least to break our days down to Disneyland, DCA & then Disneyland last day again.) We are planning for at least 1 meal at the Blue Bayou & a Disney Gallery Balcony Seating for Fantasmic in there somewhere as well. I know I have 60 days to book Blue Bayou ahead and 30 days for Fantasmic... anybody else?

terri.m
06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Well i'm pretty sure the 27th is the day when we are going to Huntington Beach for the day and disney at night. I told genie that we are a party of 10 so i'm not sure if i'll be able to sneak away very much but we will figure something out for sure!

wizardmickey
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Party of 10? 10! 10?!? :jaw::jaw:
You don't believe in doing anything small, eh?

Blue Genie
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Well if you do get there let Cat know for she cand phone me. I think if Pink comes on the 27th her and me will go eat at Ariel's Grotto. They may put us down for a 1:10pm meal. But I will not call Disney until Step. for sure. The last time when I saw Snow White. I told her that I would be seening her again in Aug. and in Oct. for the last time for the year. I really don't go to Downtown Disney so I would not know were to meet any of you at down there. But we can work more of this down the road close to Step.

wizardmickey
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, someone will have to pick a place or I'll do some "research" about DTD for a night eat.
Tell Snowy since I can't be there that Ice said Hi!