PDA

View Full Version : Condsidering DVC.... questions.



pogo
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I've read just about every thread here and I'm hearing that it may be difficult to book after the seven month mark.:confused:

We are considering OKW resale at this time.:secret:

We usually like to travel in late April, but would also like to see WDW in early December.

How hard is it to book a studio or a one bedroom ? Any help will be appreciated. :D

Maleficent's Dad
05-30-2007, 10:41 PM
We usually like to travel in late April, but would also like to see WDW in early December.

How hard is it to book a studio or a one bedroom ? Any help will be appreciated. :D
To book a studio or a one BR at your home resort at the 11 month mark will be no problem.

Things become more problematic when booking at the 7 month window - especially at the times you listed. Both December and April are pretty busy times and very popular with DVC.

I would never discourage anyone from the purchase as we love the investment... but if you're only travelling at those times, and you want to use other resorts as well, I'd exercise caution; or I'd purchase DVC at the resort I'd prefer to stay at! :mickey:

tinktude
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I will tell you this...our home resort is SSR, and we usually do not have a problem getting a studio or 1 bedroom at OKW. Although we have not been able to get into BCV, it always seems to be booked.

If your home resort is OKW then you can book 11 months out at OKW, but if you want to got to one of the other resorts then the 7 months out you can book.

Ian
05-31-2007, 08:33 AM
If you're booking into your home resort, you wouldn't have a problem. If you don't want to stay at OKW most of the time, though, I'd avoid buying there.

You should definitely want to stay where you buy, since it's likely you'll end up there a lot.

sillyolbear
05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Just my experience as a SSR owner--I've been able to book both early December (9th-12th, '07) and April-just yesterday actually-(27th-30th, '08) at the 11 month window with no problem.

The only time we have had to stay at a resort other than our first choice was booking in a 2 month window.

But the advice to consider where you really want to stay and when you are most likely to travel when purchasing is really sound advice.

Good luck with your decision!

pogo
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I will heed your advice and I think we will be joining all of you shortly. :thumbsup:

It still looks like OKW for us when the right deal comes along. :D